• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is the name of that french action movie something about the legend of wolf or ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot the name of it but it had some awsome fight scenes it was some frenchman with an Indian companion and they kicked ass looking for some weird beast controlled by some cult that offshoot of the Catholic Church and it had whores with poison.

karasu

Legend of the Wolf is a Donnie Yen movie. It's as kinetic as a mouse fuck. Everytime I watch it I expect the DVD to explode.

ManaByte

Tommie Hu$tle said:
I forgot the name of it but it had some awsome fight scenes it was some frenchman with an Indian companion and they kicked ass looking for some weird beast controlled by some cult that offshoot of the Catholic Church and it had whores with poison.

Brotherhood of the Wolf.

The Canadian region 1 DVD has better extras and DTS (they're all in French from the French release though), but the bare-bones US release has a better transfer.

US release

Three disc Canadian release (with comparison shots between the US and this one)

+1000 to the movie for Monica Bellucci. +100000000000 for her being nekkid.

teiresias

Not that I care, but I agree with this assessment, she's gorgeous in this film (particularly when she absolutely owns that stupid gypsy woman at the end of the flick). How long after filming Brotherhood of the Wolf was it before she did Matrix? Because she looks absolutely horrendous in Matrix (IMO) compared to BoTW, they made her look so damn old in Matrix and the film just overall wasn't very flattering to her IMO.

The movie has some good fight scenes but dragged to much and Dacoscas should have been the lead not that frenchi dude.

Legend of the wolf is a really incoherant yet extremely energetic Donnei yen movie.

ManaByte

teiresias said:
Not that I care, but I agree with this assessment, she's gorgeous in this film (particularly when she absolutely owns that stupid gypsy woman at the end of the flick). How long after filming Brotherhood of the Wolf was it before she did Matrix? Because she looks absolutely horrendous in Matrix (IMO) compared to BoTW, they made her look so damn old in Matrix and the film just overall wasn't very flattering to her IMO.

Probably about a year or two. Le Pacte des Loups was released in France in January of 2001 (the US release wasn't until 2002) and they were filming the Matrix sequels in 2001/2002.

ManaByte said:

How the hell did I not remember her being in the movie, let alone naked? Man, I must've really tried hard to forget that movie.

karasu

Kabuki Waq said:
The movie has some good fight scenes but dragged to much and Dacoscas should have been the lead not that frenchi dude.

Legend of the wolf is a really incoherant yet extremely energetic Donnei yen movie.

yeah, it's ragged on alot, but I love it for it's energy alone. Plus I think Donnie is best in that kind of a role.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
I thought the movie had its moments.. but it was too over the place and never figured out what it was going to be. I was into the action parts and even the scary parts, but when it went into diplomatic mode for hours I got pretty bored.. especially since the story really went no where until the last half hour of the movie.

Gorey

It's all about the first big fight scene, the one in the rain. See it for that alone.

And whatever you do, watch the US version in the original french with english subtitles. The sub track just murders the experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom