• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are the games you have tripple dipped.

I have bought the GTA games several times. Especially the original 3D trilogy.

I have owned 3, Vice City and San Andreas on PS2, PS4 and Steam.

Guess who's about to buy them again soon with the remastered ones? Time to quadruple dip.

Embarrassed Daddys Home GIF by St. Vincent

I think Skyrim is the only triple dip I’ve made.
Original 360
the Pc box set with Elderscrolls 1-5
then Skyrim came with my PS VR

Banjo64

cumsessed
Skyrim - PS3 (platted), 360, Xbox One, Switch.

GTA V - 360, Xbox One, PS4.

Plenty of double dips, they’re the only trips I can think of.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
triple or more:
Half-Life 2
Gears of war 1,2,3
Max Payne 1 and 2
All Dark Souls games
Saints row 3
Uncharted 4
Chronicles of riddick
The Darkness
Call of Duty 2,
Modern Warfare
and some more. That's enough

If it's a game I really like that ends up on both Ps4 and Switch I double dip, but those are the only two consoles I can do that with because they are what I have. I do not have an xbox console, but if I did I would triple dip under the same rules.

I mentioned it recently in another topic here, but I would go all in for remaster ports of the FF13 trilogy and Xenosaga trilogy if they were on PS4, PS5, and Nintendo Switch.

fart town usa

Gold Member
The following I know for certain

Resident Evil Remake (GCN, PS3, PS4)
Resident Evil Zero (GCN, PS3, PS4)
Resident Evil 2 (PSX x2, PSN, N64, Game.com)
Resident Evil 1996 (Saturn, PSX x2)
Resident Evil 4 (Wii x2, GCN, PS2, PS3 x2 NA/Japan release, iPad too, lol)
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (classic) (PSN, PSX x2)
Resident Evil 5 (US, Japanese Gold version, PS4 version)
Resident Evil: Code Veronica X (PS2 x2, PS3 NA/Japan, PS4 (though it's the inferior PS2 PAL release))
Resident Evil Revelations (Revelaitons version on 3DS, Wii U, PS3)

I'm sure there are others but can only think of double dipped, not triple dipped.

edit - Holy shit, that totals up to 35 times. iPad and Game.com technically don't count so taking out the initial purchase of each title, I've rebought various RE titles 24 times, and that doesn't even count the games in the series that I've bought twice or once. I've probably bought RE titles upwards of 40 times in my life, lol. Never really thought about the overall totals prior to this thread. Thanks OP, I know realize that I'm a huge fucking nerd because of you!
arnold schwarzenegger predator GIF

Last edited:

TrueLegend

The following I know for certain

Resident Evil Remake (GCN, PS3, PS4)
Resident Evil Zero (GCN, PS3, PS4)
Resident Evil 2 (PSX x2, PSN)
Resident Evil 1996 (Saturn, PSX x2)
Resident Evil 4 (Wii x2, GCN, PS2, PS3 x2 NA/Japan release, iPad too, lol)
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (classic) (PSN, PSX x2)
Resident Evil 5 (US, Japanese Gold version, PS4 version)
Resident Evil: Code Veronica X (PS2, PS3 NA/Japan, PS4 (though it's the inferior PS2 PAL release))
Resident Evil Revelations (Revelaitons version on 3DS, Wii U, PS3)

I'm sure there are others but can only think of double dipped, not triple dipped.
Lol Capcom Sends their Regards

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
GTA v ps3, xbox one, pc (2 weeks before it went free on epic games)

I think the most I've done is double. Fallout 3 and NV on X360 and PC. Fallout 4 on Xbone and PC. Prime Trilogy on the Wii, GTAV on X360 and XBone, Wind Waker on CG/WiiU and I think that's about it. Usually I'm fine to just go back and play the old version on the old console.

So many. Final Fantasy 1-12, Resident Evil 0-4, most Marios, several Zeldas, Lunar, Demon's Souls, Dark Souls 1 and 2, Bloodborne. I could probably list dozens more.

Twilight princess, off the top of my head. Though the wii u one is still sealed.

Lots of double dipping on the level of george costanza lol but not much triple dipping.

GodofWhimsy

• Bloodborne - 5 times

• Resident Evil 4 - 3 times

• Fable 3 - 4 times (I have no idea why)

• Fallout 3 - 5 or 6 times

There's more, but that's just off the top of my head...

*EDIT* Aaaaaaand, I didn't read OP's description and mistakes this for play throughs. My bad.

Last edited:

Naked Lunch

Metal Gear Solid 1 (PS1 original release, PS1 MGS Collection DVD style box, PS3 digital, PS3 included with MGS Collection)

Metal Gear Solid 2 (PS2 original release, Substance version, MGS Collection PS2, Xbox version, MGS Collection on PS3 and 360, digital MGS Collection for XB1/XSX)

Metal Gear Solid 3 (PS2 original release, Red Box Subsistance verison, MGS Collection PS2, MGS Collection on PS3 and 360, digital MGS Collection for XB1/XSX)

Worth every penny and I would buy them all over again if I had the chance.

LostDonkey

Not many in 30 years or so of gaming.

Battlefield 4. PC, Xbox One, PS4.

Destiny 2. PS4/5, Xbox One/seriesX, PC

Rise of the Tomb Raider. Xbox One, PS4, PC

Maybe a couple more but all I think of right now

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Never, but I double dipped a few times because of the goddamn comfiness of Nintedo Switch. Games like Hyper Light Drifter or Hollow Knight are played so well on portable that I had to do it.

rubenburgt

I'm not sure if this one will count, but all the N64 Zelda games.

* The original Nintendo 64 version.
* The zelda compilation disc for the GameCube.
* The 3ds version.

Last edited:

Onironauta

MGS3 - original PS2, Subsistence PS2, HD Collection PS3

I got the Subsistence version for free, i don't normally buy games multiple times

Last edited:

Thebonehead

Banned
Couple of Quadruple dips
GTA V (360, Xbox One, PS4, PC)
Minecraft (PC, 360, Xbox, Switch)

And a triple
Skyrim (360, Xbox One, PC)

KillaJamm

Only Resident Evil 4, Gamecube on release day, then on the 360 and finally on the Xbox One. About to be quadruple dipped tomorrow as I'll be hopping back in VR.

Last edited:

BlackTron

Ikaruga. Discovered it around 2003 burning import Dreamcast games to check out what I missed.

Bought it on Gamecube when it came out.

Then on PC.

Then on Switch because the idea of being able to turn the system sideways for an arcade aspect ratio was too cool.

Now they have a physical copy but dammit I've bought it too many times...

I bought Demon's Souls back when it was only available as an Asian import, because everybody said it would never get a Western release. Then it got an American release, and I got that, since everybody said it would never get an European release. Then it got an European release after all, and I thought I might as well get that one, too.

Got Platinum trophies in all three, too.

Top Bottom