• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are your thoughts on an older Peter Parker/Spider-Man for a new live-action Spider-Man movie?

I think it would be interesting to see a new trilogy of live-action Spider-Man movies where Peter Parker/Spider-Man is in his mid-to-late thirties and married to MJ. He's still fighting crime in the streets of the New York but he's much more experienced and possibly even someone like Ben Reilly, the Scarlet Spider, is introduced. What do you think? Or should live-action Spider-Man continue to be portrayed as a young man?

Last edited:

NeoGiffer

tenor.gif

Pagusas

Elden Member
Married Peter and MJ is all I've ever wanted but no chance it happens at this point. Only chance of older Peter is more BS over-the-hill loser takes like into the spider-verse.

Would it end with Parker's radioactive sperm killing MJ?

Last edited:

teezzy

Banned
Spidey comics were one of my first nerd loves. I have so many long boxes just full of issues with the beloved webhead.

With that said, I can't stand kid Spider-Man, and apart from Into the Spiderverse, every post-Raimi movie has been trash (save for Emma Stone as Gwen... meeeooowww)

I want Spider-Man that can fuck, basically. GImme him and Black Cat rolling around, french kissing in tight outfits plz.

teezzy

Banned
Would it end with Parker's radioactive sperm killing MJ?

You know what? It's not what people would want out of a superhero movie, but something like this played out as just a slice of life drama would be so much more compelling than the bullshit they churn out.

Give me 'Marriage Story' but with Spider-Man instead.

Saber

Gold Member
Anything would be better than the Spider we have now. Frankly, I see nothing in this Tom Holand. Really, I gave it a try like 3 times already but didn't find the guy interesting neither funny. He is just better than the last Spider-man, but only just.

If anything I'm fine with an older Spider-man because would spare me of these new young boring generation of actors.

Fbh

That would be great. Even as a kid I used to prefer the stories in which Peter was older and more experienced instead of his early years.

That phase was fine for the first movie adaptations but now we have had 3 separate takes on young Peter, it's time for a change.

The current Marvel ones (a.k.a "The highschool adventures of Iron Man Jr") suck anyway, so I'd be down for something different.

Last edited:
Top Bottom