• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are some top recommended Nintendo Switch games that are not Nintendo IPs?

levyjl1988

Banned
Looking for some Switch games that are NOT Nintendo IPs.
I'm always seeing the typical Legend of Zelda, Mario, Animal Crossing, etc hitting top lists for Switch games, but what are some top recommended Switch games that are not Nintendo IPs?

Robb

Gold Member
What are you looking for? Any genres?

There are a lot of games to list otherwise and it might be easier to just go to Metacritic and sort on the highest rated titles if you’re not sure what’s out there.. Or maybe google the question and I’m sure you’ll find a list.

ParaSeoul

People get Nintendo for Nintendo
George Costanza Seinfeld GIF

Last edited:
like what do you want? 3rd party exclusives?....even in other consoles they barely exist nowadays, but for Switch there's SMTV, Monster Hunter Stories 1-2, Bayonetta 1-3

for multiplats there's The Witcher 3, Diablo 3, Dragon's Dogma, Skyrim, Ninja Gaiden series, Assassin's Creed series, Ys series

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Alien Isolation.

Most games to get on Switch are primarily Nintendo IPs. Most other games are generally better on PC.

Kikorin

Some suggestions based on what I played:

A.I.: The Somnium Files - awesome visual novel with some puzzle sections, sequel is coming this summer.

Deadly Premonitions 2 - if you don't mind the jankiness and single digit framerate in the city, great sequel to the first Deadly Premonitions (that is on Switch too)

No More Heroes 3 - last game in the series and by far the best one

Diablo III - probably one of the most impressive port on Switch right now

Monster Hunter Rise - my favourite game in the series

Demon X Machina - underrated, but great game

Dragon Quest XI - one of the best JRPG I played and great port

Top Bottom