• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What if Spider-Man 2 is actually a coop game + revisiting an old leak

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Just imagine, nothing obligatory but you have the option to play the story with a friend.

One is playing Miles, the other Peter.

Anna Kendrick Movie GIF by Pitch Perfect

E-3xzUZVUBIuLTw.jpg

Also I was looking at some older leaks that mentioned Venom, here's what I retain:

According to the leak, Venom will be a big focus in the upcoming title. However, despite an intriguing final sequence in the first game, Harry Osborn will not be Venom this time around.
The leaker reports that Harry will have some ‘Venom like qualities’ but the actual Venom of the series is unrelated to him.

When Peter Parker gets the black Spider-Man suit, it’ll contain a brand-new playstyle too.
In this way, the Symbiote Spider-Man will reportedly be a third playable character besides Peter and Miles.

We already heard that New York would be getting an expansion in Spider-Man PS5 through past leaks. However, we now know how this will be happening in the upcoming title.

If this leak proves correct, Queens is being added to the New York playable area. Since we know that Peter Parker is going to move to Queens, this does make sense with what previous games have told us.

The leaker also suggests that MJ will be taking a backseat in this title, staying in Symkaria for the beginning of the story at least.
The unpopular MJ side missions will also be gone from the sequel, allowing players to enjoy their time as Spider-Man instead.

Source for the leak:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Having lived in queens, fuck queens. Bronx, Brooklyn, long Island are all poor settings. Go to London or some European city.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Are you kidding?

First, Spider-man lives in NYC (friendly neighborhood Spider-man?).
Second, why would they waste all the work done for the first game?
waste? They sold like 20 million copies and then another game with the same map. Time to move on.

Every open world game does a new setting for the sequel. Gta 3, vice city, San Andreas, gtav, infamous, infamous 2, second son, watch dogs. You can't keep reusing assets...

That was one of the main things I speculated personally as a possibility. Why? Because the Arkham Asylum gameplay setup still has never been meaningfully advanced.

Batman did the same thing, and we're getting Gotham Knights, and we had some other playable characters.

Insomniac was hiring some multiplayer staff as well I thought.

Aion002

season 6 no GIF

On the main campaign, unless there are multiple characters like Marvel Ultimate Alliance, I don't think that it would be fun.

Coop games are fun when there's enough customization between the characters, each one filling roles, stuff to unlock, grind, world levels, gears, cosmetics, live services... Yeah... Having coop just "because", reminds me of games like Knack 2, tacked on stuff is never good.

That would be bad... Probably. Also, it goes against the cinematic experience that the first one aimed.

Now a special mode with challenges and missions for coop? Well, that could be interesting.

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Have to wonder if the PS4/PS5 exclusives of Spider-Man do anything special, or it's just hyped up for it being a exclusive title.
It's overhyped imo, but still an enjoyable game. Gameplay is good, but swinging is a bit frustrating as if you get too close of the ground, the game become very (very) permissive and take away any sense of "damn that was close" that is present in Spider-Man 2 from 2004.
Story is............ meh. The missions with MJ are horrible, and the game really take off once you close to finish the main story, with a lots of boss fights and interesting sequences. And then it's the end.

I really think people are blinded by good graphics, which is ironic by the way. But that's just my opinion, I'm sure a lot of players legitimately liked it.

Last edited:

A.Romero

waste? They sold like 20 million copies and then another game with the same map. Time to move on.

Every open world game does a new setting for the sequel. Gta 3, vice city, San Andreas, gtav, infamous, infamous 2, second son, watch dogs. You can't keep reusing assets...

Not every game. Take Yakuza for example: More than 7 games and counting.

Spider-man belongs in NYC. That's part of the character and it's a character driven game which is licensed unlike the ones you listed.

Larxia

Spider-Man 2, you say? Nah, I've played it. I'm pretty sure it's single player only.

S8YOaoa.jpg
You made me realize that this is going to be super annoying, not being able to refer to this as just Spider-Man 2 anymore, both will keep getting mixed up.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Didn't Insomniac just post job listings for a "big multiplayer game". I assumed it was multiplayer only but Spider Man 2 coop would also fit that description.

I would be pleseantly surprised/shocked. For whatever reason, Sony refuses to make games for ppl who have friends. Every exclusive they have is a third person, cinematic, single player action adventure game. It's just too predictable at this point. I miss Resistance, Twisted Metal and Killzone with FRIENDS.

j0hnnix

DLC should be in Florida, take that you swinging little shit.

I don't know how I feel about co-op as long as it's AI I'm not going to try to teach my gf how to play a game. Cool concept tho.

Kuranghi

Nah, I was thinking this but at best its going to be an evolution of how it is in Arkham Knight where you can direct the other character to do a coop takedown with you. So maybe you can direct them a bit more than in AK.

Duchess

I imagine it'll be like Mile Morales where you battle alongside Miles or Pete, depending on the situation. MM had some team up attacks that you could trigger.

hyperbertha

It its coop that's an insta-no buy. Coop games are always cheaply designed in terms of gameplay and the single player always suffers.

reksveks

We’re so thrilled to continue the journey of both Peter Parker and Miles Morales in their most epic single-player adventure yet, coming exclusively to PlayStation 5 consoles in 2023.

From the blog so just think you will switch between the spideys

Urban

Just imagine, nothing obligatory but you have the option to play the story with a friend.

One is playing Miles, the other Peter.

Anna Kendrick Movie GIF by Pitch Perfect

E-3xzUZVUBIuLTw.jpg

Also I was looking at some older leaks that mentioned Venom, here's what I retain:

According to the leak, Venom will be a big focus in the upcoming title. However, despite an intriguing final sequence in the first game, Harry Osborn will not be Venom this time around.
The leaker reports that Harry will have some ‘Venom like qualities’ but the actual Venom of the series is unrelated to him.

When Peter Parker gets the black Spider-Man suit, it’ll contain a brand-new playstyle too.
In this way, the Symbiote Spider-Man will reportedly be a third playable character besides Peter and Miles.

We already heard that New York would be getting an expansion in Spider-Man PS5 through past leaks. However, we now know how this will be happening in the upcoming title.

If this leak proves correct, Queens is being added to the New York playable area. Since we know that Peter Parker is going to move to Queens, this does make sense with what previous games have told us.

The leaker also suggests that MJ will be taking a backseat in this title, staying in Symkaria for the beginning of the story at least.
The unpopular MJ side missions will also be gone from the sequel, allowing players to enjoy their time as Spider-Man instead.

Source for the leak:
But the blog post clearly says singleplayer ?

Yoboman

Having lived in queens, fuck queens. Bronx, Brooklyn, long Island are all poor settings. Go to London or some European city.
There's plenty they can do with New York and there are few other cities in the world - maybe none that really offer the vertical play ground that Spiderman needs

They need to spend time really bringing it to life though.

Go full emergent RDR/GTA and fill the city with things to do, emergent gameplay moments. Make it so if I walk down an alley I might stumble across a mugging that isn't a scripted side mission. Give more freedom to be Peter Parker. If I want to be Peter Parker and ride around on a bicycle delivering Pizzas then let me.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Ooooooh would you look at this!!

Fast And Furious Agent GIF by The Fast Saga

FaDUrcMWYAAk2tw
FaDUshjWYAQwcwl

FaDY34FXwAErqMS

"characters/multiplayer/mp_spiderman_milesmorales/mp_spiderman_milesmorales.model"

Found in the .exe of Spider-Man Remastered PC.

Last edited:
Top Bottom