• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What platform and genre do you spend the most time with?

Jebron

Lately I find myself torn between the big three, PS5, Series X, and PC. I tend to spread my gaming hours throughout the week among all three platforms, but I know a lot of people that largely commit to a single platform.

I'm curious what platform and genre people spend the most time with. In terms of time spent, it would probably be Destiny 2 on Series X for me, with single-player exclusives on PS5 being a close second.

What games or genres, as well as platform, do you spend most of your time with?

PC is definitely the most played, as it can play games from all generations and different consoles.

I mostly play multiplayer games with my friends, whether it be action, adventure, building, fighters, platformers, racers, shooters, VR, etc. Whatever we feel playing at the moment, is what we'll play.

Drizzlehell

Banned
All kinds of games on PC and PS5. I tend to gravitate towards shooters and linear action games but overall I will play pretty much anything if it's fun and interesting.

rofif

Banned
PC and PS5 now. Let's check stats for last 3 years
2021 - 6 games finished on ps5, 9 on pc
2020 - 5 games finished on ps4, 29 on pc
2019 - 8 games finished on ps4, 21 on pc
2018 - 14 games finished on ps4, 5 on pc

as much as I shit on pc, I use it quite a bit

Last edited:

yamaci17

i only have pc so i play all my games with my trusty old PC
but through PC, I play lots of ps2/ps3/x360/nes games. its really refreshing for me to play some old emulated games occasionaly every now and then
these days though its a mixed bag, no specific genre, i just try to clear my backlog...

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I play about 85% of the time on Series X. I play WRPGs the most, but I also play FPS and TPS shooters, Action games and lately MS FS2020 a lot. On my Switch I mostly play little point and click games

WitchHunter

Lately I find myself torn between the big three, PS5, Series X, and PC. I tend to spread my gaming hours throughout the week among all three platforms, but I know a lot of people that largely commit to a single platform.

I'm curious what platform and genre people spend the most time with. In terms of time spent, it would probably be Destiny 2 on Series X for me, with single-player exclusives on PS5 being a close second.

What games or genres, as well as platform, do you spend most of your time with?
Where the good games at.

Markio128

Mostly PS5 - currently playing Control and F12021. I have the occasional go on MS FS on Series X but the lack of actual ‘game’ is causing me to lose interest quickly - I really don’t have the free time to watch the world pass me buy for hours on end. It seems like something I would enjoy more if I was retired and had lots of free time. Switch has been very quiet of late - mostly played by my daughter who enjoys Animal Crossing.

Edit: I don’t really have a favourite genre, I suppose I’m a bit shallow, in that I love the big budget extravaganzas. But that’s mainly because at best I get an hour or two a night to play games.

Last edited:

BaneIsPain

PS5. starting this year, i beat y7, judgment, persona 5 royal, ac valhalla, r&c, gravity rush remastered and now starting Sakura Wars. No specific genre but leaning towards japanese game.

Jebron

Mostly PS5 - currently playing Control and F12021. I have the occasional go on MS FS on Series X but the lack of actual ‘game’ is causing me to lose interest quickly - I really don’t have the free time to watch the world pass me buy for hours on end. It seems like something I would enjoy more if I was retired and had lots of free time. Switch has been very quiet of late - mostly played by my daughter who enjoys Animal Crossing.

Edit: I don’t really have a favourite genre, I suppose I’m a bit shallow, in that I love the big budget extravaganzas. But that’s mainly because at best I get an hour or two a night to play games.
You sound a bit like me. Do you find your playtime is pretty even across both new consoles, or does one dominate?

Pantz

Gold Member
Xbox 80% of the time. All other platforms (old and new), the other 20%. Racing and JRPG's are probably the top but I like a variety of everything.

Rippa

PS5.

I have Demons Souls Remake, Dark Souls 1-3, Bloodborne, Sekiro, God of War and Modern Warfare 2019 installed.

I love souls games and GoW.

I occasionally play some hardcore TDM on Modern Warfare. Although I’ll end up erasing it for Battlefield 2042 come October.

Last edited:

baphomet

PC hands down. Then followed by probably Switch, then PS5.

The Steam Deck will take the Switch's place once that arrives.

Last edited:

Varteras

Gold Member
PC a majority of the time. A lot of different games but a lot of MMORPGs. PlayStation to a lesser extent. Mostly for exclusives and multiplayer games like Battlefield since PC is a shit show of cheaters. I rarely play my Switch but from time to time I hop on.

Banned
since I play Apex Legends daily since 2+ years,
it has to be Online FPS on PS4pro/PS5... and that by a long shot

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I mostly play JRPGs and other Japanese games so my Switch will most use and going even more once SMT5 comes out, but my PS5 will also get some use because of Tales of Arise.

Mr Hyde

PS5 & Switch.

Action-rpgs, JRPGs, WRPGs, roleplaying games in general. Love them all. I also do dabble a lot with open world, platformers, point and click, horror, cinematic games, all that good stuff. I play a lot of genres. The only ones I don't like are sports, puzzlers, dudebro shooters, fighting games, MMO and online co op games such as Fortnite and shit. Not really into competitive either.

kingfey

Banned
Xbox: Fifa & Gamepass.

Fifa have been my game of the month for me. Been playing it alot, Since I had ear pain for 3 weeks. Only game I could play during the ordeal. I am impressed how good it is. Campaign is nice, and you feel like a hero, when you take a loser team, and make them win the champion league.

Series X and Xbox in general, sometimes PC. I can do both, yay.

I used to be an FPS fiend like the typical Xbox player that I am but CoD use for 10+ years severely burnt me out on them.

Racing games, Puzzle games and good Story based games mainly. Gamepass has introduced me to games I would NEVER have purchased or even looked at.

Zannegan

Right now I'm down to just my Switch, but I might pick up a Series S or X ahead of Halo (if I can even find one in Tokyo), and I'm really looking forward to the Steam Deck.

EDIT: My fav genre at the moment is whatever For the King is. Party Game? Turn-based RPG? Tabletop SIM? Whatever it is, it's amazing with friends and family in local multi.

Last edited:
Currently:
Acent, Destiny 2 - XSX - 60%
Borderlands 3, Remnant - PS5 - 30%

When at work nightshift:
Curse of the Dead Gods, Dead Cells, Risk of Rain 2, Bioshovk remake - Switch - 5%
Magic Arena - Laptop with GeForce NOW - 5%

kunonabi

PS5 since I'm working on my PS4 backlog at the moment. Once that it is finished I have my 3DS backlog to work on.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
I flutter between Series X and PS5 all the time but my main vice are the Skyrim’s / Fallouts / RPG’s of this world.

PC easily. only other platforms i have are ps2 and ps4. i rarely bother with ps4 maybe if i wanna play some persona or bloodborne. on ps2 playing a lot of old games from my childhood.

on pc mostly flight simulator and fortnite :messenger_blowing_kiss:

IKSTUGA

Can't really pinpoint accurately, I play on all my devices (Switch, SeX and PS5) pretty equally. Obviously JRPGs are probably the biggest time sink, since I rarely play multiplayer games these days.

Last edited:

Fredrik

1. PC since I like high framerates and play some serious open world timesinkers there, No Man’s Sky for example.

2. Xbox Series X is getting close because of Gamepass, been playing lots of The Ascent and Flight Sim lately.

3. PS5 because of the exclusives, finished Ratchet recently.

4. Quest 2, having some fun with The Room VR right now, and I use it to play PC games with VR too but that’s another reason why PC is at the top.

5. Switch, I… don’t really want to play on it anymore, just hate-playing some Skyward Sword because the kids want me to play it.

Last edited:

Zero7

Playing Scarlet Nexus, F1 '21 and Guilty Gear on PS5 at min.

Series X will have it's time when Halo and Forza H5 are released.

PS is always my main for Multi platform's Xbox exclusive only.

Top Bottom