• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you want to see for First party support on PS5?

Woodchipper

Will be really interesting to see what ND’s next project is. It has to be a new IP. Other than that, and this may sound stupid to some, I hope they acquire Bluepoint Games, and that they too starts to work on a new IP of their own.

Then of course I also look forward to all the sequels we know are coming.

Oh, and if they could acquire Kojima Productions as well, that’d be terrific.
Evolution Studio mk2. Driveclub 2. Full VR
I’d much rather have a new Motorstorm, but that’s me.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
The first party games seem skewed to SP sad dad kinds of games, baseball and GT.

To add variety, they need a shooter. Whether it's KZ, a franchise from the dead, or a brand new IP, it'll add something fresh to shooters, where it's still dominated by Call of Duty, BF, and now a handful of F2P/BR kinds of games.

MAG had something going, but PS3 couldn't handle it. It also was weird with fake gun names. Make it modern, get real gun names, 60 fps, and it might be a good alternative to third party games. Wasn't a bad game when I played it. What hurt the most was that it barely ran at 30 fps. If you're trying to be Call of Duty-ish, you got to be 60 fps.

They should give Fighting All Stars another chance. Fighting games aren't so popular anymore, but SF, MK and Smash Bros seem to sell and do fine, so the interest is still there. Problem is they did it in a half hearted way compared to their SP AAA games.

Give MAG and another fighting game a re-try.

PeacefulWorldGuy

Neo Member
First party:
New ip for example semi-open world games with fast combat and quick react genre, stop making visual novel wannabe like detroit become human.

Third party:
Old ip sequel for example grand theft auto 6, max payne 4 (rockstars 1 project 1 generation, i know about that but still... ), bully 3 (rockstars 1 project 1 generation, i know about that but still... ), sleeping dogs 2, prototype 3, dead space 4, onimusha 5, genji 3, ninja gaiden 4, tenchu 5 and reviving horror games please.

magnumpy

next gen (PS5 gen) gran turismo and single player RPGs. like fallout or the outer worlds.

can't wait to see what devs have in store for next-gen! xD

Jubenhimer

You're all Nostalgia whores. Those franchises died for a reason.

Again, I get that it's not creatively or financially realistic to support every IP. But surely, there's somebody out there that wants to make a new Ape Escape or Sly Cooper game. There's still a lot of room for these IP to explore.

Last edited:

Shmunter

Will be really interesting to see what ND’s next project is. It has to be a new IP. Other than that, and this may sound stupid to some, I hope they acquire Bluepoint Games, and that they too starts to work on a new IP of their own.

Then of course I also look forward to all the sequels we know are coming.

Oh, and if they could acquire Kojima Productions as well, that’d be terrific.

I’d much rather have a new Motorstorm, but that’s me.
I’ll take both.

Also would take a new KZ. imagine a gritty dystopian shooter with next gen crisp 60fps visuals.

ayokunaj

Puppeteer remaster for PS5, PS5 enhancement for all PS4 first part exclusives, God of war 5 & 6, uncharted 5, Jak 4 & More indie support.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
For me, it's real simple.

As a brand, im hoping Sony acquires a few more studios. Games wise, that's pretty easy for me -

Guerrilla Games - Horizon 2
Santa Monica - God of War 2 and new IP from Barlog
Sucker Punch - Ghost of Tsushima (cross-gen) and Ghost of Tsushima 2
Naughty Dog - New IP and TLOUP3
Insomniac - Ratchet & Clank 2 and Spider Man 2
San Diego Studio second team - Uncharted: Lost Legacy 2
Bend Studio - Days Gone 2 and new IP

If I get all of the above, I will be one very happy PlayStation 5 gamer.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Gravity rush 3

AND MORE GAMES OF

SIE_Japan_Studio_Logo.jpg

Gravity rush 2 Ultimate edition.

PS5 with launch bundle of Gravity rush 2 in 4k HDR

Last edited:
Top Bottom