• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What’s your favourite hub world music?

Star-Lord

We all have a favourite hub world, but sometimes the music for that hub world sucks. What I want to know is not what your favourite hub world is, but what your favourite hub world music is, that, despite the hub world itself potentially sucking, saves it from being unbearable.

For me, the music for Delfina Plaza in Super Mario Sunshine is the best. It’s such a lively piece of music that really fits the setting and draws you right into the game. The hub itself isn’t too bad itself, but the music really makes it.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
I like the mood in the nexus from Demon's Souls. It also changes over time.

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
We all have a favourite hub world, but sometimes the music for that hub world sucks. What I want to know is not what your favourite hub world is, but what your favourite hub world music is, that, despite the hub world itself potentially sucking, saves it from being unbearable.

For me, the music for Delfina Plaza in Super Mario Sunshine is the best. It’s such a lively piece of music that really fits the setting and draws you right into the game. The hub itself isn’t too bad itself, but the music really makes it.

This game is so trippy!

Weed Lsd GIF

Kuranghi

Oh ffs now I have to replay Arkham Knight again, I'm blaming you OP, you are a massive bastard wo/man.

I got addicted to native 4K but that meant 30fps to get it locked down and its just not a game you want to play at 30fps, fighting feels assy and thats with no v-sync lag added, with v-sync lag is poo-city.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Oh ffs now I have to replay Arkham Knight again, I'm blaming you OP, you are a massive bastard wo/man.

I got addicted to native 4K but that meant 30fps to get it locked down and its just not a game you want to play at 30fps, fighting feels assy and thats with no v-sync lag added, with v-sync lag is poo-city.

Don't you love Batman? Batman's black.

Banned
I literally can't name a single hub world theme that isn't a Mario theme, because almost no other game actually has a hubworld with a distinct hubworld theme IMO

elliot5

Recently, I think Psychonauts 2 has fantastic music in the hub area(s). My favorite being the Questionable Area?

I've never heard anything like it in a game and it's just such a feel good vibe that really fits the theme of the campgrounds.

Handel

Clock Town's theme is a nice upbeat song at first, but on the second and third day the increased speed of the song makes it anxiety inducing, and finally it changes to the haunting and melancholic Final Hours as Termina is about to meet it's end. The theme progresses into madness and despair alongside the citizens of Clock Town, it's so brilliant.

I am so glad that these video game music topics keep popping up lately as it reminds me of my own music topic here and that even though we won't all like the same games, the music is universal.

Anyway, here is one of mine. It's not my main favorite, but it is one I like. It's hard to tell for me what counts in this game though because every area has a main theme that is hub like.

Sophist

My favorite one is probably Terra theme from ff6 but it has already been posted. Here two classics from old times.

Last edited:
Top Bottom