• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What dream games you want too see?

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
i‘m baffled how OP forgot to mention Resident Evil 2 Remake considering for how long people asked for It.

That being said, the only Dream Game l long for left for me after this generation is really a Dino Crisis reboot, although a Silent Hill reboot is slowly getting this status as well. It just hasn‘t been this long. Dino Crisis however... man, I want that for friggin ages.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
Bloodborne 2 but in modern Tokyo.

A great WWE game.

Ratchet and Clank but like the PS2 era ones.

Sly and Jak returns

Gran Turismo but open-world

A Sukeban game made by the Yakuza devs.

A new Midnight club, SSX, and Burnout games.

Ace Combat but in space.

Ghost in the Shell

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
With current gen wrapping up, many dream games/myths actually have happened this generation and the trend seems to continue.

Here are a few examples of the "Myth" games we've seen released this gen

Half Life Alyx (Not HL3, but still Half Life)
FF 7 Remake (Was begged for since PS3 tech demo)

Shenmue III (Shenmue 2 story was unfinished)

The Last Guardian (Thought to be canned)
DOOM (DOOM 3 was a disappointment for many and id took a big nose dive for a long time)

Crash Bandicoot and Spyro Revival + Crash sequel (many thought platformers were dead and would not sell)

Monster Hunter World (True big dick console Monster Hunter game finally happened after all the wussy ass 3DS and Wii shit, despite them being great games you all knew you wanted a true new gen monster hunter)

Here is what I would like too see in this new upcoming era

Bloodborne 2

Soul Reaver

Dark Cloud 3 or Remake or Reboot

Half Life 1 and 2 fully in VR with Half Life Alyx visuals on Source 2 built from the ground up assets with a follow up to Half Life 3

Silent Hill Reboot

Blizzard Entertainment's Battle Royale either a new IP or StarCraft themed.

Diablo 4 (Already happening)

Demon's Souls Remake (Already happening)

Next mainline StarCraft

Banjo Remake or Reboot

Conker Remake or Reboot or Sequel with Chris Seavur

What would you like to see fellas?

Gravity Rush 3 with a collaboration of PLATINUM Games, Japan Studio, Nintendo.

And Gravity Rush remastered and Gravity Rush 2 be part of Nintendo switch as Xbox did with Cuphead and Pc

Ace Combat X Top Gun

Nintendo with a Mature Horror game new IP

Vanillaware with a Mexican Mythology

Sekiro X Ninja Gaiden

Rockband and Guitar hero return.

The last of us part II Another Story... With a alternative situation that you control Joel and he survive of the last event in a PARADOX situation and you search revenge.

The guided fate PARADOX 2.

Yomawari 3.

A new fatal frame of Nintendo switch

Gravity Rush adventures a tv show of anime

Last edited:

Enzo88

- New Dino Crisis
- New Parasite Eve
- New Soul Reaver
- New Chrono
- New Ninja Gaiden under Itagaki
- Xenogears 2 (no, Xenoblade ain`t the same thing)
- New Silent Hill
- New Perfect Dark
- New platformer Banjo
- Half Life 3
- FF 4-5-6 Remake

Last edited:

Karmic Raze

Some games that I want to add to my list:

Metal Gear/Metal Gear Solid
Need for Speed Underground 3
Midnight Club
Crazy Taxi
Splinter Cell
Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks 2
Def Jam: Fight for New York 2
Silent Hill
Judgment 2
Grand Theft Auto 6

Last edited:

Cutty Flam

Banned
1. The Legend of Zelda game that draws inspiration from Ocarina of Time, Majora’s Mask, and maybe a bit from Oracles of Ages, Oracle of Seasons, and The Wind Waker

2. BOTW2 or the sequel to BOTW is my dream game in development now

3. Mario Party game that is online to play with others and communicate via text maybe in-game, both the boards and minigames will be playable online with others. A lot of strategy, less luck than others and somewhat vast maps (80-100+ spaces)

4. Halo: Infinite being incredible like Halo 2 and Halo 3 (favorites)

5. Super Mario RPG: The Legend of the Seven Stars follow up or sequel

6. Banjo-Threeie

7. Paper Mario game that follows closely to the original (favorite game of all time 🤙)

8. Road Rash next-gen racing game

9. A second Super Mario Sunshine inspired Super Mario game

10. One more Resident Evil game with Leon S. Kennedy

Would love a remake of RockStars “The Warriors”. Potential for improvement is massive and could really capture the essence of the classic film now.
giphy.gif

The Matrix by Rocksteady. Preferably having Neo, Trinity etc as playable characters. They could possibly include the challenge room mode from Arkham series too, playing that Neo v many Agent Smiths part from Reloaded or the highway chase.

A X-Men RPG. The Silicon Knights game X-Men Destiny was a huge disappointment. You could have character creation, custom abilities, dialogue choices, Paragon is teaming up with Charles Xavier, Renegade with Magneto.

Star Wars RPG - Basically a Mass Effect type game with dialogue choices, galaxy map, own ship, custom character creation. I know Fallen Order had a little bit of those. Playing as Mandolorian or a pirate Han Solo type.

Halo third person spin off. I like the Halo universe, Chief, Cortana, the music etc. I just don’t like FPS much, prefer third person and rather than suggest bringing in a third person option for the main series , make a spin off instead.

Warhawk PS5 , a remake of the brilliant PS3 game with all improved graphics, frame rate , character customisation, perhaps some destructible environments. I was definitely a 360 guy that generation but damn I got my money’s worth with PS3/Warhawk.

A Next-Gen proper Mass Effect.

No more B-Team
No more woke garbage
No more anything Andromeda - no more goofy, cringe nonsense.

Mass Effect brought back to what made it great. Amazing characters that I actually care about, and want to talk to, when I get back to my ship after an exciting mission.

Dark, serious and sexy - These are the pillars that made Mass Effect great. The exact opposite of Andromeda.

Paltheos

Hm... sometimes I've thought 'Valkyrie Profile 3' but I've largely given up on that. I think the original VP was just a result of the planets aligning.
I think I'd like a Metroid game where you play as a Morph Ball the whole time and there are a bunch of upgrades and unlocks connected to it (ala Metroid). The idea's rolled around in my head for a while. I've liked the ball segments in the Prime games and wished those were longer.

- FF 4-5-6 Remake

FF5 was already remade. It's called Bravely Default. It's really good!

Enzo88

Hm... sometimes I've thought 'Valkyrie Profile 3' but I've largely given up on that. I think the original VP was just a result of the planets aligning.
I think I'd like a Metroid game where you play as a Morph Ball the whole time and there are a bunch of upgrades and unlocks connected to it (ala Metroid). The idea's rolled around in my head for a while. I've liked the ball segments in the Prime games and wished those were longer.

FF5 was already remade. It's called Bravely Default. It's really good!
I played BD, but nah, i don`t consider it on that level.

i‘m baffled how OP forgot to mention Resident Evil 2 Remake considering for how long people asked for It.

That being said, the only Dream Game l long for left for me after this generation is really a Dino Crisis reboot, although a Silent Hill reboot is slowly getting this status as well. It just hasn‘t been this long. Dino Crisis however... man, I want that for friggin ages.

My apologies. I will add it to the list, for some reason it did slip my mind.

A Space Rangers 3. I've been playing A War Apart again, and there's really nothing quite like it as far as having a huge dynamic universe and incomprehensible yet engrossing lore that doesn't try to be too serious.

I'd really like to see something with even more depth and breadth of gameplay, fighting against a more varied enemy with even more types of side missions, and pirates as a separate minor faction you can join and help beat down the Coalition rather than a threat that rivals the killer space robots from the get-go.

Maybe a Corporate Warfare situation, where each of the five races' major corporations have gone too far with experimenting with AI control, and after the sudden but inevitable rebellion has locked out everyone from their most advanced technologies through DRM schemes, the galaxy once again needs Rangers to sort out the mess. You'd fly, trade, fight against the corporate drones (literally) of each of the races, each inheriting their creators' traits and quirks, embark on entirely new missions in cyberspace (a-la the Genesis Shadowrun game), fight new (possibly better) missions on the ground and in hyperspace (scrolling shmup stages would be neat), and of course tackle the variety of text-adventure quests. Maybe join the Pirates at some point, and maintain a Pirate score and a Ranger score simultaneously, fighting for one side's domination or playing both sides for personal profit.

The possibilities are endless for a new Space Rangers game, but unfortunately I don't think the current rights holder has the kind of creative capacity to make that kind of game anymore, if Space Rangers Quest was anything to go by.

MacReady13

Astrobot 2 on newly launched PSVR2. Some kind of reboot of Silent Hills from Kojima. Or just remake the original 3 Silent Hill games for modern hardware. Another Mario 3d platformer before the next Nintendo console arrives.

Ellery

- A new Metal Gear Solid (by Kojima obviously), a MGS legacy collection remaster/rerelease for PS5 or Metal Gear Solid 1 Remake by Bluepoint
- A new Silent Hill game (by Team Silent), a Silent Hill remaster collection (not the PS3 version) or Silent Hill Remake games.
- A new Parasite Eve and Dino Crisis
- Uncharted Spin Off with Sully
- Final Fantasy XVII receiving a different treatment with a return to design more akin to FF VI,VII,VIII,IX.
- DLC for TLOU2 with segments where Ellie travels to California.
- Joel and Tommy spin off game
- Starcraft 3
- Warcraft 4
- A new MMO game in the Blizzard universe
- GTA VI, RDR 3, Agent etc.
- The Evil Within 3
- Resident Evil Code Veronica Remake / An entirely new Resident Evil game with beloved characters and third person like RE2/3 Remake but new setting and new story
- Big new Zelda game (after BOTW2) for the Switch Pro (exclusive) that makes
- New Naughty Dog IP. Space Sci Fi third person. Wide linear game please and not open world.
- Resident Evil 1.5 (the game that was supposed to be RE2) completely finished and released. Yes with the old ass PS1 graphics and cameras.
- Half Life 3 for PC (non VR)
- Zelda BOTW and BOTW2 with amazing update patches for Switch Pro higher resolution and frame rate. More stable framerate
- A new Pokemon game with love, soul and passion for Switch Pro. Maybe even a proper proper proper Remake of the very first Pokemon game.
- More FROM Software games. Honestly I love all the Dark Souls, Demon's Souls, Sekiro, Bloodborne games and even the ugly cousin Dark Souls 2 is okay.
- Next Elders Scroll, Starfield, Fallout games being actually good in all departments with a good technical side as well.

I would probably pay 100$ for each of most of these games without hesitation.

Wave Race
Diddy Kong Racing
Age of Empires 4 (already happening)
Quake Reboot or Remake or proper fitfth installment based on Q1 lore
World of Warcraft 2 or whatever Blizzard finds appropriate for a next big MMORPG
Perfect Dark
MGS 1 Remake
Proper, real new The Settlers game
Dime City 2
Heroes and Generals 2
Warcraft 2 Sequel/Remake

I wanted a full ff7 remake instead we got the worst part of ff7 dragged out to 30 hours with kingdom hearts bullshit.

I will take a bet that part 2 will sell a LOT less.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
For me, it's Dragon's Dogma II. It would be really cool to see the original vision for the first game came to be as the sequel.

Also SMT V starts to feel like a dream game. ;_;

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I'd like a proper Infamous sequel. I know it's likely never going to happen seeing how they moved on and the last one ended in a clear fashion, but those games were fun.

Top Bottom