• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is YOUR MAP in multiplayer Versus?

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Maybe you're an ace at Dust II in Counterstrike, or maybe you know Mario Kart 64's rainbow road like the back of your hand? I would like to know if you have a particular stage or map that you are an absolute master at, in your opinion. Bonus points if you were an asshole and tortured your friends by playing it over and over.

Can you noscope360 from across the map in Halo's Blood Gulch? Have you put 100s of hours into memorizing all the tricks and angles of attack in Hyrule Temple from Smash Bros? When you select Backlot in Modern Warfare, do your buddies groan and make up an excuse to leave for the night?

Mine:

latest
latest

(MorbiasII and Morpheus from Unreal Tournament 99)

Doom85

I'm not a bragger when it comes to gaming even if I've put a ton of time into it. I take the saying "pride comes before a fall" seriously. But my most played MP game, Overwatch, fuck it here's a few:

Volskaya Industries on Attack. I grab D.Va and I swear to god so many times me and my team will take both points in under 3 minutes.

Numbani on Defense. I grab Sombra and troll the shit out of the enemy. Hack all health packs and leave my big Sombra spray near one to make sure they know who's fucking with them (I have all health pack locations memorized for every map, as a Sombra main it's kinda essential knowledge). Single out fools who are heading off their own and teach them a lesson (Zenyattas in particular are so fun to pick on). And constantly move my translocator to different spots so they don't easily track me down. And if they do go through a ton of effort to find me and kill me, good, they just wasted plenty of time when they could have been focused on taking the point. It may be seen as manipulative, but I think getting under enemy player's skins and getting them pissed off results in them making more mistakes and Sombra excels at allowing me to do this.

Speaking of Sombra, one time on Dorado we were on the final stretch but the enemy wiped us and then proceeded to push all the way to our spawn room just to be assholes. I already was playing Sombra so these punks were just asking for it. I easily snuck past them and jumped on top of the payload. I realized none of them were likely to notice the arrow moving forward on the payload icon as they had to be focused on the rest of my team, and by the time the "warning! Payload close to finish line" music starts they would not have time to make it all the way back to contest it. So I just had Sombra use her dance emote at the top of the payload and relaxed. As I made it to the end, I could see them just appearing in eyesight as the victory screen appeared. So they knew I was just dancing carefree and won the game. Like I said at the start, "pride comes before a fall", and pushing THAT much when defending is a fool's game, so hope those morons learned their lesson.

I'm not a bragger when it comes to gaming even if I've put a ton of time into it. I take the saying "pride comes before a fall" seriously. But my most played MP game, Overwatch, fuck it here's a few:

Volskaya Industries on Attack. I grab D.Va and I swear to god so many times me and my team will take both points in under 3 minutes.

Numbani on Defense. I grab Sombra and troll the shit out of the enemy. Hack all health packs and leave my big Sombra spray near one to make sure they know who's fucking with them (I have all health pack locations memorized for every map, as a Sombra main it's kinda essential knowledge). Single out fools who are heading off their own and teach them a lesson (Zenyattas in particular are so fun to pick on). And constantly move my translocator to different spots so they don't easily track me down. And if they do go through a ton of effort to find me and kill me, good, they just wasted plenty of time when they could have been focused on taking the point. It may be seen as manipulative, but I think getting under enemy player's skins and getting them pissed off results in them making more mistakes and Sombra excels at allowing me to do this.

Speaking of Sombra, one time on Dorado we were on the final stretch but the enemy wiped us and then proceeded to push all the way to our spawn room just to be assholes. I already was playing Sombra so these punks were just asking for it. I easily snuck past them and jumped on top of the payload. I realized none of them were likely to notice the arrow moving forward on the payload icon as they had to be focused on the rest of my team, and by the time the "warning! Payload close to finish line" music starts they would not have time to make it all the way back to contest it. So I just had Sombra use her dance emote at the top of the payload and relaxed. As I made it to the end, I could see them just appearing in eyesight as the victory screen appeared. So they knew I was just dancing carefree and won the game. Like I said at the start, "pride comes before a fall", and pushing THAT much when defending is a fool's game, so hope those morons learned their lesson.
44a0f9dd0f2735771d07d435999c2c0e.gif

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Another personal example that spans three versions of Mario Kart:

mario-kart-8-the-fastest-path-moo-moo-meadows-wii_d5u2.1280.jpg

My wife and I developed a rivalry on this map during our countless hours of Mario Kart Wii. And it is always in the mix when we play Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Great tune to go along with the track, too. I'm probably average if I compared myself to online players, but this map is easily one of my most-played stages from any videogame series.

Hulk_Smash

Banned
Maybe you're an ace at Dust II in Counterstrike, or maybe you know Mario Kart 64's rainbow road like the back of your hand? I would like to know if you have a particular stage or map that you are an absolute master at, in your opinion. Bonus points if you were an asshole and tortured your friends by playing it over and over.

Can you noscope360 from across the map in Halo's Blood Gulch? Have you put 100s of hours into memorizing all the tricks and angles of attack in Hyrule Temple from Smash Bros? When you select Backlot in Modern Warfare, do your buddies groan and make up an excuse to leave for the night?

Mine:

latest
latest

(MorbiasII and Morpheus from Unreal Tournament 99)
Morpheus was so flippin' awesome. One of the most creative maps ever made.

Naked Lunch

Battle/Beaver Creek - Halo. I will beast anyone on this map. Just a total slaughter when we used to play FFA vs friends. The middle incline is brilliant - as is taking up positions on top of the bases. The teleporter in the back. So any great times! Aesthetically, I love how you can see the Halo ring in the sky and that one lone tree behind the sunny side base.

Crossover2 - Team Fortress Classic. Drop into pit, grab Flag, grenade/rocket jump with Pryo (a class no one used on TFC) and win.

Last edited:

Hulk_Smash

Banned

Just a well-designed map all around. And pleasing to look at. But, it didn't matter if it was FFA, TDM, Domination or if I was using a shotgun, pistols, SMGs, LMGs, Snipers. I owned everyone on this map.

Can't say that about the rest of CoD though... :(

Probably Wasteland from Modern Warfare 2. At least, that was the map that gave me the most nukes.
Just put the thermal scope on the Barrett and hope for the best. Had some great games just from doing that.

Wasteland.jpg

Whitesnake

Banned
Halo: Reach - Sword Base
dJOG5n9.jpg

My favorite memory of this place is winning a matchmaking 1v4 on this map because I had enough map knowledge to get to the powerweapons before they could, and to get around without them spotting me before I spot them.

Team Fortress 2 - Double Cross
hk3x6ko.png

Basically just 2fort but better because the vertical offset of the bases means snipers can’t just camp out on the roof taking potshots, and the map being a bit les cramped means pyros can’t just be spychecking all the time.

SCB3

Valhalla - Halo 3
Crash - Call of Duty 4
Javelin 4 - Destiny 2
Horizon Lunar Colony - Overwatch

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Almost every map from Call of Duty 4 to Modern Warfare 3.

The only maps I didn't like were the super small ones like Shipment.

Chente Fernandez

Neo Member
Midship from Halo 2, IMO the best map of the series. So versatile(Flag, Assault, Slayer, KOTH) you can play for hours on that map and not get bored

CobraXT

Banned

Just a well-designed map all around. And pleasing to look at. But, it didn't matter if it was FFA, TDM, Domination or if I was using a shotgun, pistols, SMGs, LMGs, Snipers. I owned everyone on this map.

Can't say that about the rest of CoD though... :(

BO3 was good .. MW is acceptable .. but yeah nothing this gen match the greatness of bo2

Top Bottom