• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What if gaming stays Forever, how would you feel about it?

As in the same form like in this modern style concept - screen, controller. I mean, God can, but would you want it even after the world ends?

ssringo

rick james cocaine GIF

00_Zer0

Kabelly

Let's hope the new controller from the leaks happen this year then. I am a Switch and PC gamer, but love the feel of XBox controllers so much more than Sony and Nintendo's. This new controller will have gyro built in.

My only problem with this is we're already a few years into the generation. Not everyone will adopt this controller. It should have came in the box from the beginning. They had more than enough time before the launch of the Series to think about it. PS4 and the Wii U already had it long before, and Splatoon really showed the benenfit of it.

I am glad that some devs are ignoring parity though and adding it for games on PS5. Apparently that new game The Finals is going to add it soon. COD and Fortnite have it. It's really a shame Microsoft held back.

SHA

Like Jill Valentine surviving world extinction from z virus, how, explain?
As I see it, we actually attached to video games characters, these characters attachments will fade away before we decide to stop playing video games, other scenario would be games will keep on changing till they become irrelevant to us, can't think of other reasons tbh.

Mr.Phoenix

I think threads like these are representative of an inherent flaw with gaming and gamers. With games, gamers are literally always looking for or waiting for the next big thing. We build up hype leading onto this new thing/game we play, then we finish it, and are instantly on about what the next thing to get hyped for is.

Its why I believe, that even with gaming in general, the status quo is never enough and we are always looking for the next thing.

To answer your question though, the answer is yes. The current format of gaming, control interface, and screen, has been here for over 4 decades now. When something else comes along, it would be a different thing not even necessarily a new thing), not a replacement of what we currently have. Just different. Eg. VR.

Top Bottom