• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are your "Yoga" games?

.Pennywise

Banned
I've found myself so relaxed while playing Manor Lords. These type of games that you find to be just pure and absolute chill.
Also happened while trying Tetris Effect (and mind you, I'm no Tetris player).

So what are your Yoga games GAF?

Punished Miku

Gold Member
xAnXIT7.jpg

Got this on Switch for like $3 on sale. Probably put 30 hours into already just playing before I fall asleep. You just connect the numbers with lines. After a while though it does start getting pretty tricky.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I've been waxing lyrical about it in another thread so I'll just say it here as well:
MS Flight Sim 2020 - the discovery flights are so relaxing, just gliding over Bora Bora or Venice.
Also Supreme Commander - although that is more of a frantic clicking type of zen.

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
Resident Evil 1996, it's like zen meditation for me.

Skate Series, it's not as easy to go back to cause holy smokes, the FPS on PS3 is straight up brutal but they're all brilliant titles and damn fun to play.

Dragon Quest, not so much 7 cause it's such a slog but the series as a whole is so chill and if you grind excessively, there really isn't' much of a challenge. Just chill vibes and a nice colorful art style.

The Mass Effect trilogy, it's just so chill for me. Likely cause of the OST, it's so damn good and one of the few games that is equally as fun when you're walking around talking to people or engaged in a gun fight.

Elden Ring in coop, it can get frustrating in single player but in coop, I don't care how many times we die and have to start over, it's just so much fun and so much laughter due to what the game throws at you.

Last edited:
It used to be super Mario World 1 and 2. I can go through those in my sleep. Super Mario Kart as well, in that era.

GTA: San Andreas.

Halo 1.

Latterly, Elden Ring. I just slap a podcast on and zone out.

Last edited:

KXVXII9X

Tetris Effect VR, Beat Saber, and Journey/Abzu, Konami Picross, Forza Horizon 5, Stray, and The Sims are just some examples.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Tony Hawk Pro Skater.
Like all of them.

Build a perfect park and vibe endlessly.

Recently the remake has me hooked cuz I can just chill high as fuck pulling off tricks endlessly.
The quick recover is a frikken godsend.
EGS_TonyHawksProSkater12_VicariousVisions_Editions_S2-1200x1600-727267cd47cc9f0b4122bb1d71b966db.jpg

P.S
I had the demo of Tony Hawk on Dreamcast.
And remember if your combo is still going the timer never ends.
I could playing that "2 minute" demo for literally hours.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
It used to be Steep. Loved carving down the slopes to chill out. Not sure if I have one now, but if I want to play something where I don't have to think it's usually Rocket League.

The Stig

Hardspace: Shipbreaker.

Fire it up, start a podcast in the background.

I r relax.

edit - manor lords looks interesting. how are you playing it? steam shows "coming soon"

Last edited:

LordOfChaos

It's strange, but while Race the Sun stresses many people I show it to out, it calms me down and puts me in a very focused state. It's like the speed is perfect for turning off all auxiliary thought, the perfect balm for ADHD.

Probably the most hours I've gotten out of what I think was like 5 bucks on sale

This might be a slightly controversial answer but most Ubisoft formula games, especially the Assassins Creed series, are like comfort food to me. I know that a ton of people dislike this about them, but after a while it truly hit me how relaxed I feel about 90% of the time when playing an AC game or a Watch Dogs game.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Powerwash Simulator

Tetris Effect Connected on Quest 2 also. With headphones the world just disappears.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I was going to post this.

Though not really "classic". I prefer a modern engine that allows the game to run at 240fps, my monitor's native rate. Looks very smooth, clean and relaxing this way.
Same for me, GZDOOM is my sourceport of choice. Just disable that silly texture filtering to be able to properly taste those chunky sprites. So good.

I just went with "classic" to differentiate it from 2016's DOOM.

Last edited:
Top Bottom