• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is the best Call of Duty?

What is your favorite Call of Duty game?

• Call of Duty

Votes: 14 5.0%
  • Call of Duty 2

Votes: 32 11.5%
  • Call of Duty 3

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Votes: 103 36.9%
  • Call of Duty: World at War

Votes: 13 4.7%
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Votes: 50 17.9%
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops

Votes: 40 14.3%
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Votes: 22 7.9%
  • Call of Duty: Ghosts

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops III

Votes: 10 3.6%
  • Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare

Votes: 16 5.7%
  • Call of Duty: WWII

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops 4

• Call of Duty: Modern Warfare

Votes: 39 14.0%
  • Call of Duty: Warzone

Votes: 10 3.6%
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War

• Total voters

Bragr

Banned
You have 2 votes.

One of the biggest gaming franchises in history that have dominated the FPS genre ever since Modern Warfare blew up and became a multiplayer staple. Love it or hate it, it's an essential part of the modern gaming landscape and it likely will be for a very long time.

2003 - Call of Duty
2005 - Call of Duty 2
2006 - Call of Duty 3
2007 - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
2008 - Call of Duty: World at War
2009 - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
2010 - Call of Duty: Black Ops
2011 - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
2012 - Call of Duty: Black Ops II
2013 - Call of Duty: Ghosts
2014 - Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
2015 - Call of Duty: Black Ops III
2016 - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
2017 - Call of Duty: WW2
2018 - Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
2019 - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
2020 - Call of Duty: Warzone
2020 - Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War

3da9c731754edc1bcaecc46296cfd6df.jpg

PnRdHep.gif

298afe12f01274b6517558dbb22c7c28_w200.gif

9f5d2bac932444c50efe06f9d366e75e.gif

You have 2 votes.

One of the biggest gaming franchises in history that have dominated the FPS genre ever since Modern Warfare blew up and became a multiplayer staple. Love it or hate it, it's an essential part of the modern gaming landscape and it likely will be for a very long time.

2003 - Call of Duty
2005 - Call of Duty 2
2006 - Call of Duty 3
2007 - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
2008 - Call of Duty: World at War
2009 - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
2010 - Call of Duty: Black Ops
2011 - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
2012 - Call of Duty: Black Ops II
2013 - Call of Duty: Ghosts
2014 - Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
2015 - Call of Duty: Black Ops III
2016 - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
2017 - Call of Duty: WW2
2018 - Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
2019 - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
2020 - Call of Duty: Warzone
2020 - Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War

3da9c731754edc1bcaecc46296cfd6df.jpg

PnRdHep.gif

298afe12f01274b6517558dbb22c7c28_w200.gif

9f5d2bac932444c50efe06f9d366e75e.gif

The last gif isnt even cod.

Graciaus

MW2 was the most fun for me but also had the worst balance. If I had to pick another one I'd say Black Ops 1. Didn't really enjoy any of the others as much.

I like Blops story, fav MP is Blops2.
Stopped playing CoD for awhile because of Ghosts was really bad.

Last edited:

Dr.Morris79

I actually enjoyed infinite warfare, so much so I completed it on both consoles, normally I can only stomach a few hours.

The best were the firsts though. The first and Battlefield 1942 were some of the finest pc multiplayer you could get. It turned to absolute shit after 2 for me. Perks, akimbo bollocks urgh.. no thanks.

CoD peaked between 2007-2010 with MW, World At War, MW2, and Black Ops. The best game out of them is definitely CoD4: MW.

Last edited:

IKSTUGA

Infinite Warfare has my favorite campaign. Best multi probably goes to Black Ops IV. It's very different, but I enjoyed it.

VN1X

Banned
Best singleplayer Infinite Warfare. Finished it multiple times and am thinking of going back to it some time soon again. Every aspect of that campaign was executed which such quality and focus. Loved it.

Best multiplayer is, CoD1 (yes the original, it was a crazy good high-level competitive game on PC), Black Ops 3 and Modern Warfare 2.

Check out this toxic gameplay from ya boi veenuxxx:

i havent played any since modern watfare 2 but from what i have played, call of duty 4 was the best one and it looks like most people agree.

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Enjoyed the story of IW and CW the most, but since I only play zombies, and CW is the best zombies has ever been by far, I'm gonna go with CW.

MrS

Banned
2019 MW. MP was next level and Cold War is so fucking bad by comparison. Warzone has been great too. Blops 3 is excellent. Infinite Warfare was great.

Last edited:

Kerotan

Call of duty 4 modern warfare for the time it launched was by far the best.

Followed by modern warfare 2. After that probably black ops 1 and then mw3.

The recent modern warfare is right up there thanks to warzone.

After cod4 the best campaign was infinite warfare.

Vagswarm

It used to be Modern Warfare (4), but after playing Modern Warfare 2 Remastered, I think that one is better.

Multiplayer would be Block Ops. Had so much fun with Zombies.

Excess

I feel like BO2 was "peak" COD in terms of the scene and community. Initially, the original BO and MW2 were the versions that were streamed on Justin.tv. And then once it became Twitch, MW3, which was a dud in comparison to BO2, things took off. Once BO2 dropped, the sniping scene, YouTube content, Twitter followings, and Esports all blew up. Out went the "pub stompers," and in came Nadeshot and the pros.

Last edited:
MW 2019 has the best gunplay of them all and feels so good to play. Sucks that most the MP maps were terrible were I only wanted to either play shoot house or blow off steam on shipment.

Cold War was so lacking and just dropped off playing it in season 2.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Modern Warfare was insane. Going from what the previous COD game was, to that, was just such a huge step. Then came all the easy cash-ins after that. Though some of those were really good too.

I personally really enjoyed WaW, BlOps, and BlOps 2 as well. MW2 I played a bit of as well, but not nearly as much as the original MW or the other games I mentioned.

The answer is pretty simple. Out of the real Call of Duty games (1-5) it's either World at War or the original Modern Warfare. And out of all the other ones it's Infinite Warfare hands down, strictly because of the campaign.

twilo99

The 2019 one is by far the best from a technical stand point and it plays quite well as well. The team who wrote that engine was obviously very, very talented.

Top Bottom