• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are best "dad games" for the Steam deck?

Cyberpunkd

Started playing Shipbreaker, it's incredibly satisfying having to disassemble a ship and scrap it for cash.

Lawn Mover simulator
Forklift simulator
Snowrunner
Powerwash Simulator

What are your recommendations?

Last edited:
RWClFzL.jpg

iZkp6MW.jpg

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Started playing Shipbreaker, it's incredibly satisfying having to disassemble a ship and scrap it for cash.

Lawn Mover simulator
Forklift simulator
Snowrunner
Powerwash Simulator

I mean don't people call Destiny the ultimate "Dad game" I assume because like the above it's just constant repetitive action where very little is happening and you don't need to pay close attention to do anything.

Joking aside, Dave the Diver is very relaxing I find. Love me power wash simulator though.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

I mean don't people call Destiny the ultimate "Dad game" I assume because like the above it's just constant repetitive action where very little is happening and you don't need to pay close attention to do anything.

Joking aside, Dave the Diver is very relaxing I find. Love me power wash simulator though.
Dad games are chill; definitely not what Destiny is going for. Plus they should be relaxing instead of endless grind.

Cyberpunkd

There's a new "Snowrunner" Game that came out couple of days ago called Expeditions: A Mudrunner Game. Reviews are mixed, though.

Did you try the Farming Simulators? They're hugely popular and well-received. Farming Simulator 22 is quite cheap for instance.
Good catch, didn't try them yet. I tried Lawn Moving Simulator on my PS5, had lot of fun.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Is there a good scuba diving game on Steam? That would be an excellent Dad game.

Edit:

Haven't played it, but if it's anything like Nintendo's Endless Ocean series, you're in for a treat.

Last edited:

Edgelord79

Gold Member
There's a new "Snowrunner" Game that came out couple of days ago called Expeditions: A Mudrunner Game. Reviews are mixed, though.

Did you try the Farming Simulators? They're hugely popular and well-received. Farming Simulator 22 is quite cheap for instance.
I second Farming Simulator. Ultimate dad game.

I'm a dad. Currently playing Witcher 3 for the third time, The Sprawl and Tomb Raider 2013 along with some Street Fighter games I got recently in a bundle sale.

Lawn Mover simulator
Forklift simulator
Snowrunner
Powerwash Simulator

Sit in a paddling pool while sipping a beer simulator.

avin

Edit: Never mind, I missed the Steam Deck requirement. I just assumed a Dad would be on PC. My bad.

Well, believe it or not, Starfield. Chill vibe, high-maintenance chicks. Dads of my generation get it.

avin

Last edited:
Top Bottom