• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you want to see from Wolverine (PS5) as far as gameplay and world design?

Marty-McFly

Banned
Personally, I want a linear, non open world game with a high level of detail.

Wolverine's adamantium claws better be able to cut through every damn thing in sight including walls.

This is Sony's perfect chance to create an AAA game with some deeper elements like world destruction. It would be completely against what Wolverine is to have him slash away at walls with nothing but erasing cat claw marks on the walls that disappear when you re-enter the room.

The combat has to have the same mantra with Logan chopping his enemies to bits in a variety of ways. I think Sony stepped up their combat game with GOW but Wolverine really needs to take it to the next level.

TLDR: Wolverine has to feel just like Wolverine.

Last edited:

Max_Po

Banned
Insomniac is creating the game..

if they can create a kick ass Spiderman game... I am sure they can create an excellent Wolverine game...

Marty-McFly

Banned
Insomniac is creating the game..

if they can create a kick ass Spiderman game... I am sure they can create an excellent Wolverine game...
The did a perfect job on Spiderman but they already had the traversal nailed in Sunset Overdrive.

Spiderman could get away with a Batman-esque combat system but I'm expecting a lot more from Wolverine.

Instead of open world, I'd like something more like a hub town but with areas that branch off and become more intimate and complex like a Arkham Asylum with some Metroidvania style upgrade/traversal elements.

Combine that with a combat system like God of War - zoomed closer in, with a focus more on visceral, slower action.

Last edited:

BlvckFox

Gold Member
I need that M rating first and foremost. I want gameplay to have a weight to it, a contrast to the floaty agile style of Spider-Man. It doesn’t need a Metal Gear Revengance style of rip and tear but I would like to avoid the feeling of punching enemies with claws, if that makes sense.

pqueue

Fast travel is handled by a special appearance by Colossus who performs a "fastball special" on wolvie tossing him to the next area
KKUrCfk.jpg

Last edited:

Wolverine's adamantium claws better be able to cut through every damn thing in sight including walls.

This is Sony's perfect chance to create an AAA game with some deeper elements like world destruction. It would be completely against what Wolverine is to have him slash away at walls with nothing but erasing cat claw marks on the walls that disappear when you re-enter the room.

The combat has to have the same mantra with Logan chopping his enemies to bits in a variety of ways. I think Sony stepped up their combat game with GOW but Wolverine really needs to take it to the next level.

Judging by how Imsoniac copied batman I fully expect this to be another batman reskin without climbing wall corners.

CitizenZ

Banned

Agree, and as this is a great story to create but will it look any different from Kratos besides a spin to win attack? Thats my guess and concern since we already know the story.

Bryank75

Banned
Judging by how Imsoniac copied batman I fully expect this to be another batman reskin without climbing wall corners.

Well the OG Spider-man games actually had the same system before Batman..... maybe you never played them but they had the combo system and spider-sense where you pressed to dodge in time.

What they really added was all the gadgets and then built on how much you could do with the combo system..... to where it gets pretty insane if you are good.

If you look at the clip below, it's also way smoother and more impressive to watch than Batman with massive variations and combinations of animation.

I imagine Wolverine will be very different feeling.... Logan is a tank. He can move when he wants to but more in short bursts of violence.

I think it will be more like TLOU combat...quite visceral but with no holds barred.... due to what Logans powers allow him to achieve.

Expect lots of knives and swords.... bats and other melee enemies. So, you can imagine parry's for swords and knives.... chopping up bats slice by slice etc.

Haptics and the triggers are gonna be great in this....

Instead of open world, I'd like something more like a hub town but with areas that branch off and become more intimate and complex like a Arkham Asylum with some Metroidvania style upgrade/traversal elements.

Combine that with a combat system like God of War - zoomed closer in, with a focus more on visceral, slower action.
Exactly what I was thinking. This would be great.

Blond

Banned
Fast travel is handled by a special appearance by Colossus who performs a "fastball special" on wolvie tossing him to the next area
KKUrCfk.jpg
I’d pay to see them stress TF out of that SSD loading full on levels right in front you in seconds.

Blond

Banned

I just want it to be as brutal and fast as the Raven software game at a minimum. And please for the love of God, no ratchet and clank style of design.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Even though all we've really seen of Marvel's Wolverine so far is a very brief CG trailer followed by a title screen for the game, even though it's going to be at least three years (if not more) before we get to play this game- in spite of that, there's no shortage of excitement surrounding the game. Given Insomniac's track record with Marvel and their talent as developers of video games, it's easy to imagine just how excellent a Wolverine game made by them could turn out if done right.

Of course, there are certain things that it will need to do right, and to that effect, here, we're going to be talking about a few things that we're hoping we will see in Marvel's Wolverine.

Top Bottom