• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What’s your favorite PS5 exclusive title so far?

Fbh

Haven't played that many exclusives so far. Have yet to play God of War, Ratchet, GT7.
Just bought Horizon, will be starting it on the weekend.

From the ones I've played probably Demon Souls. I'm usually not that much into remakes but it has been nice going back to this game and unlike TLOU it was trapped on Ps3 with terrible framerate at a terrible resolution so even though I don't like some of the artistic changes it's still a worthy update

Demon Souls by miles.

Returnal is way overrated. Non existent rogue mechanics. Zero meaningful build variation.

Yeah I enjoyed the game but don't get the crazy love it gets.
The core gameplay is solid but from visuals to amount of content to rogue mechanics it felt lacking to me. It was good enough on Ps+ Extra but I'd have been underwhelmed if I paid $70 for it

Ar¢tos

I don’t have faith in Sony letting them do their own thing. Housemarque must feel too much pressure to compete with all the other blockbuster studios that sell millions and millions of copies. Sony is only interested in blockbusters.

I hope I’m wrong.
Yeah... Dreams is the blockbuster result of a corporation only interested in profits that enslaves its studios. Just like Hohokum, Bound, Concrete Genie, Knack, etc.

Sony is known for giving their studios liberty to do what their want (too much liberty for my taste), I don't know where you got that idea from.
But, I've seen propaganda here before, in GAF, that MS gives total freedom to their studios and Sony forces theirs to do endless sequels...

Even though I give Sony shit for their business practices I can't deny that they've delivered where it counts the most. I have the Series X and its been so disappointing compared to the big white box of joy that is the Ps5.

Demon's Souls
God of War Ragnarok
Ratchet
Returnal
Forbidden West
Miles Morales
Gran Turismo

And also- Death Stranding Dir Cut, Guilty Gear Strive, Spiderman Remastered

... .

The Stig

Ragnarok. Phenomenal. Got the platinum.

I've started Returnal and it seems to be very very good. It could take the title.

I have also played the SHIT out of GT7 however I'm level 45 or so and feeling the grind.

Honorable mentions:

Days Gone. Despite flaws, this upgraded version looks and plays very very well. Got the main plat. and will circle back to new game +. (yes I know it is cross-gen) ALSO IT HAD THE SYPHON FILTER TASER!
Ghost of Tsushima (while this came in a PS5 case I know it's cross-gen) - Super satisfying combat, great story and the graphics/aesthetic is amazing.
The last of us Part 1 looks great, and I got it cheap so am very much looking forward to it.

Last edited:

Codes 208

1. Demon souls (the only ACTUAL ps5 exclusive i like on this list)
2. GoW Ragnarok (easily my second favorite game this year, only behind ER)
3. Stray (its a game about an adorable cat, YOU CAN EVEN PRESS A BUTTON TO MEOW FFS)

Honorable mentions: R&C, astro bots playroom, adventures of sackboy, spiderman miles morales

tommib

Yeah... Dreams is the blockbuster result of a corporation only interested in profits that enslaves its studios. Just like Hohokum, Bound, Concrete Genie, Knack, etc.

Sony is known for giving their studios liberty to do what their want (too much liberty for my taste), I don't know where you got that idea from.
But, I've seen propaganda here before, in GAF, that MS gives total freedom to their studios and Sony forces theirs to do endless sequels...
That was back in the last generation. Let’s see how it goes in this one. Returnal was given the go ahead 5 years ago.

bender

What time is it?
Demon Souls

Returnal is way overrated. Non existent rogue mechanics. Zero meaningful build variation.

I've actually been playing Returnal again but this time in co-op as my buddy recently picked it up. I was quickly reminded why I don't love the game and it's mostly due to how it chooses to implement the rogue mechanics. The "reset" in the middle of the game, the hard caps on weapon proficiency, the length of runs, etc.

I don’t have faith in Sony letting them do their own thing. Housemarque must feel too much pressure to compete with all the other blockbuster studios that sell millions and millions of copies. Sony is only interested in blockbusters.

I hope I’m wrong.
For better or worse they seemed to let there studios do there own thing in the past at least.( Frankly I would rather they told bend to make something else instead of days gone!)

Hopefully they remember demon souls and how long it took FROM software to be a sales monster.

Returnal reminds me of demon souls I think they don't want to make that same mistake twice.

Last edited:

sachos

Gran Turismo 7

It plays so incredibly well, looks jaw dropping in motion and through constant free updates it developes slowly into a classic. Still needs some work but I love it so much already.
I just wish they improved the split screen support. So barebones.

RaySoft

For me it's Demon’s Souls. I'm not even a Souls nut, but the game is so amazing to play. Bluepoint lovecraft.

Ogbert

Demon Souls

I've actually been playing Returnal again but this time in co-op as my buddy recently picked it up. I was quickly reminded why I don't love the game and it's mostly due to how it chooses to implement the rogue mechanics. The "reset" in the middle of the game, the hard caps on weapon proficiency, the length of runs, etc.
Housemarque are in my Top 5 developers, but Returnal is their least enjoyable game for me.

It’s an arcade game that they’ve compromised with boring and pointless rogue mechanics that add nothing. It should have aerial builds, melee builds, sniper builds, dual wield builds etc. It offers nothing like that. Just minuscule iterations of standard weapons that may or may not turn up. I also find the aesthetic and overall world rather depressing and not somewhere I want to spend a great deal of time, although appreciate that some may love the style.

Good boss fights though.

Robbinhood

Banned
Days Gone. Despite flaws, this upgraded version looks and plays very very well. Got the main plat. and will circle back to new game +. (yes I know it is cross-gen) ALSO IT HAD THE SYPHON FILTER TASER!
Wait what? I didn't know this, how do you get the taser??

The Stig

Wait what? I didn't know this, how do you get the taser??
its pretty tricky.
The IPCA Stun Gun is a taser device accessible via the Survival Wheel after collecting all 18 pieces of IPCA Tech. Deacon has to hit the target with both pronged wires to have it work.

While the weapon isn't very efficient, it allows Deacon to stun Freakers and has a small chance of setting them on fire.
That last part is wrong. Just keep tazing them and they burn

Robbinhood

Banned
its pretty tricky.

That last part is wrong. Just keep tazing them and they burn
Redownloading now!

xrnzaaas

Most of them have been more or less disappointing - the sequels feel too safe (especially Horizon 2), Sony is greedy with the reeditions and some games (like Returnal) just didn't click with me.

Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart is probably the best one. It looks INCREDIBLE even in performance mode, the worlds have cool designs and it's just fun to play.

Last edited:

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I’m playing through Demon’s Douls, and wow does it look way better than Elden Ring. Of course it’s only 1/10th of the size.

I will say this, people should play through Demon’s Souls first. It’s way easier.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Never change Souls players.

FlQ9E_vakAE0B5M

Alpha Male

Horizon Forbidden West

Honorable Mention:

God of War Ragnarok
Spiderman Miles Morales
Ghost of Tsushima
Gran Turismo 7
Demons Souls
Returnal

I’m playing through Demon’s Douls, and wow does it look way better than Elden Ring. Of course it’s only 1/10th of the size.

I will say this, people should play through Demon’s Souls first. It’s way easier.
It was weird going back and replaying Demon's Souls. I first played it on PS3 after playing Dark Souls 1 and 2 and Bloodborne, so it definitely felt outdated compared to those at that time. But now, after having played Dark Souls 3, Sekiro, and Elden Ring, it feels ancient.

Roufianos

Demon's Souls by far.

After that I'd say Horizon as I really loved where the story went, and Miles Morales which was better paced than the original. I also absolutely loved GT7, despite not being huge on racing or cars.

Ragnarok was undeniably great overall but I have some pretty serious gripes with it.
Ratchet had a really awful story and characters and didn't play any better than ACiT.
I couldn't play more than an hour of Returnal, absolutely hate roguelikes.
Didn't even get half way through TLoU PI, really soured on that series.

Last edited:
GoW: R > Returnal > Demons souls > Spiderman MM > Sack boy.

After that, I either didn't play or a good amount of meh. Horizon is tied with Elden ring for biggest disappointment so far to start off this gen. Stray is just completely boring. Kenya was solid, but you could tell is was made by a first time dev.

I will say astro bot was really good too, but having a tough time putting it on a list, just as it's so short. Its really just a long demo. Like I think I 100% and got the plat in 3 hours. But really interested in their next game, as this and astro bot rescue Mission were dope.

Last edited:

j0hnnix

Gold Member
I was hoping for GOW: Ragnarok but that was not it.

For now..

1. Demon Souls
2. Ghost of Tsushima
3. Death Stranding DC

Top Bottom