• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is the one game that Microsoft can release for the XB Series X that would convinced a Playstation fanboy to purchase a XSX?

drotahorror

Evolution Studios reunites to create a Motorstorm-esque XBox exclusive (no PC). If it has to come out on PC, then I won't be getting an Xbox ever for anything. Will just upgrade my computer if I have to.

Bolivar687

Banned
Honestly? It's literally Final Fantasy Tactics 2.

200.gif

cireza

Banned
Give Xbox for free while having games run better than on PS5. All games should be free as well. This might help Microsoft to get 50% of the market share, but probably not much more.

Last edited:
To me that's been MS's issue for years though. It's always wait "insert" is coming just hang in there. And it never materializes. I've known die hard MS fans who echo that sentiment. People get tired of being strung along with false hope. Quantity of studios doesn't necessarily translate to quality of games so to date they've proven nothing. I hope for those die hard fans the games come but at this point I personally wouldn't buy a 500-600 Xbox on that premise.

But they've already shown more 1st-party next-gen games than Sony :/ At least two of them being new IP, at that.

wipeout364

I don’t think one game would do it, you really need to take away something that PS4 fans love. I would guess it would have to be something Japanese since most of the western stuff is well represented on XBOX.
I would say the purchase of One of Sega/Atlus, Capcom or Square Enix with all their titles becoming PC/Xbox exclusive would drive a certain segment of users to move to the Xbox platform.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Although I'd get both eventually, I'll pick up a PS5 first because I'm more invested in the PS ecosystem.

However (this is a long shot), If somehow the series X was able to play more strategy and RTS games, like an Age of Empire 4 port of a port of an older Total War game, I would pick up a series X in a heartbeat. Even before a PS5 if this was confirmed before launch.

But they've already shown more 1st-party next-gen games than Sony :/ At least two of them being new IP, at that.

They have But still people know what's going to come with sony but not so much with Microsoft if the past is anything to go by ... You can't change the past but can only go forward hopefully those 16 or so new studios bear some real good games .

Unfortunately, they don't really have one thing to turn the heads of the PS masses. Even if they did - I don't think most will pay attention (everywhere outside North America) unless they kept it up for at least 2 whole console generations.

I think if GTAVI was an XSX exclusive, a lot of people would switch - even if it was only temporary. But that's also part of the problem. It'd wouldn't be permanent.

Last edited:

Kagero

It would have to be big. I'm mostly a Sony guy, because of the exclusives, but if they somehow managed to make an exclusive Metal Gear game. Maybe focus on a prequel, staring one of the fan favorite villains like Sniper Wolf. I would probably be there day one. Even bigger, is if they acquire a large studio like Capcom, or Ubisoft. I think a lot of people would flock to their console. Then again, if all of these games are going to PC then it won't matter anyway.

None. Because Fanboys are NOT real gamers. Real gamers just want to play great games regardless of the platform and they won't be throwing 5 year old bitch fits.

Having a preference is one thing, but looking for a game to "force" someone to switch to a different platform just makes no sense. Why would someone need a game to be switched over if they already happy? Lol.

You either have the money and buy all the systems so you can play the games you always wanted or you stick with a platform that appeals to you the most.

Last edited:

_Spr_Drnk

Banned
Nothing really. I'm not anti XBox at all, I had several 360's and Spencer's done well to right the ship. But I'll more than likely stick with Sony, just because to date I've enjoyed their exclusives more, and I don't really see that changing. Never say never though..

killatopak

Gold Member
Nothing. There no ONE game that can make me switch like that. Of course I’m still buying it for some exclusives and game pass but definitely not before PS5.

If all of the sudden games like FF7R, Persona, NieR, Yakuza etc came out on the same date as the Playstation releases then we can have a discussion but currently all of those either have delayed releases or no release at all.

Just for clarification. I'm not asking for the 1 game that would cause a PS owner to jump ship and buy an XB Series X instead of the PS5. I know PS owners (myself included) will be looking forward to the PS5. What I was asking is if there is just 1 game that would convince you to pick up the XSX as well, which one would it be?

Top Bottom