• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you do with your Xbox Reward Points

Schmick

I've been trying everyday now to stack my Xbox Rewards points (thanks Topher Topher for the guide) over the last couple of months so I can fund my Xbox Game Ultimate subscription. And so far I have managed to redeem one whole month of GPU with a bonus 1 month on top of that.

How have you been redeeming your points?

FYI I was rewarded the extra month as a reward for setting my subscription payments to re-occurring . I got the free month and cancelled the reoccurring payments straight after. The extra month will give me plenty of time to stack up my rewards points before the subscription expires.

Last edited:

fatmarco

I had been doing basically what you're doing but recently I got a Gamepass Sub card which I can't use yet due to it taking me beyond 3 years of my subscription, so I've just been saving up my points to potentially use to buy a game.

Allandor

Monthly 5€ giftcard so Gamepass Ultimate costs 7,99€ instead of 12,99€
If I have more points, I add get additional giftcards to buy games.

Shifty

5aeddd0f-6b68-4606-8fa4-44afeceb818d_text.gif

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I should do more. I hardly ever do the campaigns or search daily, do the daily activities. Think I have around 50k points saved up. Don't really know what I'm doing with them.

I've probs eatnt around 75k total lifetime. I should keep going and just get discount off a console or something.

Naked Lunch

I average a $50 MS gift card every couple months or so just by doing searches and weekly xbox rewards challenges.
If you wait till right when a major game releases - they usually run a 'buy this game, get 6000 ms points' promotion.

I dont buy many games per year but thats were I use it - bought Halo Infinite and Elden Ring using the points.
The rest on game sales when they pop up.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
My search streak is 275 days so that's how long I've been taken Microsoft Rewards seriously. I wish I'd gotten on the train sooner. I'm banking my points now (almost at 140,000 and mostly earned this year) but last year I bought $30 in store credit at 26,250 and six months of Game Pass Ultimate at 70,000. I think I'm averaging about 18,000 points per month. That would mean a little less than eight months of earning would get me a year of Game Pass Ultimate and another 70,000 points to do with as I like.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This shit is far too confusing for me to be bothered with it. It's needed simplification for years, honestly.

I guess I've earned a few thousand points on this program - but that's equal to the number of dollars I've spent on Xbox games.

bender

What time is it?
This shit is far too confusing for me to be bothered with it. It's needed simplification for years, honestly.

I guess I've earned a few thousand points on this program - but that's equal to the number of dollars I've spent on Xbox games.

Reddit Sticky

If nothing else, the 54 unique Bing searches every day would get you a little under 100,000 points per year.

Last edited:

Darsxx82

Varied -

1- I have an account with which I accumulate all the points until Christmas and BF arrive and I set a goal. A controller?, XSS? headset wireless?. I can accumulate $ 200 for those dates.

2-Then I have my main account and with it I accumulate for Gamepass Ultimate, to reduce the cost of games, DLCs... Games that I want to have in departure property can cost $ 20 less between the points they give away for their purchase and for the special tasks (6000 points for just playing it)

As I said in the other thread, I am surprised how little people know Rewards with the benefits and savings it means for the user only with 5-10 minutes a day.

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: Isa

Havoc2049

Microsoft Store gift cards and put them towards my Sea of Thieves Plunder Pass and Halo Battle Pass. Will also put the gift cards towards games, so I never pay full price for a game. I'll also get a free month of Gamepass Ultimate once or twice a year.

Isa

Gold Member
Oh man a whole bunch. I mainly just redeem them for MS Store value, and use that on games. I've gotten so many preorders and more that way lol, full price and max editions. I think its great, both MS and Nintendo's services keep me engaged that way, though obviously with MS its easier to get their Reward Points. Searches, Monthly and Weekly challenges, Gamepass also has points for doing certain things in games like killing so many enemies in Evil Within, weekly treasure, those game specific ones, spending a certain amount in the store during a sale etc. They all start to rack up quite quickly imo.

Looking through my history I've got like 250+ in gift card moolah this year, I've snagged a few games that way, a couple 3 month GP ultimate and a few sweepstakes that never seem to win lol. I try to tell my friend and his brothers to hop on the bandwagon cause they're always so broke, young married father's etc, and I'm like its so easy to just get in the habit but nah.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
You are way too smart for that to be complicated.
It's not that I'm incapable of understanding it. It's just that every time I've looked at it, it doesn't seem to make much financial sense. Seems to boil down to "spend a lot of time spinning your wheels for free fake money". My time is valuable. You're saying I can make an effort to use Bing 54 times every day (lol) and be given a $100 gift card at the end of the year for my efforts. I can download their app, spin some wheels or take some online quizzes or some shit to get more. Rotating punch cards. Different reward expiry dates. It's intentionally designed like a goddamn Rube Goldberg machine to keep you engaged. And if I stay on a streak I'll earn even more - meaning if I forget or am otherwise busy then I gotta start all over again. I'm not going to invest a lot of brain and willpower into their brand loyalty program.

Cool for those that take advantage of it though. I'll just stick with getting 0.001% off my purchases I guess.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
It's not that I'm incapable of understanding it. It's just that every time I've looked at it, it doesn't seem to make much financial sense. Seems to boil down to "spend a lot of time spinning your wheels for free fake money". My time is valuable. You're saying I can make an effort to use Bing 54 times every day (lol) and be given a $100 gift card at the end of the year for my efforts. I can download their app, spin some wheels or take some online quizzes or some shit to get more. And if I stay on a streak I'll earn even more - meaning if I forget or am otherwise busy then I gotta start all over again. I'm not going to invest a lot of brain and willpower into their brand loyalty program.

Cool for those that take advantage of it though. I'll just stick with getting 0.001% off my purchases I guess.

"A lot of time" is relative. Beyond Achieve More, Earn More (an achievement a day) and some of the Game Pass game quests, you can knock out all of the searches, quizzes and other activities in well under five minutes a day. That would put you in the neighborhood of 140,000 points per year. Totally get that everyone values their time different and it might not be worth yours, but it's not complicated.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I get a huge erection when I see that I have 5000 points.

Then I lose that erection when I see those points get me like a $1 xbox live gift card.

Schmick

It's not that I'm incapable of understanding it. It's just that every time I've looked at it, it doesn't seem to make much financial sense. Seems to boil down to "spend a lot of time spinning your wheels for free fake money". My time is valuable. You're saying I can make an effort to use Bing 54 times every day (lol) and be given a $100 gift card at the end of the year for my efforts. I can download their app, spin some wheels or take some online quizzes or some shit to get more. Rotating punch cards. Different reward expiry dates. It's intentionally designed like a goddamn Rube Goldberg machine to keep you engaged. And if I stay on a streak I'll earn even more - meaning if I forget or am otherwise busy then I gotta start all over again. I'm not going to invest a lot of brain and willpower into their brand loyalty program.

Probably takes no more than 10 mins to accumulate the maximum amount of daily reward points. I usually do during my lunch break or but sometimes when I'm taking a shit. I do make good use of the autofill in the Bing Search Box though to speed things up and I also use Windows Phone to speed up Bing Mobile Searches since I'm quicker with a physical keyboard.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Back in the early days of Bing: Xbox 360 games

These days: Steam games, CPU Cooler, M2 NVME Drive, PC Speakers, etc…

Might save up for a new PC case next.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Back in the early days of Bing: Xbox 360 games

These days: Steam games, CPU Cooler, M2 NVME Drive, PC Speakers, etc…

Might save up for a new PC case next.
Forgive my stupidity, you swap points for vouchers for other stores to get these things?

ReBurn

Gold Member
I'm loaded up with GPU until 2025 so I'll probably start auto converting them to store credit to buy some games.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
Vouchers for John Lewis that I put towards is Oculus Quest 2, sometimes games and now I might put towards a VRR TV.

Top Bottom