• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What elements (if any) will Factions II borrow from current multiplayer shooters?

Title

• Extraction (Tarkov)

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Looter Shooter (Destiny)

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Battle Royale (Pubg)

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Survival (DayZ)

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Hero (Overwatch)

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Point Capture (Battlefield)

• Very Few/None

• Total voters

Jinzo Prime

With the next Playstation Showcase announced, I thought it would be fun to see how we think Naughty Dog might turn Factions into a full game on its own before we know for sure!

I believe they will borrow some elements of current shooter sub-genres in order to do so, but what do you guys think?

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
rubbing-hands-little-man-4ta7lh3z40m93u65.gif

ZehDon

Gold Member
I imagine it'll be something close to The Division, with the other "modes" tacked on.

I suspect the real trend chasing will be its monetisation systems. Full price base game, expensive Battle Passes, expensive skins and cosmetics.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I think it's going to be a thing where you have a home base / survivor group you build and manage... kind of a fleshed-out and actually-realized version of the dumb meta game that was tacked on to the first factions.

The actual game will be a mix of co-op and pve, with original pvp mode available and a main focus too.

That's my guess. I think overall you could probably look at something like Chromehounds as the basic blueprint.

Last edited:
Top Bottom