• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are your favourite YouTube channels?

S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
It's always good to get new recommendations and I've been looking for more channels to binge-watch. I have basically exhausted all of the content on the channels I enjoy watching.

Nexpo

A channel that covers internet mysteries, mostly. The only problem with his channel is the guy doesn't upload enough. His videos are well worth the wait, and he always puts great effort in to production value. I would highly recommend the 'Disturbing Things' series. Plenty of content to enjoy.

Mystic

By far the best PlayStation channel out there. Very likeable guy that covers a variety of topic, and has some great documentary type videos covering the past launches of consoles (These are my favourite of his).

Internet Historian

Hilarious guy that makes some of the funniest videos you will find. He covers history in such an amusing way, all of his videos are a great watch.

Dead Meat

A must-watch for any horror fan. Especially his Kill Count series.

Last edited by a moderator:

finowns

I like wranglerstar, lockpickinglawyer, and project farm, project farm tests everything from batteries to tape to shop vacs, finding the best product; awesome resource.

finowns

Also I watch various sports, finance, and politics channels. And I watch pewdiepie frequently; YouTube took down his latest diss video.

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Too many to mention but the one that I will call out is Audiotree. They do live performances of bands and release them as albums. They interview the artists between songs too if you watch the full stream. Here's an example:

stuminus3

Get some BitHead1000 in your lives. If not for the cool console mods and denim jacket paintings then for the hours upon hours of a tired and dejected middle aged man ranting in his garden shed at 3 in the morning.

INC

The doc
Inthemix
Alex steele
UKF
Artfx
SeamlessR
Chris stuckman
Jackfrags
Stodeh
Tested
The dodo
Ravic
Suspectsky
Robbaz

None. I used to watch Kyle Hill, physics girl, motogp, and a few others but fucking ads every few minutes pissed me off to the point that I haven't even looked at youtube in months. I might fire it up when the GT World Challenge races start again but if I see 1 ad then I'm out.

INC

None. I used to watch Kyle Hill, physics girl, motogp, and a few others but fucking ads every few minutes pissed me off to the point that I haven't even looked at youtube in months. I might fire it up when the GT World Challenge races start again but if I see 1 ad then I'm out.

Use opera gx, it plays 1 ad the start, and none through it, easier to digest

NahaNago

Mine would have to be:
  • the angry joe show ( I enjoy the comedy)
  • beyond the trailer( I like her personality so she is good for movie news updates but ignore her reviews since she loves identity politics, so she is super blindly supportive of anything female led these days and anything of color)
  • spawnwave ( I watch for gaming news and the whole group get together on the weekend)
  • mbg ( i just enjoy his news updates as well)
  • TCMFGamesOFFICIAL (I like these videos since they are a bit shorter with the game news and more specific)
  • forneverworld ( I go to this guy for my anime news and I like his personality. Seems like someone I would see at a anime convention)
  • Tyronemagnus ( he is usually a funny videos reaction guy but I tend to watch him more for his pop culture fandom opinions)
  • comics explained ( My go to for comic lore. He has a silky smooth voice and pleasant personality)
  • RGT 85 ( my go to for mostly nintendo news fun quirky personality)
  • arlo ( another Nintendo focused news channel. The host is a puppet and the show is amusing)
These are pretty much my daily or whenever they release a video

My honorable mentions would be
  • Bellular news ( it feels like a official news report and is fun to watch. This is also gaming news)
  • gameexplain ( I know that this guy is cheap when paying his employees but I've gotten use to his Nintendo focused channel and I like the way content is released)
  • maximillian doood ( fighting game focused guy. Love his personality and generally just go to see him for his views and reactions. I suck at fighting games)
  • clownfish ( a couple that covers pop culture news mostly Disney focused)
  • Black Nerd Comedy ( I could have sworn he had a different name for his channel. Pretty much a black nerd who covers mainstream movie nerd stuff)
  • the night sky prince ( I use to go to him for final fantasy news but the ff7 remake killed my interest in final fantasy )
  • john campea ( a guy who covers movie news as well, annoys me since he is okay with any race or gender bending of long historied characters)
  • yellowflash 2 (covers pop culture drama. Style of speaking reminds me of someone who is hardcore religious but this would be his hobby)
  • thatumbrella guy (covers pop culture drama. It is weird since his style of voice/speaking is very clean and kind of feels like some old black and white tv show)

MastAndo

With the season starting soon, I'm on a baseball video kick lately. Jomboy has a bunch of great short videos with commentary/voice-over. I've been getting a kick out of them;

kamkamkam

I'm a weeb so here we go...

For background entertainment.​

Rambalac
This guy walks around japan filming. No added audio, no cuts. Describes his content as "Not a vlog, no intrusive faces or talking, pure Japan only."

Railway Live Camera
24/7 live camera of tokyo railways. Very cathartic for background noise/views.

For Lifestyle Content​

TkyoSam
As a curiosity, Tkyosam moved to Japan as a language teacher in 2008. He has been there ever since. Strange fellow though. One of the earliest youtubers I know.

Life Where I'm From
The Bob Ross of Japanese Youtube. High production values, interesting content. Very relaxing to watch.

KoreKara
Interviews people living in Japan. Discusses why they came, what they are doing and how they enjoy life in Japan.

Kid Shoryuken
Remember that guy you knew growing up, the one that liked fighting games? Especially if they were imports... Well this is him, all grown up. Kid Shoryuken works in Japan and spends his free time scouring arcades for rare cartridges. Want a game? Join his Patreon. He sends out packages of curated games from Japan.

For Japanese language learning, these two are great.

Dogen
First is Dogen, comedy and advanced speech tips.

Matt vs Japan
Second is Matt vs Japan, learned Japanese to near native level.... while living in Portland. Very disciplined, worthwhile for anyone who is learning a second language.

For Art​

AKIHITO YOSHITOMI
Manga artist that films his sketches. Fascinating to see his process.

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
ThatChapter, Lazy Masquerade, Shrouded Hand, Nexpo, MrBallen, and any of Simon Whistler's channels, but special mention goes to Business Blaze.

sCHOCOLATE

Active Self Protection - How to cover your ASP on the street.
ATHLEAN-X - Having a Cavaliere attitude can pay dividends.
AvE - Canadian craftsman with piss-your-pants funny commentary.
Best MOTORing official - Japan's Top Gear with 100% more Gunsai.
Breakfast Club Power 105.1 FM - Charlamagne Tha God and his band of merry men (and one woman).
Coding Secrets - Deep-dives into coding methods for several video games.
Crash the V8s - How to out-NASCAR NASCAR.
CultofBlackPhillip - Words of wisdom from the late comedian, Patrice O'Neal.
Donut Media - Mo' powah baby!
Engineering Explained - Investigation and explanation of many topics related to automotive engineering.
Jay Leno's Garage - Like him or hate him, he's got THE collection of cars.
jedrek555 - Road rally videos.
Khan Academy - Feed your brain.
LockPickingLawyer - No locked safe / No safe locked.
Mentour Pilot - Commercial airline pilot discusses aviation procedures and events.
Real World Police - Police body-camera footage.
Replay Burners - Video game playthroughs.
Sega Lord X - Video game historian.
The Critical Drinker - Movie critic with hilarious commentary.
The Jayleno Fly - Craig Ferguson's late-night legacy.

Dural

The Daily Woo - I've been following this guy for a couple years now, he has very similar interests to me (80s pop culture and Disney) so he's a fun daily watch for me

Micah Muzio - His Micah Flies videos are great

Premier 1 Driver - Always wanted to be a pilot, love these videos

DFB Guide - Big Disney fan, news and food info on the Disney parks

Yesterworld - Lot of videos investigating theme parks and movies of the past

Defucntland - Similar to Yesterworld, they're both great

Delish - The Iconic Eats series is great

KYD - I'd love to do this with my family. They have great production values and are very open about their travels.

ETA Prime - I'm sure lots on here already watch him, but ETA Prime is great for emulation related things

Effspot - If you like supercars it's a great watch, also some funny random shit he comes across like thieves in Beverly Hills

Donut Media - The Money Pit and High vs Low series in particular are great

Goonzquad - I love their builds

3D BotMaker - The announcers for the races are fantastic, lots of fun to watch with the kids

Cupcake Jemma - Their recipes are amazing

Bon Appetit - Lots of good stuff, I especially like the Gourmet Makes series

Lots more like Guga Foods and Sam the Cooking Guy that were already mentioned.

Last edited:

INC

One of the funniest music dudes on youtube, Eliminate, granted unless you make music, some of the humour is quite niche

Last edited:
I'm a weeb so here we go...

For background entertainment.​

Rambalac
This guy walks around japan filming. No added audio, no cuts. Describes his content as "Not a vlog, no intrusive faces or talking, pure Japan only."

Railway Live Camera
24/7 live camera of tokyo railways. Very cathartic for background noise/views.

For Lifestyle Content​

TkyoSam
As a curiosity, Tkyosam moved to Japan as a language teacher in 2008. He has been there ever since. Strange fellow though. One of the earliest youtubers I know.

Life Where I'm From
The Bob Ross of Japanese Youtube. High production values, interesting content. Very relaxing to watch.

KoreKara
Interviews people living in Japan. Discusses why they came, what they are doing and how they enjoy life in Japan.

Kid Shoryuken
Remember that guy you knew growing up, the one that liked fighting games? Especially if they were imports... Well this is him, all grown up. Kid Shoryuken works in Japan and spends his free time scouring arcades for rare cartridges. Want a game? Join his Patreon. He sends out packages of curated games from Japan.

For Japanese language learning, these two are great.

Dogen
First is Dogen, comedy and advanced speech tips.

Matt vs Japan
Second is Matt vs Japan, learned Japanese to near native level.... while living in Portland. Very disciplined, worthwhile for anyone who is learning a second language.

For Art​

AKIHITO YOSHITOMI
Manga artist that films his sketches. Fascinating to see his process.

Rambalac popped in my feed weeks ago and it's just fucking nuts watching his videos. As an eastern european Japan is like a different fucking universe. I hope I manage to visit it someday but expensive af :c

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
RedLetterMedia
Only in Japan
Abroad in Japan
Rambalac
Good Mythical Morning
Super GT
Ryukahr (SMM)
The Food Ranger

Last edited:
Top Bottom