• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

what do you expect to see from the 2 giants ( microsoft and sony ) in the summer ?

samoilaaa

For microsoft

redfall gameplay and delay announcement
starfield gameplay
avowed gameplay trailer
fable a new longer cinematic trailer
maybe contraband gameplay
pentiment rpg trailer

For sony

gameplay from god of war ragnarok and release date
new ip from bluepoint
spiderman 2 gameplay trailer
naughty dog 1 min teaser for new ip
maybe a new ip from bend

samoilaaa

I still think they bought Bluepoint exclusively for remasters/remakes and maybe... MAAAYYYBE doing sequels for old IP

I expect maybe a new Perfect Dark trailer and the obvious stuff like Starfield gameplay
i think bluepoint said that they really want to make their own ip ( i might be wrong about it )

i dont expect anything from perfect dark , with all the troubles it had i think it became a 2024 game

Banned
i think bluepoint said that they really want to make their own ip ( i might be wrong about it )

I think what was said is that they are working on something "new" that isn't remade content. this could very well be a DLC for Demon's Souls, there is an unused Archstone after all

i dont expect anything from perfect dark , with all the troubles it had i think it became a 2024 game

I could see them showing a concept/story trailer just to keep the hype up, but it depends how delayed development got

I expect a lot of both but I'm not sure they'll deliver on it.

Sony doesn't have a single upcoming game with a release date now. Of all their internal studios we only officially know about GoW: Ragnarok, two games from Insomniac (Spider-man 2/Wolverine) and the Horizon VR gamer. TLoU2 released 2 years ago and we got no info on the multiplayer game that was promised. PSVR2 still needs to be revealed as well and I hope we get another event to just focus on that. It's about time we get more info on some games from their partners like FFXVI and FFVIIR Part 2.

MS on the other hand has announced countless games with CG trailers and then left it at that. Their first current-gen only game (not counting the Flight Simulator port) will arrive more than two years after the console launched and they haven't shown pretty much anything of the game. Makes me wonder what was MS plan before they bought Bethesda.

Last edited:

Kupfer

Nothing really.
Didn't touch my PS5 in 2 months or so because it lacks games I consider playworthy.

I hope for the Eastern Front update for HLL soon, that would be a reason to undust the PS5 but until then I'm more than happy with the Steam Deck.

If we are naming only two giants in gaming, wouldn't it be Nintendo and Sony?

But, to answer your question, we probably won't hear much. Microsoft has already announced games that are still years away. I doubt they have much new to announce other than possible updates on those projects.

Sony could have a few surprises, but also mostly updates on games coming up like God of War.

Ezquimacore

Banned
Starfield gameplay and breath of the wild 2 are the only exciting for me for this summer, can't be excited about anything PlayStation when even they are not worried about announcing shit.

Roberts

Xbox will definitely show Forza Motorsport 8 and it is about time they show what Compulsion has been working on all these years.

Personally, I hope they announce BC comeback with current gen tech possibilities but I'm sure it is never going to happen.

Last edited:

GHound

I Expect You To Die 3.

I honestly have no expectations for any game company for ever again this year and I feel like anyone who gets their hopes up for anything major is going to end up disappointed. As always, I would love to be proven wrong because that of course means that there are more (and potentially good) games in the pipeline.

Last edited:
I agree with everything you said about Xbox. I’d add some a trailer from the coalition, halo BR mode reveal and gameplay from that avalanche game.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Starlight blue cover plates for the PS5
VRR being implemented… maybe even 8K like it says on the box
A ps5 web browser

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Sony.
Faction 2 - Gameplay, BattleRoyale(survivor mode reveal).
God of War Ragnarok - Gameplay demo 12 minutes long.
Spiderman 2 - First look. Venom playable announcement. Explainer on Co-op/Character switching.
Epic on "stage" to talk about how they are working with Bend to maximize Unreal Engine 5.
Have bought exclusivity for another game.
Haven Studios IP reveal - CGI trailer.
Dreams PS5 update.
Major System Update.

Microsoft.
Starfield gameplay.
Everwild reannounced.
Redfall Gameplay - GAF will hate it because obviously.
New New Xbox Experience.
Forza Motorsport.
Quake announced if we are lucky some gameplay.
Hellblade 2 - Itll be "fake" gameplay.
Roundhouse Games comicbook game officially announced.
Indiana Jones in-engine cutscene.
didnt know they were working on a multiplayer game , it doesnt seem like it would fit their style
Pretty sure everyone know they were working on Factions 2.

Hopefully Sony has a big showcase and not just a GOWR reveal

Last summer was awful for Sony, all they had was HFW

Had to wait until October and even then we only got mostly teasers and a mediocre GOWR trailer

Robb

Gold Member
I expect to see StarField from MS and GoW from Sony.

Would love to get more gameplay from Hellblade 2 and maybe a new Wolfenstein sequel or some other surprise. A Spider-Man 2 trailer would be pretty sweet as well, or Naughty Dog’s next game.

There’s just so many first party studios between the two nowadays that I don’t even know where to begin speculating.. I can barely keep track of them all.

I think sony will have two shows, one in the upcoming month that reveals god of war ragnarok release date/trailer, FF16, and maybe some DLC for games they already have like they did last year with Death Stranding and Ghost of Tsushima, that could even be factions. Essentially what they have for the rest of 2022. Also, PC Ports

I expect a VR reveal and 2023 game showcase in september

Last edited:
MS:
Some new Hellblade footage
Starfield

Sony:
"Insiders" hyping up a event that's suddenly going to materialise in the next coming weeks if not days. And then nothing. Pure nothing

samoilaaa

I want to see a trailer of inXile's new steampunk RPG, Project Cobalt.

inxile's new rpg is one of my most anticipated games but unfortunetly its most likely a 2025 game so we wont see anything about it , they are one of the few that make REAL rpg games

Last edited:
I would hope we see Wolfenstein 3, or I will consider it to be in development hell.

Don't think they're gonna waste time making another CGI Fable trailer.

Kssio_Aug

I'm quite out of the loop, so I'm not sure what I should be expecting. But if Sony gives a definitive date and show gameplay for God of War Ragnarok and Microsoft for Starfield, it would be fine to me (with some other random new announcements of course).

Javthusiast

Banned
Video games
Leonardo Dicaprio Reaction GIF by Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

ShaikhCroft

Want Sony to held a proper showcase like the good old times that lasts at least for an hour. They can include third party games too!

For Microsoft, it's high time to fully reveal Starfield and blow us away with their long list of lineups!

I dont expect anything for Sony this summer outside of GoW SoP and maybe something a little more if they truly are launching TLOUR or Factions this fall.

Also waiting for whatever FF16, FF7RP2, Silent HIll, etc. end up showing. I assume they are gonna announce a date for Uncharted PC release along with another PC port before the end of the year which I’m guessing will be Returnal or Ghost of Tsushima

Last edited:

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Sony: New game teasers/ trailers, New IP and surprise acquisition

Microsoft: Gamepass, concept art and more delays

Last edited:

freefornow

Gold Member
Educative thread.
I have learned that Nintendo is not a giant. Really sad to see that they are insignifant and struggling to be a force in gaming.

Top Bottom