• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Game/Genre would you like PlayStation Studios to tackle?

What Industry defining/leading games should PlayStation Studios tackle and which studio should do it

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think Sucker Punch really hit their stride with Ghost of Tsushima which many feel is an Assassin's Creed-clone. I was never really a fan of the inFamous games and felt like they just weren't quite right (I know some people loved them though) and Insomniac really hit a new level by making their own Arkham-style superhero game in Marvel's Spider-Man.

Many of us also loved when they tried to make their own Final Fantasy in The Legend of Dragoon. In many ways, I think they've done a fairly consistent job of improving formulas.

What Industry defining/leading games should PlayStation Studios/Sony Interactive Entertainment tackle and which studio/partner studio should do it?

Personally, I'd love to see a western, built around The Last of Us P2 gameplay from Naughty Dog.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
MMORPG.
an MMO with the quality and production values of Playstation's studios would do gangbusters,.. you'd probably have to pay 60 dollars a month to keep the servers running, though :messenger_tongue:

WRPG...Naughty dog is the best in the industry on a technical level...if they bought in some of the old DnD guard and not want to be film makers they could make some insane games. I'd love to see them make a Dragon age kind of RPG with a ton of options and great gameplay.

Elbereth

Not quite sure where Warhawk for ps3 fits in terms of genre, but a true sequel (Starhawk doesn’t count) is needed.

This is the perfect opportunity for the franchise that would work well in the current landscape of free to play that Sony is aiming to compete in.

A third person arcade shooter that includes massive battles on land and air in a massive environment.

bitbydeath

Platformer/adventure games, I miss the old Simpson games we used to get, they were a lot of fun.

Edit: Maybe they were more Sandbox oriented.

images

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
Hard to say.

I feel like whatever they would do genre-wise, it would still be an over-produced melodrama geared towards a general audience who likes to binge Netflix series.

REDRZA MWS

Would like to see Sony try their hand at making a Boxing game.

It has been almost 12 years since Fight Night: Champion, the last good Boxing game.

As a Boxing fan, I'm starving over here. :messenger_pensive:
Undisputed is coming and it’s awesome. Played early access on steam. Huge fan of FNC, Undisputed is a true next gem boxing title.

ZehDon

Gold Member
Voted 'Other', as in, I literally do not care what they make, as long as it's something Other than the third person cinematic action-adventure game with open-world RPG elements with a strong focus on cut scenes. Given some room, I'd bet we'd see really new, innovative, and interesting stuff!

RPG like LOD and also a FPS. I feel like the FPS market could use a boost and a surprise hit kind of how GOW was back in the day for Xbox

Warablo

Probably a FPS of some type since they don't have any, a true RPG somewhat like Witcher, and probably spy military game somewhat like MGS.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Voted 'Other', as in, I literally do not care what they make, as long as it's something Other than the third person cinematic action-adventure game with open-world RPG elements with a strong focus on cut scenes. Given some room, I'd bet we'd see really new, innovative, and interesting stuff!
Exactly how I feel.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Jax and Daxter Precursor type game. I never liked the direction the sequels took in level design (one large world) and how ND made the series too gritty.

In a dormant MGS period, they is scope for a Syphon Filter game. I'd love to know what number of PS Premium subscribers have played SF1 & SF2. If anyone wants another Syphon Filter, upgrade to Premium and platinum these 2 bad boys twice to bump up the numbers.

I didn't tick other but having a free to play Super Smash Clone would be massive. Use a small base of characters and have new characters and arenas be released at the same time as a connected big game releases, either first party or marketing partnerships.

driqe

In a perfect world, Naughty Dog poaches Swen Vincke; Naughty Dog's technical expertise paired with his RPG prowess would be incredible.

Aenima

Also, Playstation needs a platformer right now, it hasn't really had a flagship one since like jak and daxter.
And no. Ratchet does not count. That's more shooter than platformer these days.
PS5 comes with an amazing platformer for free. Astro Playroom. They also had Sackboy at release. Any future Astrobot game, if not locked on VR, should be a flagship platformer.

Last edited:

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
PS5 comes with an amazing platformer for free. Astro Playroom. They also had Sackboy at release. Any future Astrobot game, if not locked on BR, should be a flagship platformer.
hmmm, fair enough. i completely forgot about astro and sackboy... I feel like they could do better than that, though. I say add another one just to give Nintendo competition, with a similar budget and production values to most Naughty Dog/Santa Monica games. Would be a hit

The Fartist

Gold Member
Open world Gran Turismo, no dumbed down version like Forza Horizon (which I did enjoy BTW). I want the same GT physics, the same GT learning curve, but open world. Oh, and PS5 and PC only.

kungfuian

My favorite games they've made over the last few years are demon souls remake, returnal, Astobot, and sackboy. Hopefully we continue to see them balance out their portfolio with more high quality platformers, unique sci-fi-themed stuff, and good hardcore action RPG adventure games.

I'd also love to see them partner with Konami to bring back Castlevania.

Last edited:

Robbinhood

Banned
I voted MGS/Syphon filter because that is the best genre and both of those games are the best ever.

Fuck I miss MGS. But I also like the run and gun nature of Syphon Filter. I plat'd SF and soon SF2, even now they are a blast.

Open world Gran Turismo, no dumbed down version like Forza Horizon (which I did enjoy BTW). I want the same GT physics, the same GT learning curve, but open world. Oh, and PS5 and PC only.

Thats actually a great answer. I hate open world "racing" games but a realistic one with GT like physics would be fun. Actually, I would love a GTA style game with GT physics. Instant 10/10.

Something similar to Final Fantasy, Parasite Eve or Legend of Dragoon. Please don’t fill it with bloat.

A high budget action game like DMC, Resident Evil, Nioh, Ninja Gaiden or Sekiro?

I would say a 3D or even a 2D fighting game with a huge budget, but I know those things are generally extremely niche, so I won’t even think about that.

I’m honestly leaning more towards the action titles because I’m getting tired of open world games in general. I can make an exception with an RPG or something like GTA, but I don’t need open world in literally every Sony first party game.

Robbinhood

Banned
Something similar to Final Fantasy, Parasite Eve or Legend of Dragoon. Please don’t fill it with bloat.

A high budget action game like DMC, Resident Evil, Nioh, Ninja Gaiden or Sekiro?

I would say a 3D or even a 2D fighting game with a huge budget, but I know those things are generally extremely niche, so I won’t even think about that.

I’m honestly leaning more towards the action titles because I’m getting tired of open world games in general. I can make an exception with an RPG or something like GTA, but I don’t need open world in literally every Sony first party game.
If you don’t want open world you can try some of Sonys lesser known games like TLOU2, GoW Ragnarok, Gran Turismo 7, Returnal, Ratchet and Clank, sackboy and Demons souls,

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Sounds lovely.

Top Bottom