• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is the current Graphics King for PS5/XSX so far?

Your current Graphics King for PS5/XSX

• Ratchet and Clank: A Rift Apart

Votes: 32 12.6%
  • Flight Simulator (if you call this a game)

Votes: 56 22.0%
  • The Last of US 2 with the 60fps patch

Votes: 8 3.1%
  • Horizion Forbidden West (A looker)

Votes: 126 49.6%
  • Elden Ring

Votes: 7 2.8%
  • Horizon 5

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • Gran Turismo 7

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • Gears 5

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • other

Votes: 15 5.9%

• Total voters

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
To this day we are still hampered with many games being devloped with the legacy platforms like ps4/x1 in mind. Yes things can be scaled but still won't take full advantages of all the power of these new systems. Many people see many different ways so you can feel free to state who your graphics King currently is.

My pick is one that is developed with only the PS5 in mind. It looks better than many pixar movies while being just fun as hell to play. My pick is Ratchet & Clank a rift apart. From the silky smooth animation, butter smooth gameplay, thousands of objects on screen, just a site to behold. The colors dazzle while the scenes are vast. Just an amazing showcase that nobody with 2 eyes can argue isn't beautiful.

skyfall

Knack

tumblr_mikrjoGwhO1s5i4foo3_500.gif

tumblr_mikrjoGwhO1s5i4foo7_500.gif

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
I'll give it to HFW, it's the only department where they can beat any other of those games anyway.

Also You missed Kena OP.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Flight Simulator (if you call this a game)

samuel-l-jackson-shocked.gif

Thats how you want to start the thread?
Voting for it just out of spite.

Matrix Awakens first section......still blows my mind, my none gamer friends couldnt believe thats how far game graphics have gotten......hell I work with offline renderers and even I was like yo for real?
Forbidden West Burning Shores.....spectacular graphically.

ChiefDada

Gold Member
Everyone here will say Horizon forbidden West.

Nope. Image stability and cohesion is a big deal which is why as much as I like the improved fidelity of Burning Shores DLC, I don't consider it the best graphics. Relative to all the well earned praise its been getting on social media for the impressive graphics, there has been way too little coverage on the ganes serious pop-in issues. Its as worse as its ever been and it really takes away from the otherwise stunning presentation in a significant way. As I said in another thread, best console graphics should go to TLOU Pt. 1 or RC Rift Apart.

I'm still drooling over the new cauldron environment though🤤 So good!

y3JHBxz.jpg

Elc7yyX.jpg

begotten

HFW is a graphical and technical showpiece. There's so much more going on in that game in real-time (then you have the combat on top) compared to the others and it still looks and runs better than the rest.

I don't see anything we've seen announced yet beating it. Spider-Man no chance, Hellblade and even Factions I don't see either.

Last edited:

geary

This is like the 3rd topic on top graphics we got the last days. What happend in the gaming community to sparke this question? Ohh…yeah…a DLC was released this week and people need validation. Its clear for everyone HFW and CP77 are the beat looking games right, while ER and RDR2 are has the best art design.

I actually just started playing horizon forbidden west and fucking hell, It looks ridiculously good. It looks like a PS5 only game even though it was cross gen. For xbox, it's forza horizon 5.

Solidus_T

Elden Ring is an amazing game but it does not belong on this list of contenders for graphics.
I would have to say that Demon's Souls 2020 is the best looking game on consoles right now, with Horizon Forbidden West coming in a close second. I am slightly biased since I didn't see Horizon Forbidden West for as long as I played Demon's Souls.

Last edited:

Kataploom

Gold Member
I think R&C is the best looking and most current gen game to date, some say weird things like HFW or GOWR, or even TLOU PI but that's because they like realistic stuff more... Can't see how R&C isn't, it's just clearly superior in every aspect technically.

Edit: Oh, and forgot the literal first released current gen game, Flight Simulator... Also A Plague Tales Requiem look just so absurd at times, IMO even better than Horizon... I hate Horizon lighting, it's like it's always on a perfectly lit magazine photoshoot, eww...

Last edited:

begotten

Elden Ring. Art style is WAY greater and more immersive than anything else from a graphical standpoint m.

m318hoE.png

Lol Dark Souls 3 is 6 years older than Elden Ring and looks just as good if not better because of it's tone (which I prefer)

FromSoft hit their cap long before ER and Bluepoints' Demons Souls dumpsters both games.

Interested in seeing a true next-gen title from FS, however.

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
Flight Simulator (if you call this a game)

samuel-l-jackson-shocked.gif

Thats how you want to start the thread?
Voting for it just out of spite.

Matrix Awakens first section......still blows my mind, my none gamer friends couldnt believe thats how far game graphics have gotten......hell I work with offline renderers and even I was like yo for real?
Forbidden West Burning Shores.....spectacular graphically.
Dude the name has "SIMULATOR" in the name. Can be argued it's not a full game

aries_71

Flight Simulator is a game. The player interacts with it. What's with all this elitist bullshit about it being "a game" or not every time it is mentioned on these boards?
It’s ironic that in flight simulation enthusiast circles, many have always considered MS FS really a game and not a serious professional level simulation.

m318hoE.png

Lol Dark Souls 3 is 6 years older than Elden Ring and looks just as good if not better because of it's tone (which I prefer)

FromSoft hit their cap long before ER and Bluepoints' Demons Souls dumpsters both games.

Interested in seeing a true next-gen title from FS, however.
You picked the most generic shot from the game. You could have used something like the Siofra River, which was beautiful. Whatever though, just my opinion.

Define ”graphics.” If we are talking about a combination of artistic and technical prowess in every area from texture and shader work to animation and vfx, then it’s pretty much ridiculous to put anything above God of War Ragnarök.

Kilau

Gold Member
I’d pick Flight Sim if PC but it doesn’t look that great on XSX, still good but things can fall apart visually. So probably Ratchet from that list since it’s current gen only.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
My first thought when I saw this poll.

Anyway, my choice is the game that gives you the entire planet as your game world, can take you thru thru the eye of a hurricane in real-time and as mrmustard mrmustard looks so good and realistic OP can't tell if it's a game or not.

That and chasing realtime actual weather patterns, so if you hear theres a storm happening......boot up Flight Sim get a storm chaser class plane and go get a front row seat.

495b0c674b1bce9a222e07604285990e54416a51.gif

ed715c53d30bb33feabbce7d01af4b2308e55b5d.gif

d2277baa-fc02-4c7d-8d3b-7d00fa9789a0.gif

Top Bottom