• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What, are you listening to?

kretos

Banned

giphy.gif

S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
Still feel awkward listening to this because of the lyrics and content, but it's catchy.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Manchester Orchestra did a live version of their amazing album A Black Mile to the Surface to help (I assume) help announce their next release:

Top 10 greatest album material for me personally.

This song specifically is so fucking good. I could listen to this over and over ad naseum

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Rebecca Black - Girlfriend

yes, that Rebecca Black known for the awful Friday song back in 2011. you wouldn't know it was her just by listening to it. the song gives me strong Carly Rae Jepsen/Katy Perry vibes. i really hope we get more from her. I've been listening to this song for days and it's so catchy.

she also did a remix of Friday with Dorian Electrca + 3oh3 for the 10 year anniversary of the original.

Can I post a couple songs from a band I used to be in 20 years ago?

First one is an acoustic rock one in 6/8 called Truth Lies Here. Really proud of my playing in this one. Only a few things with my playing I would clean up which is a first :messenger_tongue:

Second one is called Hunter and it's more up tempo with electric guitars. Was written about a classmate and friend who died before we started our final year of highschool. Not happy with my time keeping in this one. I speed up too much in parts and a lot of the fills are too sloppy. This one in 4/4.

Final one is called 18-32 and is probably close to my favourite of all the songs we wrote. In 6/8 like Truth Lies here. I think the guitarist and chief songwriter might have been seeing a 32 year old girl at the time, hence the nomenclature

I perform lead percussion in all the tracks

Also, recording in an actual recording studio is a very nerve wracking experience!

Last edited:
Top Bottom