• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What PS1 games would you most like to see Remade?

One

220px-One_Coverart.png

thelastword

Banned
I would like to see Insomniac go all the way back to its roots and remake Disruptor. That was a really good game (with some crazy FMV cheese, lol) that would be amazing to see as a remake from a dev that has honed its craft very well over the years.
Yeah a remade Disruptor would be great to see.....I think lots of people need to see where Insomniac's FPS chops came from...….They could really do it justice on new hardware...….The good thing is all remakes could target 60fps on the upcoming consoles..

Gargus

Banned
Kings field 1 and 2

Parasite eve 1 and 2

Fear effect 1 and 2

Metal gear solid

Tenchu 1 and 2

Einhander

Vagrant story

Blood omen

Brigadiene

Elemental gear bolt

Really I'll just stop because I could rattle off so many no one would bother to read them all

WolfusFh

Silent hill 1: Remake like RE 1 then like RE2.
RE 2, 3 and CV in both styles
Dino crisis 1 and 2 in both styles
Soul reaver
Bloody roar 2
Vigilante 2nd offense

Also sonic riders zero gravity and DMC 1. I know, PS2 games. But I want remakes.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
I'd really like a new remake of MGS..

Also, Chrono Cross.

Nothing that wasn't already mentioned.

thelastword

Banned
Kings field 1 and 2

Parasite eve 1 and 2

Fear effect 1 and 2

Metal gear solid

Tenchu 1 and 2

Einhander

Vagrant story

Blood omen

Brigadiene

Elemental gear bolt

Really I'll just stop because I could rattle off so many no one would bother to read them all
I think there's a fear effect remake already, bought it on PS4, maybe PC too, haven't played it yet though.....

Fbh

Metal Gear Solid though I don't really want a remake. I'd be fine with a remaster that updates the visuals while not changing the gameplay a whole lot.

Also Legend of Dragoon. Not one of the better games on the system but the world and concept is still fun and I'd love to see Sony get out of their comfort zone and make a mid-high budget JRPG.

DaGwaphics

I'm odd, I played a lot of the big names but would end up spending hours on lesser known titles.

2Xtreme was great fun for local head-to-head.

PS1_-_2xtreme__96430.1545344124.jpg

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
All the bad fighting games. Also lol at all the people mentioning Konami games.

UnravelKatharsis

Gold Member
Quite a few actually.

Alundra
Azure Dreams
Blood Omen
Bushido Blade
Tecmos Deception
Final Fantasy tactics p
Parasite Eve
Syphon Filter
Tenchu
Vandal Hearts
Xenogears

TLZ

Banned
Loaded.

When I played it on the demo disc I was so impressed by the graphics and music.

GreatnessRD

• Driver
  • WWF Smackdown 2: Know your Role (I know this is a pipe dream in all scenarios)
  • Metal Gear Solid
  • NFL Gameday '98
  • Twisted Metal
Really think Driver would look good in the 2020s.

Holammer

Symphony of the Night is already perfect.
But imagine a remake with the art style and techniques of Guilty Gear Xrd. Add some new content and the stuff from the Saturn version and we have a new legend.

Top Bottom