• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is the strangest thing a complete stranger has ever told you?

TheRyzzl

Neo Member
Probably have heard weirder but off the top of my head recently. I work at a gas station and was done checking out a customer and as he was walking away he turned back and asked “how’s your relationship with Jesus” so I was like uhhh it ain’t there. Then he goes “well, he’s coming back soon ya know” with this creepy smile. So I go uhhh huh, well I’ve been hearing that for a while now. Then he winked at me and just left….so random..

dave_d

Well there was this time I was doing an interview trying to get into medical school. (No I didn't get in.)

Me - "Well it's not as though in everyday life you can go around dissecting people and animals"

Doc interviewing me - "Actually I used to work for a hunting lodge as a teenager and I'd dissect the animals after the hunters were done with them."

Yeah, I probably gave him a look like I was thinking he was some kind of psycho. (He was a pathologist working in a lab, glad he doesn't see patients.)

AmuroChan

I was walking to get lunch one day from the office and a stranger walked up to me and asked me if I had an extra condom on me. I was like..."uhh no". Then he just walked away without saying a word.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Not strangest but the greatest comment I ever received from a stranger was from a nurse while getting my blood drawn just after college:

“You men and your big, veiny…forearms”

I had just started working out for a year and I still think about that sometimes.

Had the same happen to me although differently worded.

arnold schwarzenegger predator GIF

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
There's a gas station pretty close to where I live. And sometimes I go there for some tobacco. Well I make my own cigs so in buy like a box of tobacco and filters.

Anyways. The cashier asked me how much cigs I could make from said box. And I told him like I dunno prolly 200 like the box says. The two following visits for said tobacco he kept asking the same. And he wasn't trolling. Weird dude.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
I was walking to get lunch one day from the office and a stranger walked up to me and asked me if I had an extra condom on me. I was like..."uhh no". Then he just walked away without saying a word.
You were being propositioned you should have offered to raw dog him/her/them.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
I was preparing to take a medical exam in my third year (it's 6 years of university). And a lady arrived accompanied by him 25-year-old son and asked to be a friend and would take care of him and I was like this with a WTF face :messenger_neutral::messenger_neutral::messenger_fearful::messenger_hushed: ? Why did the lady even go to the hospital and classroom to vigilance how her son was taking classes at the university? I was very sorry for the dude and embarrassed for their actions of the mom.

Last edited:

Corian33

When my daughter was an infant, I was at a big travel stop waiting to order food. This guy walks up and asks me how old she is, and then says something like “Aren’t you afraid of bringing her into a world with so many bad things in it.” And I said something like I know bad things happen but most people live good lives. And then he full blown goes into telling me about his uncle abusing his cousins, like unloading this trauma on me. I could understand he needed to talk about it to someone, but I’m just standing here trying to get a cheeseburger.

At some point my wife called to me and I looked away and he walked off. I never got closure on this random dude’s life experience.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
When my daughter was an infant, I was at a big travel stop waiting to order food. This guy walks up and asks me how old she is, and then says something like “Aren’t you afraid of bringing her into a world with so many bad things in it.” And I said something like I know bad things happen but most people live good lives. And then he full blown goes into telling me about his uncle abusing his cousins, like unloading this trauma on me. I could understand he needed to talk about it to someone, but I’m just standing here trying to get a cheeseburger.

At some point my wife called to me and I looked away and he walked off. I never got closure on this random dude’s life experience.

Mental issues for sure. His heart was in the right place though i feel. His head wasn't. How was the cheeseburger?

Corian33

How did you travel the plaza? Unicycle?

(European interpreting US stuff. )
As you may or may not know, in the US there are vast distances between large cities in much of the country. Drives that can take hours. So along major highways there are big gas station/restaurant/general store combos that are sometimes called travel plazas.

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
In a long line at the grocery store, 20-year-old dude in line ahead of me with a half-gallon of milk. I forget how he opened, but within a few sentences, he was telling the guy in front of us how his uncle murder-suicided his parents when he was a kid, so it was just him and his sister trying to raise each other. The guy he was talking to said, "Ya know, I think I forgot something..." and left the line he'd been in for minutes.

There's trauma dumping and then there's actual trauma dumping. Hard not to feel sympathy for that kid. I hope he's just a pathological liar and/or was filming a social-experiment thing for YouTube.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
In a long line at the grocery store, 20-year-old dude in line ahead of me with a half-gallon of milk. I forget how he opened, but within a few sentences, he was telling the guy in front of us how his uncle murder-suicided his parents when he was a kid, so it was just him and his sister trying to raise each other. The guy he was talking to said, "Ya know, I think I forgot something..." and left the line he'd been in for minutes.

There's trauma dumping and then there's actual trauma dumping. Hard not to feel sympathy for that kid. I hope he's just a pathological liar and/or was filming a social-experiment thing for YouTube.

Yeah that was me sorry.

Seriously though. Something could've cought his attention and triggered that memory. And strangers are without attachment and therefore quit easy to unload really deep stuff on. Sad.

Last edited:

Jsisto

I was in a target shopping and some young guy, probably late teens to early twenties, walks up to me and asks for help. I explain that I don’t work there, then he follows up with “No, I really need help. I fell on a cactus and got it stuck up my ass, and I was hoping you could help me get it out.”. I just kinda laughed and said sorry youre gonna have to find someone else to help with that and walked away. He kept begging for help as I walked away. I was pretty sure there was someone with a camera somewhere filming it for YouTube/TikTok or some shit.

Rockondevil

Was birthday shopping for my son and this creepy looking 50ish looking dude came up to me in the kids toy section and said he liked the artwork on my shirt and asked who drew it.
It was an old Joker shirt and while I love Batman, I couldn't tell you who drew the artwork on a shirt.
He then proceeded to inform me about comic artwork, but I stopped listening.

And none of that is as weird as this.

"I like the way you talk". It was more about my vocabulary and manner of speaking than anything else.

"What are you, like 16? You waiting on your boyfriend or something?" Some random guy on the other end of a bench at the park. Flattering, i'm in the latter half of my 20's. So that was nice to hear. Pretty sure he wasn't messing with me. Just felt friendly and creepy at the same time.

"Yo, those your real eyes?" Just, what

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
When I was in nursing school (didn’t work out for me). We went to a medical ward. This lady was being admitted. She kept going on and on about how some guy was molesting all these girls. How he was going to keep doing it and that he’s probably already done it to a couple girls she named off. This was mental ward, so you can get why she’s there. It was so strange because it was like she was in some police station. She sat down, kept shaking her head, and went on and on about this guy. It was strange and I still remember it clear as day.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
So standing in shavers section in a store and a old guy asks me if one of them was any good, I said "I didn't know"
He then ask me if you could use it down below in which I replied " I'm not sure but I believe they have special ones for that"
Then he asks me if I shaved my balls
dean-winchester.gif

Last edited:
One day in the middle of a crowd a woman with a book on her hand looks at me and can't stop staring to the point i was getting bothered.
She finally walks to me, gives me this book and says "from everyone around here you look like you need this the most" and her concern was quite genuine.

It was a book about dealing with depression. My mom had died 2 weeks before this day and i was indeed feeling like shit.

But she was a total stranger and i still remember this moment quite clearly. I try not to tell this story cause most people don't believe me, but i still have the book lmao.

Scotty W

Gold Member
I had just moved to a new town and I had just visited the big book store for the first time. I bought a big book of Plato and foolishly decided to dive in to Plato’s Parmenides as I rode home on the bus.

A native woman who was 10-15 years older than me sat down next to me and started talking to me, I wanted to keep reading Parmenides, but she really wanted to talk. I think she had fas. After a few minutes she started to tell me intensely personal stuff, culminating in telling me that when she was a child an adult- her uncle, iirc- raped her and stabbed her with a knife.

A very harsh collision of realities.

I saw her a few times after that, usually with her husband, who had a juggalo kind of vibe, but she never gave any sign of recognizing me.

Last edited:
I was in a target shopping and some young guy, probably late teens to early twenties, walks up to me and asks for help. I explain that I don’t work there, then he follows up with “No, I really need help. I fell on a cactus and got it stuck up my ass, and I was hoping you could help me get it out.”. I just kinda laughed and said sorry youre gonna have to find someone else to help with that and walked away. He kept begging for help as I walked away. I was pretty sure there was someone with a camera somewhere filming it for YouTube/TikTok or some shit.
Shit, this made me remember going to Target before Christmas. I'd been at the gym and was wearing a tank top, and at Target I was in the cleaning supplies area. Multiple middle-aged women went by me and made "Brawny guy" jokes about my arms in the span of about 2-3 minutes.

Not the weirdest thing ever, but weird.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Shit, this made me remember going to Target before Christmas. I'd been at the gym and was wearing a tank top, and at Target I was in the cleaning supplies area. Multiple middle-aged women went by me and made "Brawny guy" jokes about my arms in the span of about 2-3 minutes.

Poor cactus guy...

What's brawny? Jacked?

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
One day in the middle of a crowd a woman with a book on her hand looks at me and can't stop staring to the point i was getting bothered.
She finally walks to me, gives me this book and says "from everyone around here you look like you need this the most" and her concern was quite genuine.

It was a book about dealing with depression. My mom had died 2 weeks before this day and i was indeed feeling like shit.

But she was a total stranger and i still remember this moment quite clearly. I try not to tell this story cause most people don't believe me, but i still have the book lmao.

Don't you just love non NPC's? It's quite rare nowadays.

Toons

A random adult told me I have beautiful eyelashes as soon as I walked in the building (it was a car parts shop)

Considering I was a 20 year old male and she was an adult woman figured that doesn't happen too often.

It was just interesting fir someone else to say it, I have been told my lashes are pretty good by people I know

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day

I hope you closed the deal if not it's all in vain.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Haha same here. It stands for non player character if I'm not mistaken. Ie people that think the news is true. Watch cable TV and live in a made up reality. A non NPC questions the force fed media narrative and extrapolates from that In whichever form that may manifest.

Ps no nazi hatespeech paradigm.

Half boss, half stranger, 25 years ago...

Boss while grabbing my cock and balls without consent on a night out has his transitioned girlfriend (full M2F, she played wingman on multiple occassions) and asks how do I know I don't like smoking pole or going down on a M2F.

"Instinct" I replied, and left the night and the job. Weird ass couple that wouldn't leave me alone for months.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
Half boss, half stranger, 25 years ago...

Boss while grabbing my cock and balls without consent on a night out has his transitioned girlfriend (full M2F, she played wingman on multiple occassions) and asks how do I know I don't like smoking pole or going down on a M2F.

"Instinct" I replied, and left the night and the job. Weird ass couple that wouldn't leave me alone for months.
I mean, in all fairness who doesn't?

Top Bottom