• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What games do you wish you enjoyed? But sadly don't

Rayderism

Wish I enjoyed FPS games, because there's lots of them, but I don't.

Wish I enjoyed anime style games, because there are lots of them, but I don't.

Wish I enjoyed sim racers, because they seem to have forgotten how to make fun arcade racers, but sim racers bore me.

I wish i enjoyed The Legend of Zelda series and the Metroid series, but i don't at all, for a multitude of reasons i'm to lazy to write about. Suffice to say, they're not for me.

Mr Hyde

Assassin's Creed

I've tried with three entries in the franchise. Black Flag, Odyssey and Valhalla. My main gripe is the bloat and repetitive copy paste approach to environments and locations. It has some good qualities, no doubt, put many hours into them, but I can't seem to finish them before I get bored.

First person shooters

I have a difficult time getting into these. I don't like the competitive nature of video games so I tend to dislike games like CoD and such but even when it's single player I just don't gel with these shooters. They bore me to tears. I think it's the generic war setting that push me away. The only FPS I can think of right now that I liked was Bulletstorm, the one with Duke Nukem in it, that game was very good. And hilarious to boot.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Thps remastered couldn’t keep my attention I didn’t anticipate the challenges later in the game being that difficult.

tibia

Neo Member
Open world games: The Witcher 3, Skyrim, BotW.

Just dont understand how it's fun to burn so much time traveling and doing chores inside a game. I cant even do it for God of war 2018. Shadow of the colossus is traveling but the journey is concise and clear.

Bonus rant: Rogue-like games or whatever theyre called are just stupid so i dont wish i could enjoy them. Tried Hades and just cant stop smh. Lazy Developers lacking creativity trying to make you redo / rerun mazes and trying to call it a genre.

Lasha

Mario Kart. I am a serious racing game fan. The items and randomness bug me too much for me to have fun. Kart racing really needs it own sims which capture the sports unique aspects.

april6e

Portal series and any fighting game. I get zero stimulation from completing puzzles. It's the same to my brain as doing homework. So I never finished Portal 1 or tried Portal 2 despite the fact that they are truly amazing games.

Despite being a casual gamer, I've beaten many games that are on the harder side like the Souls series and such. But I cannot, for my life, perform moves in a fighting game or even move my character properly. I have tried dozens of fighters and put in dozens of hours of practice and nothing helps. It's like trying to teach a dog Japanese. I am incapable of playing fighting games, despite 25+ years of gaming in other genres.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Off the top of my head.

Games made by Sony Santa Monica, Naughty Dog, Rockstar.

I totally recognize that their games are really impressive but they just don't gel with me at all.

Bioshock and stuff like that too. I just have weird taste when it comes to games that engage me.

Last edited:

GeekyDad

All JRPGs.
I wish i enjoyed The Legend of Zelda series and the Metroid series, but i don't at all, for a multitude of reasons i'm to lazy to write about. Suffice to say, they're not for me.

Easy... would be souls games love the art direction and atmosphere but cant do the stamina bars.

Mario Kart. I am a serious racing game fan. The items and randomness bug me too much for me to have fun. Kart racing really needs it own sims which capture the sports unique aspects.

New Amsterdam Hospital GIF by NBC

We need four rounds of hugs, stat!

KiteGr

20200731144830_pathfinder_kingmaker_definitive_edition_ps4.jpeg

Pathfinder: Kingmaker.
An RPG where at some point you become king and it changes into a country management simulator sounds like a wet dream. I've bought it twice, one on PS4 and one on Steam, thinking that the it was the console controls and mentality that stopped me from sitting through all those stats.
The game is a tabletop D&D Rpg all the way to it's rules, describing everything in "throws" and "with invisible multi-headed dices" instead of giving you a proper percentage. I really wanted to like this one. Perhaps if it showed the dices being thrown and their percentages instead of saying "saving throw +3 2d16" and having me figure out what went wrong and why nothing works, I would have better understood the system until the point I would be experienced enough to turn these visuals off.

T-Cake

Couldn't get more than 1 hour in with Ghost of Tsushima. Didn't like the setting nor the sword gameplay at all. I do feel sad because everybody else thinks it's one of PS Studios greatest games.

A few.

Driveclub : Motorstorm was so much better. Not exactly the same genre but racing still.

GoW 2018 : what a let down compared to GoW3 which was a masterpiece. Everything was turned down and so consensual: bosses, violence, enemy diversity (and no sex minigame : lol).

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Outer Wilds. It looked SO much like my type of game, and I still think it is, but I just didn't have much fun when trying it through PS++. But a big part of that was definitely the awful performance on PS5 (30fps with MASSIVE input lag). Shame there's no PS5 update for it.

Orta

Banned
Kena. Eyes popped out of my head when I first saw it. Absolutely beautiful looking game, looked like Tomb Raider in a lush cartoon world with an instantly likeable character too. I was absolutely going to buy a PS5 just for it until I saw it was coming to PC too. Got it on launch for my PC and found it to be one of the most soulless, sterile, predictable and shallow action platformers I've ever played. Deleted my game half way through and started again but gave up after an hour or so. Went back to it a few days ago, from scratch, and I think even less of it. Its an absolute nothing game, a PS2 era title in a fancy outfit.

A real shame but bloody lucky I didn't buy a PS5 for it!

Last edited:
Top Bottom