• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is your fanboy bias?

What are you?

• Playstation fanboy

Votes: 98 31.1%
  • Nintendo fanboy

Votes: 36 11.4%
  • Xbox fanboy

Votes: 35 11.1%
  • PC fanboy

Votes: 61 19.4%
  • Apple fanboy

Votes: 9 2.9%
  • Thor 2: The Dark World fanboy

Votes: 35 11.1%
  • Sega fanboy

Votes: 41 13.0%

• Total voters

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia
Sega’s future ain’t worth the shit you stepped in if they don’t put the mobile ports of Sonic on systems with actual inputs and give me Sonic 3 & Knuckles with the same treatment
Did you try the first nvidia shield handheld or not, android consoles with integrated controllers or not? Or you just want japanese/american consoles for Sonic.

Sonic 3 ? There are copyrights issues unfortunately.

Soodanim

Gold Member
Did you try the first nvidia shield handheld or not, android consoles with integrated controllers or not? Or you just want japanese/american consoles for Sonic.

Sonic 3 ? There are copyrights issues unfortunately.
Of course I didn't. Mobile games for the most part are not something that appeal to me. Certainly not enough to justify a whole system for. There may be copyright issues with 3 if they don't want to use the replacement music that already exists or make new music, but there's no good reason that 1 and 2 aren't on the 4 platforms that would make them money.

Josemayuste

Hint:

DHM9KPEXgAAggZn.jpg

Tschumi

Sony gaming.. psp/vita for a hell of a lot longer than the consoles.. and GameCube gaming.. but really I'm PC both and bred. I just get a bit more self conscious sitting at a desk all day than sitting on a couch with my legs crossed.

Moogle11

Banned
None. I grew up a Nintendo fanboy, but got over that once I made my own money and could buy every console.

So Nintendo was my sole platform with the NES and SNES and first part of the N64 generatio. Once I got a PS1 tjst became my “main” the rest of the generation.

The next gen was pretty split between PS2 and GC, won an Xbox bought later in the generation. Then 360 was my main by far, WIi saw a lot of use and PS3 was obtained later on for exclusives. Last gen PS4 was my main, only had an Xbox One briefly and then played some of those games. Had and enjoyed a Wii U and love the Switch which has been my most played Nintendo platform since N64.

This gen is early, but already have a PS5 and XSX. Too early to say which will end up my main. So far as I’d has a leg up as I love the Elite controller, Gamepass is incredible for me as some one who “one and dones” games for the most part and doesn’t care ro own or collect games, and it has more and more easily expandable storage. But PS5 has gotten a lot of use as many of Sony’s IPs are among my favorite games as a lover of cinematic, narrative-driven games and most of my friends are PS gamers so coop stuff will get played their. Switch continues to get a ton of use and I’ll definitely by the successor down the road.

As the above should illustrate, I have no loyalty to any of these corporations. I’m just all about games and as an adult have had all the console platforms (and all major handhelds other than PSP) so there’s no reason to defend or be loyal to one as I have no FOMO. None of these corporations have my interests at heart. They exist solely to make as much money for their investors, owners and executives as possible. They can handle the “console warring” themselves as far as I’m concerned. My goal is protecting my bottom line and trying to play a fuckton great games without breaking the bank.

Last edited:

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
SEGA!

Sega is the only company that has gotten me to buy a gaming system just for the games

Not because it played CD, DVD, BR, 4K, or I needed a streaming box (XBOX/PS)

Sega systems were good enough just for the games alone.....I miss that

Mr Hyde

Today I favor Playstation but thinking back, I've been all over the place when it comes to supporting brands. If I'm gonna break it down, I'd say Sega is the one I cherished the most before settling with Sony.

I grew up with NES and went on to Mega Drive/Genesis in my early teens. Then I got a Playstation which I was very happy about but also dabbled some with the Saturn being such a fan of Sega. It culminated with the Dreamcast, which I planned to stick with for many many years (was so tired of all the systems pushing out from left to right) but the dream died way too fast.

Eventually I went with Playstation due to liking their exclusives and strong third party support, and been with them thick and thin now for the past three generations. I don't like buying multiple systems from different manufacturers, I like having one dedicated console for all my needs, but I have recently gone back to Nintendo and branched out with the Switch being so good and their exclusives being top notch.

So yeah, I'd say Playstation is a favorite but Nintendo has certainly risen among the ranks and gotten my attention for the foreseeable future. I'd say it's a perfect combination covering all bases.

kingwingin

I was only ever a nintendo fanboy back in the 90's. Now that I'm older I give allegiance to whoever gives me the better product/services

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
I used to be a Nintendo fanboy, but don't care as much anymore. I dislike Microsoft because they're the cliche american chest pounding BS sellers.

SynTha1

I'm not really a fanboy I respect Nintendo but felt like I outgrew them but would still buy their stuff for my kids as a introduction into games. I have bought every Playstation since the first and don't see that changing until either I can't play anymore or they get out of the business. As for Microsoft I don't ever hide my feelings for that company I hate them and will never ever give them my money if I can help it all they do is lie and manipulate and try to pretend to be the good guys while doing the least amount of work than Sony or Nintendo. I really wish they would sell the Xbox division to damn near anyone then maybe I would by a Xbox but as long as its associated with Microsoft I'm good on that.

Arachnid

I truly don't have one. I suppose I spend the most time on my Xbox, but that's because that's the system all my friends are on. Otherwise, it just doesn't matter to me.

Sony just makes cinematic shit now so they lost me.
Bloodborne, Demon Souls, Nioh 1/2? All completely gameplay focused

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

kyussman

I've always liked PlayStation more than other platforms...I enjoy many of their exclusive franchises from old favorites like Ratchet & Clank to newer ones like Ghost of Tsushima....I have also always liked the actual hardware,Sony consoles have always looked pretty cool and like something I want under my TV....no fanboyism here though,lol...I'm way too old for that nonsense.

Vick

Posts like this one:

Sony just makes cinematic shit now so they lost me.

Are the reason i've voted PlayStation despite loving PC just as much (all Sony games on PC and goodbye PlayStation for me) and Nintendo just a little less. GAF made me the worst Sony defender. :messenger_neutral:

gm-673ac7b6-1e22-4f8a-b42e-e11ca822e8a2-ps5ad2021launch.jpg

And this year's cinematic shit being this i guess:

Or maybe Spider-Man?

Last edited:
I'm mainly a fanboy of Nintendo, having been obsessed in collecting all of their consoles. I guess you could also call me a Xbox, Playstation and PC fanboy as well.

Last edited:

DjMystix

I am super interested in knowing if anyone is 40+ years old and still a fan boy. I lived through all console generations and have been a fanboy of different systems all the way until ps4. No more now, I have no brand loyalty although I buy most games on Playstation but only because everyone I play with is on psn.

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
As myich as I try to get away from pc I still end up playing most games on pc lol. The worst part is I end up buying games twice in the process. 🤦‍♂️

Kokoloko85

Imagine they all had to fight to the death and then who would you support?

Lol.
Sega was my first Love..... They are no longer with us Like they use to be ( Consoles ) :(

I use my Playstation the most since after Dreamcast died. Even though I loved the PS1 and Saturn almost equally

Last edited:

Kokoro2020

PlayStation, with a dash of Nintendo.

I much prefer Sony's exclusives over what Microsoft has to offer. And the Switch has been a great alternative to my PS4 (and soon to be PS5), as well as being kind of an "old-school machine".

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
If I had to pick it would be apple, gotta have my AirPods, iPad Pro and iPhone. Can’t imagining using any lesser brand as my go to in these categories.

Top Bottom