• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game remake would you like to see in the future?

Topher

Gold Member
Also

Zork....
Zork-Screenshot.jpg

Time to remaster that font. Give me Helvetica in 4K.

Saber

Gold Member
Galerians
Space Station Sillicon Valley
Mickey Mania
Adventures of Batman and Robin(Mega-Drive)
Skies of Arcadia
Shinning Force series

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

EA recently announced that its beloved horror game, Dead Space, would be getting its very own remake, which seems like a good idea after Capcom’s success with its Resident Evil 2 Remake. We've also seen other fantastic games like Crash Bandicoot and Spyro see their own graphical overhauls with well crafted remasters.

Whether it be a top-to-bottom re-imagining, like the Final Fantasy VII Remake, or something that simply updates the graphics and controls - many classics deserve this treatment so they can find a new passionate audience. These are Dave's top picks for games that deserve a remake or remaster.

Timestamps
00:00 Introduction
01:47 King's Field
03:15 Mario 64
04:36 Chrono Cross
06:10 Final Fantasy VI
06:50 Metal Gear Solid
08:09 Mega Man Legends
08:37 Silent Hill
10:13 Jet Set Radio
11:05 Power Stone
11:57 Jet Moto

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
I wanna see Sly 1-4, Ratchet 1-Deadlocked, Jak 1-3, and others to be given the Crash/Spyro/Medieval style remake where they're the same game but more than a remaster. Like Rift Apart level graphics for those ps2 classics would be awesome

Derktron

Banned
For me I would have to say a remastered of Crysis 3, a new Crysis game and one of the most games I want and still waiting on is a remake of The Legend of Dragoon, or a sequel to the game. I’ve been waiting for more then 15 years and I’ll continue to wait. The game has a special place in my heart. I wish Sony would do either or.

Last edited:

Duchess

220px-Parasite_Eve_Coverart.png

As a European, at this point I know I'll just have to play it on an emulator.

(Edit: Fuck, I'm in the UK, so we're not European any more)

Last edited:

GMAK2442

So do we finish this Dune 1 story of DOS? Than we need to hold and harvest the damn spice. Without forgetting our allies and make vegetation on Dune.

Remember, it's a game.

Voted.

Last edited:
I would love to see Half Life remade, infused with social justice politics and Gordon Freeman replaced by a preachy broad just to watch people turn on that fat fuck Gabe.

SCB3

The Witcher - the first game is a mess, I'd love a remake of it

Metal Gear 1 and 2 - MGSV kinda hinted on where MGS was going and remaking the first 2 games makes sense

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Dino Crisis, always is and will always be.

Also: All the rumors made me warm up to a Remake of Metal Gear Solid (although I still would prefer MG1+2) and Silent Hill.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Give REmake the REmake 2 treatment.

I love REmake but it'd be cool to see RE1 re-imagined in that way.

Also the Zelda Oracle games remade into one package for Switch.

SJRB

Gold Member

Man what I wouldn't give for a legit good Berserk game. Band of the Hawk is pretty okay but gets tedious fast and becomes a chore to play before the Eclipse even happens.

Maybe since Miura's passing and the huge spike in popularity some dev will try and give it a shot.

Imagine a Witcher 3 style game only in the Berserk universe. Hnnnngggggggggggggg

Last edited:
Man what I wouldn't give for a legit good Berserk game. Band of the Hawk is pretty okay but gets tedious fast and becomes a chore to play before the Eclipse even happens.

Maybe since Miura's passing and the huge spike in popularity some dev will try and give it a shot.

Imagine a Witcher 3 style game only in the Berserk universe. Hnnnngggggggggggggg
I think the eclipse still lay ahead, though it has a more benign name and perhaps it won't be as bad in this real life role playing game
it's called the singularity

catvonpee

I'd like a Link to the Past or one of the NES Zelda games remade like they did to Link's Awakening.

I'd also love a Fallout 3 remake with Starfield engine graphics.

love a lot of the suggestions here too. Max Payne, Shining Force, MGS, Def Jam FFNY (I'd just love another AKI wrestling game TBH).

Edit: how could I forget Super Mario RPG? I don't like Paper Mario

Last edited:
Hot take:

Only games from the PS1/N64 gen are worth remaking as that gen was the first attempt at 3D and things were still being figured out. The graphics and game mechanics aged the worse from that era for obvious reasons.

Games from the PS2/GC/Xbox era and onward are for the most part perfectly playable and good looking enough to not need anything more than a remaster.

I already got my RE2 remake so I’m good tbh

Last edited:

Mister Wolf

This game deserves to be remade the most because it is written by Miura himself and not a simple retread of the Manga's material, something that could never be covered properly with a single game.

Last edited:

nbkicker

Time splitters 2 , but cant see that and even though they are bringing out a new timesplitters ive got a feeling it will fail cause the humour that made the first three games great, youd just end up with the developers keeping the sjw woke crowd happy and it would be another ‘what was ok back then cant be part of how we go forward as we cant upset anyone’

Majukun

alpha protocol
2020-01-12_5e1a6ef692d5d_ObalDVD-EN-950x642.jpg

...base idea and some of the mechanics in it were genuinely impressive, but the game was too buggy, forcing you to dance around the issues instead of enjoying the rpg aspects

Time splitters 2 , but cant see that and even though they are bringing out a new timesplitters ive got a feeling it will fail cause the humour that made the first three games great, youd just end up with the developers keeping the sjw woke crowd happy and it would be another ‘what was ok back then cant be part of how we go forward as we cant upset anyone’
only played TS 2 but can't say i remember much edgy or crass humor in it

Last edited:

Kuranghi

I just hope Dead Space 1 remake is amazing and well received/sells well so they do as good if not an even better job on the 2nd one, because thats my favourite. I mean look at/listen to this:

Don't watch that if you haven't played the game yet, just play it.

I can deal with them changing the colour tone from blue/green to orange in the remakes (*Ghost in the Shell 2.0 flashbacks*) but hope they don't fuck anything else up. I feel like DS1 remake is far enough away that we can shout at them til they go back to the old colour grading though, so there is still hope.

Top Bottom