• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you want to see in the next Bloodborne?

Marty-McFly

Banned
First and foremost I want them to tighten up the combat even more with even better physics, AI and hit detection. I want to see exploration taken to the next level, perhaps areas where you can ride around in one of those From Hell style carriages with a horse. More destinations as in Forts, Castles and Manors that you can overthrow as you advance, with the same core Miyazaki connected maze style level design. I wouldn't want it to be open world like Elden Ring, just have the mount used between hubs.

Trogdor1123

Story wise, I'd like some discussion on how the influence of the healing church managed when it came into conflicting, and as powerful, views outside of yarhnam

ABnormal

First of all, "A From Software game" and "Miyazaki" in the title screens...

After that, I would love the help of Bluepoint Games for the engine and tech related things. That would be the best combo.

For the game itself, I would trust FS and M to be more able than me to create a meaningful sequel.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
Well, if it's as good as the first I'll be there day one.

To be honest I'd be happy with just more content. And don't make it too much harder. The level of challenge with the first one is already perfect for me. Just give me new enemies, new armor, etc..

Tschumi

All i know is that video DF made about an unofficial 60fps patch thing. So yeah, smooth 60fps, apparently. I don't play this game for reasons stated in that other thread a few minutes ago.

Metnut

Not open world. Give me a tight world design that’s DS1 and BB1 style. Throw in a bunch of connections and shortcuts all over the place. Have a bunch of new cool trick weapons.

Stick mostly to the From formula but throw a few twists to it. Maybe add a little bit more music. No more blood vials, have a better way to recover health. Maybe add a few more NPCs.

Im looking forward to it!

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Nor a sequel, to be honest. Unless it's set during the past, but that kind of goes against Miyazaki's style with his settings.
If his not interested in making sequel for it then he shouldn't be force to make one just because the game is popular and I also don't want another developer make sequel to Bloodborne.

kyliethicc

Art wise - Lovecraft being the core inspiration artistically, I'd say create large environments surrounded by creepy black sea water, filled with monsters under the surface that kill you if you enter the water. Basically instill a genuine fear of the sea and the unknown into the player.

Gameplay wise - I'd prefer something a bit faster and more like Sekiro. Not as fast as Sekiro, but a bit more in that direction. And there are combat aspects (the footwork and strafing, camera re-centering, etc) that they could pull from God of War to make the game play better.

Last edited:

Aesius

In terms of setting, I think a dark Elizabethan aesthetic would be awesome. Could tie in with Castle Cainhurst and the Vilebloods. Add vampires to the mix. Would probably need to be a prequel though.

Another compelling setting would be a Civil War era New Orleans-like city with associated swamp areas and witches/voodoo shit.

Danjin44

Miyazaki and From Software, + Bluepoint helping with technical stuff
One thing you guys don't seem to understand is the reason FROM don't make high tech graphics not because they can't but mostly because don't want to waste resource and time in graphics and instead work on levels design, combat and enemy and boss variety.

Bringing Bluepoint is not gonna change that. The only reason Bluepoint can remake because they don't have worry about designing actual game, they can just put the time and resource on the graphics.

Last edited:

Danjin44

Same if it's not by Miyazaki and FROM , I wouldn't be as excited . Some of you guys have no idea how important is the same people working on the same franchise .
This, just look at the difference of tone between Drakengard 2 and rest of Yoko Taro games.

Even look at difference between Great Ace Attorney and Ace Attorney 5/6, you can easily tell which one Shu Takumi worked on.

Melchiah

First of all, "A From Software game" and "Miyazaki" in the title screens...

After that, I would love the help of Bluepoint Games for the engine and tech related things. That would be the best combo.

For the game itself, I would trust FS and M to be more able than me to create a meaningful sequel.

I don't think it necessarily has to be a From game, but it certainly would help if Miyazaki steered the story and design as before. Hell, even their own team would have went a different route without his input.

xZUO7n3.jpg

Knightime_X

If I had to stay in strict soul like rules, I would want the following:

1. All enemies, even bosses have finite projectiles and inventory like the player.

2. When a group of enemies (2 or more) attack all at once, they can NOT clip into each other and do no damage to themselves. Even bosses.

3. Remove bullshit enemy calculations. A cannonball pointblank to the face probably won't kill you, but a slow kick to the chest is SUPER FATAL. >_>
3a. All damage elements are calculated for player weapons and elements.
It's silly that an enemy can ignore most damage via thrust impalement because they have fire resistance. -_-

Greatly improve drop rates.
Nothing is worse than a 5 hour RNG grind.

Melchiah

Above all, I'd like it to have a similar structure, instead of being open world. We have more than enough of that tiresome bullshit in the gaming landscape already.

Aside from that, bring the Threaded Cane to the sequel, keep the dedicated healing button and parry mechanic intact, implement straight traversal from one lantern to another, and automatically refill all the carried supplies from the storage after dying. And I'd love to have more Chalice dungeons to go through, which grant the best gems as a reward for overcoming the challenge.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
I would love to see more complexity of the trick weapons. 3 or even 4 states of transformation for each weapon with an intricate combo system to combine the different states with different attacks.

A much deeper and better use of the covenants to give you more meaningful advantages and disadvantages based on your choice.

More weird arcane spells.

Would be cool to be able to transform into a real beast. This should be a gameplay twist.

Improved chalice dungeons.

More Blood and an even creepier and celestial art style.

Last edited:

Melchiah

Art wise - Lovecraft being the core inspiration artistically, I'd say create large environments surrounded by creepy black sea water, filled with monsters under the surface that kill you if you enter the water. Basically instill a genuine fear of the sea and the unknown into the player.

Gameplay wise - I'd prefer something a bit faster and more like Sekiro. Not as fast as Sekiro, but a bit more in that direction. And there are combat aspects (the footwork and strafing, camera re-centering, etc) that they could pull from God of War to make the games play better.

We already had insta-kill water in Resistance 2, and it wasn't scary, just annoying.

YukiOnna

Same if it's not by Miyazaki and FROM , I wouldn't be as excited . Some of you guys have no idea how important is the same people working on the same franchise .
Yep. It needs to be the team, from art direction to the designers and everything.

I don't think it necessarily has to be a From game, but it certainly would help if Miyazaki steered the story and design as before. Hell, even their own team would have went a different route without his input.

xZUO7n3.jpg
Miyazaki Bro where were you in checking the dignity of Senpou Temple's Infestation? I already have a phobia of insects :messenger_downcast_sweat:

kyliethicc

We already had insta-kill water in Resistance 2, and it wasn't scary, just annoying.
Never said insta-kill. Just have a sea full of lethal creepy fuckers that'll find you and kill you if you venture into the water.

No need for it to be especially fast, just ever threatening.

GymWolf

Hard to say, the first one kinda have everything.

Maybe a longer game and some more significant armours?!

I have no idea what new composite weapons they can create, they really covered everything in the first title already...

Maybe they can put some more gore and dismemberments, i mean it's not like the game is for childrens...

Last edited:
I think an inter-connected world, instead of a hub, would be cool

And more interesting chalice dungeons.

Bloodborne was so, so good man.

ABnormal

xZUO7n3.jpg
But the gameplay structure lies on a precise vision and carefully balanced parameters (in addition to all those things like level design, progression, and such). I don't really think that BPG have the know how and the vision to create something like this from scratch. Having worked on Demon's Souls remake certainly helps with many aspects of such work, but it's still not particularly useful for creating something new.
I think that would be necessary to have much more than the story and art direction, to create a worthy sequel (something that could be difficult even for From itself)

Astral Dog

Assuming it exists
60fps and made by From, thats all, if not we are getting Elden Ring with George writting wich looks great anyways

Arachnid

Bloodborne was so perfect that I cant really think of anything I would add or change. Maybe just more variety in chalice dungeons? Just give me another fantastic complete experience like the first game.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I want deeper lore to discover. I love how when I started the first game, I just thought it was this Victorian era with monsters at the time such as werewolves etc. There was something being hinted underneath that you couldn't quite put your finger on and then it went full Lovecraft. And it was amazing. I want more of that to discover. More of the history and maybe delve into the equivalent of elder gods and great old ones.

From a gameplay perspective, if they can improve on the combat like they did from Bloodborne to Sekiro, I think it will be fine. However, if it's actually Bluepoint that's going to be developing this game, I hope they can see the lessons learned and improvements that were made between titles.

Top Bottom