• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is your top egg format?

What is the best egg format?

• Fried (sunny side up / crispy)

Votes: 38 34.9%
  • Boiled (hard / soft)

Votes: 25 22.9%
  • Omlette

Votes: 24 22.0%
  • Poached

Votes: 14 12.8%
  • Scrambled (hard / soft)

Votes: 42 38.5%
  • Raw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Frittata

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Other

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • Where is the egg pun option?

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IFireflyl

Gold Member
Over-medium:

Over-Medium-Eggs-thumbnail.jpg

Soft-boiled:

How-to-Soft-Boil-Eggs-Culinary-Hill-1200x800-1.jpg

Both of these are perfection.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Scrambled with cheese (little runny) sunny side up with still moist(y) yolks. Omelets of any kind. Boiled (mildly runny yolks but solid eggwhite)

An most with Zaanse mayo and salt and pepper (sometimes even on the omelettes lmao)

Sometimes foeyonghai (for you dutchies)

Oeeeeeee omelet with spinach ricotta and blue cheese

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷

Last edited:

lachesis

I am also on the poached... followed by soft boiled.
They are pretty similar, but poached egg is more convenient because I don't have to deal with the shells.

7G2uLDY.jpg

Edit: Since egg tart was mentioned, this is another type of egg that I love. Japanese purin/flan/pudding with caramel sauce.
I make this quite often for myself and my child for dessert.

Last edited:

GeekyDad

i only have 2 eggs left :messenger_fearful:

i've been making too much scrambled egg, fried egg on roll, and ramen with egg. the next few days are going to be tough. i might need to make an early visit to the supermarket.

it's an eggmergency :messenger_tears_of_joy:

iu
Ah, it's just so good. Sprinkle a tiny bit of Kosher salt, and bam. Down about three of them lil guys. You get all the protein benefits, since the yolk (if done correctly) is mostly still uncooked, and none of the oils/butter from pan frying.

Don't get me wrong, on my treat days, I'll throw a couple of scrambled eggs on biscuits. But for a guilt-free egg experience, those are quite tasty.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
There's nothing of a better egg than poached in white wine vinegar than topped with a gallon of hollandaise sauce and chorizo on top.

Durien

There is a place by where I live that makes an omelet called The Whole Hog omelet. It has ham, bacon, sausage and cheese. I REALLY have to be in a mood to eat eggs but I could eat this omelet any day of the week.

Top Bottom