• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is the best game you didn't finish?

Dream-Knife

Banned
Perfect Dark on N64. Game has been way too hard for me to finish on Perfect Agent for 20 years. Maybe since I've recently gone to the 1.2 control scheme I might be able to beat it now.

Far Cry 3 because my save got corrupted and I never went back. I did buy it on PS4 a few months ago when it was $3, I'll probably run through it sometime this year. Awesome game.

Among others :
- gtaV : meh
- mgs5 : double meh
- the Witcher 3 : so long...
- assassin's creed odyssey : so so long...
- nex machina : so hard....

Juza

GTA 5 back in 2013

I remember getting to a point where there were no missions popping up, nothing on the map, nothing at all, I was just wandering around. there was no way to progress in the game, a bug perhaps? got bored, quit the game and haven't touched it since.

Although I bought it on PC when it came out, unfortunately haven't played it yet. :messenger_downcast_sweat:

Wind Waker.

I have my Gamecube and the game and I'm like halfway through but I stopped playing a year and a half ago and completely forgot where i was and feel like I can't start back up without restarting the entire thing and I don't want to do it right this moment.

Eh.

Last edited:

GodofWhimsy

Too many. I struggle to finish songs longer than 2 minutes.

To answer the question though, the best game I never finished would be Persona 4.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Skyrim. I enjoy just exploring and doing random side quests. Looking at my progress compared to the mandatory quests needed, I'm actually around 50% done.

LectureMaster

Gold Member
Just saw the thread, just want to say that OP you were definitely not seeing everything from Nioh if not finishing it. The NG+ experience is very different.

Back on topic, for me it's MGSV and death stranding... Sorry Kojima ..

rapid32.5

GTAV, RDR 2, Dark Souls 3, MGSV.

I was a huge R* fan 10 years ago, nowadays I'm not interested in such games.

Last edited:

Banned
2626111-volgarrtheviking_image001.png

because it's so fucking hard and unforgiving! But I love it!

Uncharted 3 is the only Uncharted I never finished.
I was near the end after the plane crashes and your trudging through the desert sand storm. You come across a bunch of buildings and my least favorite game play mechanic in that game starts up again and I just said F this and watched a lets play. If I still have my save I could probly go back and finish it.
Uncharted 3 had this IMHO not fun mechanic where the levels were really wide shooting galleries and the enemy would flank you if you didn't pick them off first. It would happen over and over again in each new area.
Trudging through the sand storm only to have to do yet another shooting gallery just made me quit.

MrA

Banned
xenoblade and xenoblade 2, and if they make a xenoblade 3 I probably won't finish that either, I got like 40 hours of fun out of each one, so thank you it's been great, but I'll move on to something else (much like the souls games I find just exploring the world as good as actually beating the game).

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
2626111-volgarrtheviking_image001.png

because it's so fucking hard and unforgiving! But I love it!
I didn't play it much. It has such an old school way of moving (like an 80s arcade game) that is really finnicky I gave up.

But watching experts at the game it's actually easy once you get the hang of doing jumping attacks aiming down.

Last edited:

mxbison

Valkyria Chronicles
Loved the game up until this insanely hard mission in the desert. I couldn't beat it so I stopped. Might try again some day since it's on Steam now.

Nier Automata

Did the first route and about an hour of the second, I do want to see where it goes but I also have so many other, new games to play. Also the invisible walls in that game are really annoying.

Majority of Rockstar Games

I'm always really impressed in the first few hours but then lose interest like halfway through.

Xenon

Dark Souls II, I had the edition with all the DLC and got bored in one of them. I couldn't remember how to get back to the main game. So I just stopped playing.

Duchess

Rogue Galaxy. I got to what I thought was the end, and then the game kept going. I decided I'd played enough by that point and was happy to leave it.

Fitzchiv

Nier Automata - completed whatever the first play through was and have absolutely no inclination to sink any more time into it for the others. It's just not that good a game.

The only Final Fanrasy I ever finished was 1. Yet I own every major instalment.

Other great games are some Zeldas (MM, SS, WW), and a lot of other Goat games like Witcher 3, RDR2 etc.

MadPanda

Banned
The Witcher 1.

I was so gripped by its atmosphere and world, I enjoyed exploring the outskirts of Vizima and hearing that witcher's voice, but I lost my save and I just don't like having to play through everything just to get to that point where I was so I dropped it. Finished 2 and 3 later on. I wish we get a remake of the first one.

Hestar69

Wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too many.

Xenogears
Breath of fire 4
Xenosaga 1-3
Persona 3/4
Witcher 3
Skyrim
RDR 2
Dark souls 2/3
FF6
Chrono trigger
Earthbound
God of war 1-4

So many ps 1/2 JRPGS that I need to play aswell

I don't know what it is I really enjoy a game but stop suddenly.

Last edited:

Haggard

Banned
Persona 5.
I stopped ~2-3 hours before the final boss because every single fight in the final dungeon dragged on endlessly. Amazing ~60+ hours game nonetheless.

xShaun

If by best, it means due to Metacritic score - The last of us 2.

As soon as it got to a certain point I deleted it. I downloaded it again to play a bit more at a later date but just hated the game so it was deleted for good and I never want to play it again or even imagine a TLOU3 as it killed the first game and the franchise in gender for me.

Diddy X

Hollow Knight comes to mind, I don't have much patience with games once it starts feeling a little repetitive I just start something else even if it seemed brilliant at the begining, I will finish it someday tho.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Ghost of Tsushima. Don’t hate me. Played about 20 hours then got distracted. I will someday.
Same boat, just got done with Vahalla before starting it and I couldn’t get into another open world. Hopefully I go back to it.

nbkicker

Way way to many to list 80% of my game history i prob not fully finished, plus since im now a older gamer tend to find i dont get as much time to game as i did in my teens, plus i tend to start a game then get distracted and never go back, or if i leave it to long forget all the controls, so normally if there is a game i really like i give myself a week of none stop playing then i no ill finish it, games like uncharted, arkham series, spiderman etc i just played 4-5hrs every night till completed everything

Top Bottom