• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What does Sony's silence mean?

Rolla

Banned
This is a very weird thread to read through because when Sony actually speaks about they break every metric we use to measure interest.

Facebook
Instagram
Twitter

The most engagement in terms of gaming posts, tweets, pics etc is PS5 setting the bar. And that's not an opinion but a measurable fact since the numbers don't lie. For example

PS5's teardown video hit 2 million views in about six hours

If that is silence then...

Last edited:

decisions

This is a very weird thread to read through because when Sony actually speaks about they break every metric we use to measure interest.

Facebook
Instagram
Twitter

The most engagement in terms of gaming posts, tweets, pics etc is PS5 setting the bar. And that's not an opinion but a mesaurable fact since the numbers don't lie.

Exactly, Sony's tight-lipped about the PS5 because they know that is the best way to get people excited for the console, or at least they have a ton of data to support this notion, and likely no good theory within the company about an even better way to do it.

I personally am buying the PS5 because of good hardware and good launch games. They have shown that the hardware has some proprietary solutions that I believe will be effective, that it is good value for the price tag, that the controller has some great new features and looks ergonomic and stylish, and they have Demon's Souls, DMC5:SE at launch with some other notable titles like Spider-Man before the end of the year. They don't really need to show anything else, but the fact that they still have some things to show will keep people's interest in the weeks before launch. Meanwhile MS has already shown everything and they likely will have lost some of the spotlight in the weeks just before launch while Sony can show off a hopefully really slick and fresh UI.

Rolla

Banned
Exactly, Sony's tight-lipped about the PS5 because they know that is the best way to get people excited for the console, or at least they have a ton of data to support this notion, and likely no good theory within the company about an even better way to do it.

I personally am buying the PS5 because of good hardware and good launch games. They have shown that the hardware has some proprietary solutions that I believe will be effective, that it is good value for the price tag, that the controller has some great new features and looks ergonomic and stylish, and they have Demon's Souls, DMC5:SE at launch with some other notable titles like Spider-Man before the end of the year. They don't really need to show anything else, but the fact that they still have some things to show will keep people's interest in the weeks before launch. Meanwhile MS has already shown everything and they likely will have lost some of the spotlight in the weeks just before launch while Sony can show off a hopefully really slick and fresh UI.

Facts! Especially the bolded.

It's weird because when some core gamers discuss thing on forums, it's like they willfully dismiss certain factors to make a point. I'm just waiting on launch for both systems so we can really see how the entire gaming market thinks of these products and more importantly what drives early adoption.

I think it's games. Others think it's PR. Some think it's the price, BC, or services but come November...

Top Bottom