• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are your thoughts at the ramifications of Jedi Fallen Orders success?

SinDelta

Jedi Fallen Order and its wide success looks to be creating a big shift you normally don't see with a single game.

Besides having Jedi Fallen Order 2 in the works.

You have Dragon Age 4 moving back to a single player focus again.

And now a full Dead Space 1 remake that looks to be on the scale of Resident Evil Remake 1/2, Shadow of the Colossus and Demon Souls.

Damn, thanks Jedi Fallen Order (if this all actually pans out.)

Last edited:
Feels like we're just going to keep going around in this circle. They'll go back to multiplayer when they see some flops.

I expect Ubisoft to do the same whenever they get their act together.

Last edited:

SinDelta

That seems like a stretch, to attribute that all to SWFO
Maybe. It could always backfire, given this is EA we are talking about. I've seen articles going on about Fallen Orders success in spite of being a single player game vs FIFA or some multiplayer focused game(excuse me while I vomit) and EA taking note of that. I think it does look like the beginning of something though I probably am jumping the gun here.

Last edited:

martino

if ea produce content i'm interest in with no mtx crap , gaas or something in the like they will get my money.
It's as simple as that.
And it seems ea see my money a little more than previous years lately.

Last edited:

kiphalfton

Maybe. It could always backfire, given this is EA we are talking about. I've seen articles going on about Fallen Orders success in spite of being a single player game vs FIFA or some multiplayer focused game(excuse me while I vomit) and EA taking note of that. I think it does look like the beginning of something though I probably am jumping the gun here.
Nothing wrong with that, but I think it's giving EA too much credit. I think may just be a coincidence, especially after how badly Anthem crashed and burned, and capitalizing on the Dead Space IP before the original creator does with the Callisto Protocol.

Last edited:
It means I can actually believe EA when they say Dead Space won't have microtransactions. I sure didn't believe them when they said it about Fallen Order, but they followed through.

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
OP, I think it will change the course of human history. In many ways, I think we will remember the release of 'Jedi Fallen Order' as a watershed moment, heralding a new age for humankind. It's exciting to have been able to see it firsthand, and I'll never forget mashing X to kill things. I knew nothing would be the same after that.

Jedi Fallen Order and its wide success looks to be creating a big shift you normally don't see with a single game.

And now a full Dead Space 1 remake that looks to be on the scale of Resident Evil Remake 1/2, Shadow of the Colossus and Demon Souls.

Concerning Dragon Age 4. Been wanting to jump into DA 2 and others after it, but I looked up that Tapestry thing, and hated it. Do we really have to use that if we want all our decisions carried over to inquisition? Is it still possible to? How will it work from Origins to 4?

See if people vote with their wallet the game's company will listen. We can voice our displeasure all we want but they will only change if it hit their bottom line.

SLB1904

Banned
fallen order 2 will probably get a better budget too. the first one feels like something that was made with pocket change.
the success of the first one was something ea wasn't expecting. idiots

Last edited:

Fbh

It's nice to see EA investing in single player games again.
Really enjoyed Fallen Order and I hope we get a sequel from Respawn, and the Dead Space remake should be great too.

Multiplayer or not though, Dragon Age 4 will still suck.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Concerning Dragon Age 4. Been wanting to jump into DA 2 and others after it, but I looked up that Tapestry thing, and hated it. Do we really have to use that if we want all our decisions carried over to inquisition? Is it still possible to? How will it work from Origins to 4?
If you don't want to do it in game you can also use this site: DA Keep

My opinion: I absolutely, positively, totally, enjoyed my time with DA:I. Near 200 hours playing the game. I liked it so much more than any other the other games in the series.
If you like free form adventure, large meandering zones that you can scour for treasure and fights, this game is brilliant. The DLC is also mostly (90% of it) fantastic and well worth playing.

To me at least, it felt like a return to form for Bio Ware. The story was great, the characters were great, and the fleshing out of the world and polish on that world was great.
Maybe it was just a coincidence and the stars aligned for me to like the game, I have fond memories!

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
It shows derivative games with famous IPs can sell.

If you don't want to do it in game you can also use this site: DA Keep

My opinion: I absolutely, positively, totally, enjoyed my time with DA:I. Near 200 hours playing the game. I liked it so much more than any other the other games in the series.
If you like free form adventure, large meandering zones that you can scour for treasure and fights, this game is brilliant. The DLC is also mostly (90% of it) fantastic and well worth playing.

To me at least, it felt like a return to form for Bio Ware. The story was great, the characters were great, and the fleshing out of the world and polish on that world was great.
Maybe it was just a coincidence and the stars aligned for me to like the game, I have fond memories!
Yeah that's what I remember from years ago. Hating that damn website when it was not needed between Dragon Age origins and Dragon age 2. Was there something wrong with that system?

SinDelta

I used the tapestry. It was rather straightforward in making the decisions. Now the mobile game that was related to it, I avoided.

Barakov

Hopefully, it sent the message to the GAAS enthusiasts at EA that people still want and will buy single player games. Sometimes you can make and save more money by putting out a single player experience that people will one and done instead of some half-assed MP mode that you shove into a single player game where which you tack a battle pass onto.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I have my issues with the game (mainly that it's rather janky and feels a bit unfinished), but I'm very happy if its success leads to more games like it (including an improved sequel). Bring it.

Last edited:

MrFunSocks

Banned
I'm not seeing the connection between any of those games lol.

Single player games don’t sell…….
Most don't. When are the single player fans going to stop pointing to the exceptions as if they're the rule? Any game with the Star Wars brand on it is going to sell. Any game with the Spider Man brand on it is going to sell. Those are exceptions to the rule.

Last edited:

elliot5

I think it's great. I enjoyed Fallen Order and it was a resounding success in my eyes for such a pivot from Respawn. Moving from Source for Titanfall and Apex to Unreal Engine, a new IP, new genre, etc. Overall good stuff.

Personally, I've never been part of the "EA bad!!" circlejerk. Yeah they floundered a bit with things like battle log in BF3 and I didn't like premium passes, and sim city was a flop, but I really like their current direction.

Ea originals with Hazelight (It Takes Two, A Way Out) and the Unraveled series, now Lost In Random and others look great.

I enjoyed BFV and BF2042 looks like a MASSIVE leap in the right direction. Portal looks fantastic. Can't wait for the beta.

Apex was shadow dropped and super innovative and has been well supported. Arguably the best BR on the market.

Knockout City is great fun and launching on EA Play base tier was genius. Would love for it to go F2P fully in the future, though.

Single player games on the horizon like Dragon Age and rebooting Dead Space is great.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition looks good and I'll play the series FINALLY... Soon. New Mass Effect on the horizon, too.

Battlefront 2 was very well supported and overblown with the pride and accomplishment meme. Squadrons was also a pretty solid entry with no BS.

If Fallen Order proved the model can work in tandem with service games and sports shit then I'm here for it.

Last edited:
Ramifications implies a negative aspect. I don’t personally believe anything negative will happen after Fallen Order’s success, but it’s too early too tell if it will have a big impact on EA’s business model. We’re getting three games. They used to make dozens.

Corgi1985

Banned
Sad to see such mediocrity sell so well. The game has no identity of it's own. It steals everything from other games but does it worse. The souls thing with the mediation points suck (no fast travel kills this game) and the combat feels awful. The third person climb discolored ledges thing is tired as fuck. Fighting animals is boring. The main character is boring. The story is barely there and paced badly. Nothing about this game stands out. There are no ramifications for this game because it's the same tired shit that the industry has been pushing out for 10 years. 2/10.

what are you talking about? these are a couple of exceptions ea still a piece of shit company nothing changed those games are not even out we didn't even see any footage

fuck konami too
Yeah, I was about to say.

Aren't they charging for next gen versions upgrades for games by quite a significant amount?

Its EA. The top management will find a way to fuck over their audience no matter how much the devs in the company try to attain goodwill with gamers.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
am i the minority here, that the game isnt that fun? im playing with the highest difficulty though.
Enemy should be difficult which I understand but they tend to kill you in 2 hits or something, pretty repetitive.

I think the AI is kinda stupid and they tend to stuck in some places.

CitizenZ

Banned
fallen order 2 will probably get a better budget too. the first one feels like something that was made with pocket change.
the success of the first one was something ea wasn't expecting. idiots

So Respawn, a top 10 dev in the World, was given limited budget on a top 3 named entertainment franchise. Ok.

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
So Respawn, a top 10 dev in the World, was given limited budget on a top 3 named entertainment franchise. Ok.
Dude i play that game. Buggy mess. Character animates like is wearing diaper. Yeah that was made with pocket change. I play the game last week mind you. Probably after bunch of patches and on ps5 can't even imagine how that things runs on ps4.

Justin9mm

I'm currently playing Fallen Order, PS5 Version playing on performance mode. I'm quite a ways through it and the whole way through I'm thinking about how rough around the edges this looks, the animations and graphical fidelity is B tier. I have been enjoying it although very repetitive but man does it look rough and also buggy as fuck. Can't imagine how it played on release and or on base PS4 console.

I don't know what it is but something feels off about it, I think it needed a lot more cooking time.

What was the budget on this thing?

Top Bottom