• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What if... Sony creates an exclusive for Xbox and MS does that for PS5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo_GAF

Banned
i was just wondering...

capcom, sega and other companies have done this quite a few times... bringing one game series finally to another platform. i know this sounds still like something absolutely impossible... but what if... sony creates an exclusive game for xbox series x and microsoft creates one exclusive game for ps5.

this is something 90s like: sonic on a nintendo console. absolute insane and impossible to imagine.

how possible would this be?
i mean cross-platform was absolute insane at the beginning of the last generation, now it has become normal, yet not a standard in all games.

kyliethicc

vkVVxp6.jpg

Don't forget that in the PS1 era Sony did port a number of PS1 games to the Sega Saturn.
Wipe out was one that I remember. It wasn't as good as the PS version, as it had issues with transparency effects.

CamHostage

I mean, Microsoft HAS done that for Nintendo in the past, technically...

Sabre Wulf, It's Mr. Pants, Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge, Banjo Pilot, and the DKC conversions (not exclusives though) were all done by Rare while the studio was (and is still) fully owned by Microsoft. The games came over through THQ (who had a contract to sublicense MS brands on other platforms,) but it was a Microsoft studio who made them all.

And then on the DS, Rare went straight through Nintendo itself and released Diddy Kong Racing DS! They also went through THQ again for Viva Piñata: Pocket Paradise. Six years after acquisition, a Microsoft studio was still making exclusives for not-Xbox.

(*Microsoft also did make some Game Boy Color games, but those were PC casual game ports, and also that was more or less before Xbox.)
(*And side-note, it probably never would have gotten through Bungie's strict gate, but the MS/THQ deal is also most likely how the Halo DS project came about. In that case, though, that's also not Microsoft doing that for its rival.)

Last edited:

Mattyp

Gold Member
But Xbox can't really create good games or I'm yet to wait for one. I'd op in for a original developers fable tho

Sony should make em a game from insomniac give em wolverine Xbox been wanting a exclusive marval game for years or make em Deadpool

No capeshit soyboy titles thanks.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
i was just wondering...

capcom, sega and other companies have done this quite a few times... bringing one game series finally to another platform. i know this sounds still like something absolutely impossible... but what if... sony creates an exclusive game for xbox series x and microsoft creates one exclusive game for ps5.

this is something 90s like: sonic on a nintendo console. absolute insane and impossible to imagine.

how possible would this be?
i mean cross-platform was absolute insane at the beginning of the last generation, now it has become normal, yet not a standard in all games.
Miyamoto Laughs
This is in reference to Iwata asks where a lot of the translations read as something as Miyamoto Laughs or Iwata Laughs.

Not trying to console war. It’s bad manners to speak ill of the dead in this case the SEGA home console division

Pouring Austin Powers GIF

But when Mario and Sonic arrived on the Wii. I didn’t buy it but thought back to 90’s me and how insane I would have found it.

For anyone too young this is like if Picard suddenly appeared in Star Wars or Han Solo was in Star Trek.

Still not getting if Vince McMahon appeared in AEW as himself.

Or this

shane mcmahon wrestling GIF by WWE

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
I mean, Microsoft HAS done that for Nintendo in the past, technically...

Sabre Wulf, It's Mr. Pants, Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge, Banjo Pilot, and the DKC conversions (not exclusives though) were all done by Rare while the studio was (and is still) fully owned by Microsoft. The games came over through THQ (who had a contract to sublicense MS brands on other platforms,) but it was a Microsoft studio who made them all.

And then on the DS, Rare went straight through Nintendo itself and released Diddy Kong Racing DS! They also went through THQ again for Viva Piñata: Pocket Paradise. Six years after acquisition, a Microsoft studio was still making exclusives for not-Xbox.

(*Microsoft also did make some Game Boy Color games, but those were PC casual game ports, and also that was more or less before Xbox.)
(*And side-note, it probably never would have gotten through Bungie's strict gate, but the MS/THQ deal is also most likely how the Halo DS project came about. In that case, though, that's also not Microsoft doing that for its rival.)

They also did Blue Dragon for the DS too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom