• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you expect from Sony in 2023?

I expect 2023 to be pretty quiet from Sonys side in terms of ”regular” new games outside of Spider-Man 2. I fully expect PSVR2 to take most of the spotlight with a solid lineup. The Horizon game, pushing Alyx as a launch collab with Valve and maybe some more.

Nope. Kotor Remake, either the Last of Us remake or Factions, either Forspoken or FF VI, Spiderman 2, Arrowhead next Project, Guerilla Games new IP...

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Sony walking into 2023
steve urkel GIF

bitbydeath

Hermen confirmed Jason Shredder's leak: they are working on a new IP. AAA games take 4 to 6 years, add one more due to covid or for being a new IP. So even if instead starting the new IP when they did according to Jason Shredder they would have started it in 2019, when they released DG (for PS4, ignoring the PC ports), next year it would be too soon.
He did, but it may have been the same way Days Gone was a new IP to Syphon Filter, (same universe, different lead) or they may have even walked it back, as per the above post.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
After you finished Returnal "far" before everyone else, i will judge you prematurely from here on out. Of course you don't rush through games but at this point i don't care anymore. :messenger_blowing_kiss::messenger_grinning_sweat:

I think I tend to be good at shooters, I believe, as I'm not as good in melee-based games, despite been spamming melee a lot on Returnal after that melee damage upgrade. Also I don't like Returnal, and nearly died at the final boss after consuming that second chance you make on every level, for a total of 5 deaths since opened the game (2 deaths at the very beginning, 3 using second chance). Avoided malignant shit like cancer, paid good in the long run.

Actually I've been 1# on MGSV for 2 weeks due to the first 3 days not sleeping an played a 51-hour session with 6 mugs of coffee to keep me awake (skipped 2 days of work). Yes, I love MGS series A LOT. :lollipop_crying: Well, after like 2 weeks I've already beaten the game, so checked like the week after and found myself ranked at 100K lol. Before that I thought that I was "level" 1 noob, not ranked #1, although a crown above my PSN was intriguing.

Can be competitive, but usually unintentional.:messenger_grinning_sweat:

The Capcom exclusive Pragmata will probably release in 2023.Where is the amazing looking Dragons Dogma like open world RPG what was showed in the beginning of PS5 with the hero fighting a dragon in an arena or colosseum?

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Yeah, I don't think it is as well. There is an Xbox marketing video and landing page.
Yeah watching some news I can get why some might think it is because the wording is often confusing, I've seen it call multiple times next gen exclusive but it often can be interpreted as ps5 instead of ps5/series/pc exclusive.

yurinka

also they said 10 GAAS titles by 2026, so thats 2.5 games a year minimum
Not counting Destiny 2 expansions, it would be GT7, MLB22, MLB 23, MLB 24, MLB 25, TLOU Factions, Bungie new IP 1, Bungie new IP 2, Firewalk new IP, Devotion new IP, Haven new IP. And maybe the unannounced games from Sony London and Firesprite.

So for 2023 I'd say MLB 23, TLOU Factions and Bungie new IP 1.
The Capcom exclusive Pragmata will probably release in 2023.Where is the amazing looking Dragons Dogma like open world RPG what was showed in the beginning of PS5 with the hero fighting a dragon in an arena or colosseum?
Pragmata is multiplatform, like Dragon's Dogma 2. Regarding the other one I tihnk you mean Project Awakening and Granblue Fantasy: Relink. They are under development. In fact the company who makes Project Awakenin signed a 3 ways deal with Kadokawa (From Software) and Sony.

He did, but it may have been the same way Days Gone was a new IP to Syphon Filter, (same universe, different lead) or they may have even walked it back, as per the above post.
Btw seems Sony suggested Bend to make a Syphon Filter but they turned it down. It could be possible a new IP in the same universe, they said the new IP would reuse many things they made for (or learned with) Days Gone. But I assume they meant AAA development stuff, open world related stuff, cinematics stuff etc.

Personally I think Sony will be quiet until 2024.
Nah, they won't. They have a lot of stuff to be release more or less from this summer until 2025 or so, with many bangers per year.

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
My guess

Spider-man 2
Silent Hill
Demon Souls DLC or Bloodborne remaster
Firesprite's AAA game

And 2-3 3rd party exclusives

I think we will start seeing more of a balance between the single player experiences and multiplayer. They know they are revered for a lot of their “cinematic “ games and are looking to branch out with perhaps more first person games and “service” style games. In their mind covering most bases. Single player, multiplayer, racing, third person games and first person.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we found out more about Deviation Games’ FPS by the end of the year and in 2023 Spider-Man 2 being their biggest release.

I think we will start seeing more of a balance between the single player experiences and multiplayer. They know they are revered for a lot of their “cinematic “ games and are looking to branch out with perhaps more first person games and “service” style games. In their mind covering most bases. Single player, multiplayer, racing, third person games and first person.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we found out more about Deviation Games’ FPS by the end of the year and in 2023 Spider-Man 2 being their biggest release.

If sony can properly marry their narrative-cinematic type of experiences with FPS and multiplayer it will be a new frontier for them.

ChorizoPicozo

Gold Member
I think we all can agree that Sony at least has been iffy with their PR/Marketing.

Why?

1. Is this a product of the power struggle inside Sony?

2. Did the pandemic fucked up their plans?

3. Was the restructuring a mistake or is Sony building the nukes and they are waiting the moment to drop them?.

I am expecting a show at the same caliber of E3 of dreams/Live Orchestra.

One Big Publisher Acquisition.

Factions NEEDS to be the "second coming of Christ' for the AAA GaaS.

Spiderman is gonna be cool.

Hope the Silent Hill/Abandoned circus is finally over.

Sony's Game Pass Day One Third Party releases has to get better.

If sony can properly marry their narrative-cinematic type of experiences with FPS and multiplayer it will be a new frontier for them.

I think that’s the direction they are going. They acquired Bungie, they have Deviation Games also making a first person shooter and of course they are well covered in the third person action/adventure and racing game departments.

When it comes to the service stuff, which I’m not a fan of, I just hope they offer something worthwhile or perhaps a different take on it to some of the things we see now.

If it was me and the order came to pursue some service type games I would of seriously considered investing or at least discussing the possibility of a more closer business relationship with the Warframe team and see if they had anything new being developed they would like to partner on going forward

Top Bottom