• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What classic games would you like to see get the 'Streets of Rage' treatment?

cormack12

Gold Member
So, the original streets of rage was always close to my heart on the Megadrive and I remember the first one so vividly thanks to that slapping soundtrack.

maxresdefault.jpg

sega-mega-drive-mini-streets-of-rage.png

So I downloaded Streets 4 from Gamepass and man this is fucking awesome, the art and everything

dims

preview-9cs.1024x576.jpeg

What other games would you like to see be reimagined this way? By lizardcube or someone else?

p3v1KQ.jpg

PrJxlN.jpg

Would love to see them make Alien 3 again

Alien-3-more-gameplay.jpg

or Robocop v Terminator

maxresdefault.jpg

Golden axe?

1f97b5d49483b2274268dcbeda78ebab.jpg

and GOAT

aladdin-game-still-1024x646.png

Last edited:

GrayFoxPL

So, the original streets of rage was always close to my heart on the Megadrive and I remember the first one so vividly thanks to that slapping soundtrack.

maxresdefault.jpg

So I downloaded Streets 4 from Gamepass and man this is fucking awesome, the art and everything

dims

What other games would you like to see be reimagined this way? By lizardcube or someone else?

p3v1KQ.jpg

PrJxlN.jpg

or Robocop v Terminator

maxresdefault.jpg

Golden axe?

and GOAT

Tbh SOR4 and Wonder boy have similar cartoony animation style and I wouldn't want anything similar in Alien 3 or Robocop vs Terminator. Animation "deformations" would look awful in these imo.

Golden Axe, yeah, maybe but why Aladdin? It's kind of perfect visually as it is.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
My 16-bit favs:

Revenge of Shinobi
Shinobi III
Contra 3
Axelay

Only problem with these games is that they are short and can be plowed through in probably 20 minutes each. Streets of Rage 2 was a good choice because it's got variety in character selection and probably double the length, so you get some extra value out of it.

maxresdefault.jpg

dims

p3v1KQ.jpg

PrJxlN.jpg

or Robocop v Terminator

maxresdefault.jpg

Golden axe?

and GOAT

Streets of Rage 4 is OST of the year. It's in the running for my GOTY. I have 150 hours on it and still play it almost every day.

It's not just Lizardcube though, since it was multiple devs working together. Wonder Boy looked good but wasn't nearly the hit SoR4 was. On SoR Lizardcube worked with Dotemu and Guard Crush Games, who have experience with beat-em-ups.

Personally, I'd like to see them make Shadow Dancer 2.

uncleslappy

nethack is my favorite dark souls clone
To me, I loved the combo system more than the graphical update. It made the combat more fun and engaging. I feel like all beat-em-ups can benefit from a combo system.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
X-COM UFO Defense. Modern graphics, a bit of streamlining to the controls and UI, some balance to the tech tree and weapons, but otherwise just gimme the 1994 MicroProse X-COM game, ported to modern platforms.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

Shinobi is the obvious choice for me. Next to that, Castlevania. Not the fucking Metroidvanias thank you, no, akin to the classics.

Top Bottom