• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"What does the ideal ps5 library look like currently ?" please ?

Hi, PS4 pro owner here.

I've been reading a lot to get a ps5 but haven't made the jump yet, for 3 main reasons :
- my dream TV was not yet there. Issue solved, the 75x95j is now available.
- ps5 was hard to get.
- I like to get a console when it's library is a bit strong. Sure, there is BC this generation with QOL improvements, but the reason to upgrade is mainly for new things.

So my question to PS5 owners is what does the ideal library looks like today ?

Been interested in returnal, demon's soul (bit afraid of the difficulty by the way), Lena, deathloop, GOT and TLOU2 that I skipped on PS4 pro to play 4k@60fps, the pathless (loved abzu), astro's playroom, Hades (loved deadcell), disco Elysium that I skipped on PS4.
Cautious about R&C (been burned by the last one, whereas I loved ACIT) and both Spiderman.

What is your ideal ps5 library ? Especially including non exclusive games

Last edited:

Same ol G

UoxVWj8.jpg

atm.

EruditeHobo

So you advice me : no upgrade to ps5 yet ?

Do you really want to play Ratchet & Clank, Returnal, Demon's Souls, Miles Morales right now?
Do you care at all about quick loading or performance/frame increases that apply to a number of PS4 titles?
Do you care about the reviews on the controller and using that functionality on any cross-gen titles?

If the answer to those is not an immediate yes, then don't get a PS5. Easy peasy.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Demon Souls
Hitman 3
Tales of Arise
Spider-man MM
Returnal
Kena
Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart
Resident Evil Village
Sackboy
Astro's Playroom

Yes there's crossgen titles but I prefer to play these games in better quality

Also these are early 2022
Forspoken
Horizon Forbidden West
Sifu
Stray
Probably God of War Ragnarok too

Last edited:

Midn1ght

Want a list? Here's a list:

Demon's Souls
Returnal
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
Spiderman: Miles Morales
Sackboy: A Big Adventure
Resident Evil: Village
Deathloop
Oddworld Soulstorm
Life is Strange: True Color
Kena: Bridge of Spirits

Also:
Metro Exodus: Complete Edition
Judgement
Control: Ultimate Edition
Ghost of Tsushima: Director's Cut
Wreckfest
Final Fantasy VII Remake: Intergrade
Yakuza Like a Dragon

Upcoming this year:
Lost Judgment
Death Stranding: Director's Cut
Far Cry 6

Not bad for a 1st Year but a lot of Remasters and Cross-Gen games.
If you're after "Next-Gen" only titles, you better off waiting 2022.

Last edited:

Neff

-Dedicated PS5 titles-

Demon's Souls
Resident Evil Village
Devil May Cry 5 SE for vastly improved load times alone

-PS4 titles worth playing again for significant performance benefits-

TLoU2
God of War
FFVIIR
Sekiro

Clintizzle

Lord of Edge.
Want a list? Here's a list:

Demon's Souls
Returnal
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
Spiderman: Miles Morales
Sackboy: A Big Adventure
Resident Evil: Village
Deathloop
Oddworld Soulstorm
Life is Strange: True Color
Kena: Bridge of Spirits

Also:
Metro Exodus: Complete Edition
Judgement
Control: Ultimate Edition
Ghost of Tsushima: Director's Cut
Wreckfest
Final Fantasy VII Remake: Intergrade
Yakuza Like a Dragon

Upcoming this year:
Lost Judgment
Death Stranding: Director's Cut
Far Cry 6

Not bad for a 1st Year but a lot of Remasters and Cross-Gen games.
If you're after "Next-Gen" only titles, you better off waiting 2022.
Thats a solid list.

Markio128

I’m not into listing games, but what I will say is that there has barely been a moment where I haven’t had something great to play on the PS5. And it doesn’t look like slowing down anytime soon. Of course, this is subjective and only based on my personal experience. I’m fortunate enough to like a wide span of genres, so I’ve enjoyed games like Disco Elysium just as much as R&C. I’m currently playing Tales of Arise and Deathloop, with the odd blast on WRC10 and F12021 to get my driving game fix.

Demon's Souls
Miles Morales
Kena
Sackboy
Ratchet and Clank
Astro's Playroom
Resident Evil Village
Deathloop
Hitman 3
COD: Cold War

PSN AND PS+ subscriptions as well.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
I think this is most of my PS5 library:

Great Games: Demon Souls, Disco Elysium, Final Fantasy VII Remake + INTERmission, Spider Man, Miles Morales, Hitman III, Nioh 1 + 2, RE:Village, Judgment, Astro, Yakuza: Like a Dragon, Ratchet and Clank, THPS 1+2
Coming Soon: Diablo 2, Lost Judgment, GT7, Super Monkey Ball
Disappointing: Returnal

Year 1 has been pretty great. It's less impactful if you've played a lot of those on PS4.

Last edited:

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
For me at the moment replaying TLOU2 @ 60fps and finally playing the last guardian.

Retunal looks the most "next gen" thing to me. but i have lots of other stuff to play, so I can wait until its with PS+ or like £15, or maybe never because by the time that happens there will be another game that I really want.

Hoddi

Cautious about R&C (been burned by the last one, whereas I loved ACIT) and both Spiderman.
FWIW, I restarted R&C 2016 last night after playing it at 30fps on my Pro back in the day. I kinda hated it back then but figured that it was worth a try now that it runs at 60fps. And, to put it bluntly, I had a blast with it.

I'm usually okay with games at 30fps but something about it just killed R&C 2016 for me. I had no intention of getting Rift Apart but now I probably will once I finish that last one.

Ok, thanks all for the answers.
After a bit of thought, I decided that I was not in a need yet to move to ps5.
I'm mostly about "next gen", and right now next gen only experiences are a bit too scarce. Sure there are some gems like returnal.

I bought a PS3 when the slim model launched, bought directly a PS4 pro (skipped based PS4), so I guess I'll jump directly on ps5 pro or whenever i feel the urge to move on

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
demon-s-souls-remake.9448226306.cover.small.webp

Got this together with my PS5 but only played until that giant knight. Love Demon's Souls but I rarely replay games because of a huge backlog, and also somehow it felt a bit "off" but I can't really explain it. Too polished maybe?

resident-evil-viii-village.4862273311.cover.small.webp

Oh boy this was a great game. Would have preferred a bit more / better puzzles maybe, but the environments alone are worth the price of admission.

scarlet-nexus.1777043346.cover.small.webp

Great sci-fi action RPG, loved the dungeons and battle engine, the story was a bit weak tho, and having to go to thru the game twice made it outstay its welcome just a tad. Still recommended though.

OIP.kaJQge9ZZpX2Nm_IpmHLcAHaI5

Currently playing this action RPG, only beat the first boss as of yet but it feels like the beste Tales game since Symphonia already.

lost-judgment.png

Obviously haven't played this one yet, but as a big fan of Yakuza games and the previous Judgement title, this is another must-have and looking forward to picking up my preorder this weekend.

Last edited:
So you advice me : no upgrade to ps5 yet ?
If you were interested in PS5 games you would know. Wouldn't you?

We can't decide for you, if you can get one do it so you'll get the new games when they arrive and in the meantime you'll still be able to play PS4 games with performance boosts (some of them anyway).

I don't see why you ask for a list, metacritics has a PS5 page:

Ask three people get four answers. Tastes differ.

My list:
Demon's Souls
Hades
NioH Collection

That's not a lot. But a few interesting things are coming up in no time. I'd keep my eyes peeled for Crusader Kings III (I'm serious).

Lunarorbit

So I'm kinda in the same boat. Lucked out and have a ps5 but I don't play it much.
So what I've played so far on it:

Control
Hades
Miles morales
Doki doki literature club
and I've dabbled in disco elysium, mlb, and ASTRO.

Kinda meh and haven't really taken advantage of the system.

Returnal, demon souls should be on there too but I haven't started them yet. Like lots of people have said you aren't missing a ton by not having a ps5. And this is coming from someone who only plays on Sony and Nintendo devices.

Top Bottom