• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are you going to create in Dreams ?

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
So .. what is your dream ?

For me I will re-create a game I love I cant say the name but the there is a flak jacket everywhere :)

please share us your dream

QOC61Z8.gif

Enjay

Banned
A stack of pancakes but since I'm not on the development team it won't look as good as the things this game has been flaunting. :messenger_winking:

Flak jackets? You're gonna take a crack at remaking shadowrun?

Last edited:

Moogle11

Banned
Probably nada.

if I get it at all OT will be like the Mario Maker games for me where I just play others‘ creations. I’m not a creative person at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
A stack of pancakes but since I'm not on the development team it won't look as good as the things this game has been flaunting. :messenger_winking:

Flak jackets? You're gonna take a crack at remaking shadowrun?

lol
nah man not shadowrun .. I will remake Syphon Filter hehehe

Griffon

I'd rather use an easier to use real game creation tool and actually get paid for my work.

Last edited:

Miles708

Probably a collections of improbable monstrosities and some basic game logic, hopefully a simple 5-seconds jazzy loop if I'm in a particularly good mood.
Mash them all together, pretend it's a game, laugh at that shameful display and start all over again.

I'd rather use an easier to use real game creation tool and actually get paid for my work.
While I can agree on the second point, I'd like info about an easier to use tool, because I'm dumb with these things and I need all the help I can find.

Last edited:

Griffon

While I can agree on the second point, I'd like info about an easier to use tool, because I'm dumb with these things and I need all the help I can find.

As I understand it, Dreams has really weird and unwieldy programming interface that's pretty damn slow to use if you want to make anything interesting.
On the other hand Unity is a fully featured editor with all the bells and whistles easily available and very well documented.

I suppose you could start here https://learn.unity.com/course/getting-started-with-unity

edit: of course Unity isn't the only good game making tool around, you have stuff like RPG Maker, Game Maker, and plenty of other lesser known ones (roblox is a thing too).

Last edited:

Psykodad

Banned
As I understand it, Dreams has really weird and unwieldy programming interface that's pretty damn slow to use if you want to make anything interesting.
Curious as to what you mean by this. Because Dreams is rather intuitive and easy to use, if you ask me.

Although it definitely isn't as documented as other editors.

Last edited:

Psykodad

Banned
With today's Creation Update in mind, with a heads up from MediaMolecule that it could possibly cause issues to creations made during Early Access, we worked our asses off to get our playable demo out before the update arrived.

We needed to tone down a lot of stuff in for optimisation, from graphical fidelity to animations and programming, to make it run acceptable on base PS4, but I think it turned out alright.

Be sure to check it out if you buy Dreams. Lol

Last edited:

Shmunter

Curious, do creations get a maturity rating? What’s stopping some adults only sexy time content being put out there? Or high level violence etc?

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
Curious, do creations get a maturity rating? What’s stopping some adults only sexy time content being put out there? Or high level violence etc?
General Playstation service rules apply, so if you do that, your account will be banned including all the games you bought.

Top Bottom