• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are you looking forward to for the rest of the year?

Select the games you look forward to

• Age of Empires IV

Votes: 24 10.7%
  • Back 4 Blood

Votes: 30 13.4%
  • Battlefield 2042

Votes: 60 26.8%
  • Deathloop

Votes: 28 12.5%
  • Diablo 2 Resurrected

Votes: 60 26.8%
  • Dying Light 2: Stay Human

Votes: 41 18.3%
  • Far Cry 6

Votes: 43 19.2%
  • Final Fantasy XIV Endwalker

Votes: 12 5.4%
  • Flight Simulator

Votes: 27 12.1%
  • Forza Horizon 5

Votes: 64 28.6%
  • Guardians of the Galaxy

Votes: 21 9.4%
  • Halo Infinite

Votes: 86 38.4%
  • Horizon Forbidden West

Votes: 78 34.8%
  • Kena: Bridge of Spirits

Votes: 68 30.4%
  • Lost Judgment

Votes: 40 17.9%
  • Metroid Dread

Votes: 67 29.9%
  • NEO: The World Ends With You

Votes: 15 6.7%
  • Psychonauts 2

• Shin Megami Tensei V

Votes: 37 16.5%
  • Tales of Arise

• The Ascent

Votes: 38 17.0%
  • The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles

Votes: 26 11.6%
  • TMNT: Shredder's Revenge

Votes: 39 17.4%
  • Total War: Warhammer III

Votes: 7 3.1%

• Total voters

nerdface

Banned
I’ve been waiting on prodeus for a while, and afaik it drops on the switch this fall?

…also looking forward to D2 resurrected…if blizzard can survive that asshole from foh anyway.

Metroid dread, I guess. I’m getting tired of genres that force me to look for the videogame tho, and if there’s a hint mode like fusion, what’s the point anyway. Maybe if they make it a good shooter somehow.

Last edited:
Definite pile
The Ascent (looks dope and its on GamePass)
WWE 2k22 (as long as its not buggy, it sounds interesting)
Forza Horizon 5 (forza horizon 4 is great. I bet this will be great)
Metroid Dread (i liked Metroid Fusion)

maybe pile
Life is Strange Color bs (the original is good. so maybe if they can recapture some old magic)
Death Stranding Directors Cut. (not on launch. but maybe next year. As the game always looked boring to me, but i luv Kojima so i have to try)
Guardians of the Galxy (playing as only Starlord is stupid. This game has to get good reviews for me to think about it)
Horizon Forbidden West. (not now. maybe a year down the line. I didn't like the first game for like 4 years. Then for whatever reason it finally clicked with me just recently. Im about to beat it. Then i want to play the DLC. probably wont need that itch scratched again till holiday 2022)
Deathloop (if good reviews i will wait till its on GamePass in year.)

nah
Halo Infinite (i don't like any halo thing after Reach. 343 sucks)
BattleField 2042 (fool me once [BF1] shame on u. fool me twice [BF5] shame on me)

Fredrik

Honestly, a pretty down year for games.
You really think so? I think it’s great! Finished Ratchet yesterday (solid 9!), will jump into Flight Sim soon (92 on metacritic! needs to be experienced), then The Ascent a few days later (looks sooo cool!), then comes Kena (Pixar visuals!), Psychonauts 2 (Quirky!), Far Cry 6 (first one for me, really like the setting), Metroid Dread, (finally a new Metroid!), Forza Horizon 5 (looks so so good!), and the year is finishing with the juggernaughts Halo Infinite and Horizon Forbidden West. Just Awesome! 10 games for the second half of the year! 👍

And I still have FF7R Intergrade, Biomutant and Returnal left to finish from first half of the year. All in the 7-9 range for me.

All in all I think this is going to be a fantastic year! 👌

mxbison

Definitely:
The Ascent
Kena
Horizon FW

Probably because included in sub:

Forza 5
AoE 4
Halo

Maybe:
Deathloop
Dying Light 2
Far Cry 6
Diablo 2

For me one of the weakest first years in a gen I can remember.

I was able to get a preorder for a Switch OLED so I’ll be getting that and Metroid Dread and that’ll be my gaming budget for the rest of the year. No new games besides that. With the way Switch games are priced that’s probably the only game I’ll own on it for next year anyways. Hell I’m vaguely tempted to scalp the damn thing but I’m probably too lazy.

Might try out Halo Infinite’s campaign with a Gamepass trial. I’m a pretty big No More Heroes fan, but 3 just doesn’t have me excited at all so I’ll probably wait and see how that is.

Mr Hyde

Metroid Dread
Death Stranding
Diablo 2
Horizon FW

Those are the only ones I'm aiming for, unless something exciting gets announced for the later half of the year.

junguler

Banned
i'm looking forward to being able to play easy anti cheat games on linux, thanks to steam deck and proton. i'm not a multiplayer kind of guy anymore but my nephew is going to appreciate it very much. i could have dual booted just for those games but i didn't want to deal with the hassle of having to re start every time and frankly i had enough of windows's bullshit and didn't want to deal with it anymore.

klosos

Lost Judgement - Hopefully its as good as Judgement, one of the top three games of Last Generation
Diablo 2 Resurrected - I great game , i haven't played the original for over a decade, i cant wait to Platinum this on PS5

AJUMP23

Gold Member

Age of Empires IV

Flight Simulator

Forza Horizon 5

Metroid Dread

Halo Infinite

TMNT: Shredder's Revenge

These are the ones that have me piqued. I will probably play some others too, but I haven't seen anything else yet.

​​​​

small_law

I'm so glad Metroid got announced for this year. I still have to get to Ratchet and Clank and Returnal, but I feel like it along with a few others I want rounds out the list nicely.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Halo Infinite
The Ascent
Far Cry 6
Dying Light 2
Kena: Bridge of Spirits
Horizon II: Forbidden West

Shakka43

Horizon 2: FW, Dying Light 2 and Metroid Dread are day ones for me.

Kena is probably week one but I'm still debating between Ultrawide PC vs Dualsense PS5.

Last edited:

Phase

Sometime this year I'm going to back to play a couple of old games for nostalgia's sake. Policenauts on PS1, and the original Call of Duty.

The Ascent
is almost out. Also looking forward to buying and playing Ender Lilies: Quietus of the Knights and MotorStorm: Pacific Rift (PS3). For games that aren't out yet I'm hoping to play The Drifter, Unmetal, and Crowsworn if they're released this year.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Another game I'm really looking forward thats coming this year but has no solid release date.
Relayer_05-23-21.jpg

JoeBudden

Battlefield 2042
Halo Infinite
Horizon Forbidden West

Other games: Far Cry 6, Kena Bridge of Spirits, Back 4 Blood all depend on how well they perform critically.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Diablo 2 resurrected
Was my childhood game. The best arpg around.
Can't afford it at launch. That's fine to see if they only polished the beta content and the rest is like Warcraft 3 reforged.

Halo infinite
Because its Halo.

My copy of 13 Sentinels to arrive.

A couple of game soundtracks (my first time buying them).

Not really looking forward for games coming out this year, except maaaaybe Tales of Arise and Super Robot Wars 30. I'm much more looking forward to next year with KoF XV and Elden Ring.

Last edited:

NahaNago

Only a few games. The shin megami game V game, tales of arise maybe, and definitely that tmnt game. The look of the main character in Arise is the one that I dislike the most. Plus his love interest looks like so many other anime heroines that although she looks amazing she looks boring at the same time.

Games I'm curious about would be Kena, guardians of the galaxy, and the age of empires 4. Kena's last video of gameplay kind of cooled me down on the game. Guardians of the galaxy looks interesting and almost fun but I'm still not quite sold on it. I need to see a bit more of age of empires 4. AoE4 just seems a bit off to me from what I've seen for a 2021 pc game. I kind of wanted to be impressed visually.

Caio

Halo Infinite
Forza Horizon 5
Far Cry6
Battlefield 2042
Deathloop
Dying Light 2 : Stay Human

GuinGuin

Banned
This year I'm going to try to finish Rift Apart, Ghost of Tsushima Directors Cut, Returnal, and Death Stranding Directors Cut. That's after I beat Assassin's Creed Odyssey so I probably won't get to them all. Year is nearly over already. 😳

Oh didn't see that news, I thought it was going to be something like 2K wrecked it even worse somehow. :messenger_tears_of_joy:
for about 20 years the game comes out in Oct/Nov. and they always do the big blow out of a reveal during Summerslam.
well, they showed a trailer. With a March 2022 release date

Kagey K

Banned
Most of the big ones I was waiting for are already out, just Forza and Halo left.

Tales of Arise will go on my Xmas wish list for the big holiday discount as well as possibly Guardians of the Galaxy and Battlefield.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Metroid and SMT V. Maybe Diablo II too, and that TMNT game looks fun.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I definitely want SMTV because the artstyle looks fantastic and it’s been a while since SMTIV came out. I personally like SMT more than I like the Persona games. I have my English repo of SMT2 that I like a lot.

Diablo 2
Battlefield/CoD sound good
I thought about getting Deathloop due to the cool aesthetics.
Metroid Dread because I own all the games and enjoy them.
Halo Infinite - I played each one around launch. Waited in the cold for several hours for H2 back in the day.

then comes January☺️

Top Bottom