• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Welp- Someone stole my Nintendo Switch

Dr. Suchong

51e7d2d0d448bf663863a067041911f1.gif

60008f3c5d6b3c037e218efd66c17f87235c1840_hq.gif

Thankfully we still have a second Nintendo Switch, so I'll still be able to play Metroid Dread this October.

I'm not even mad really; more disturbed if anything. The reason is that my Switch never leaves my home and is docked 99% of the time. So, someone was in our house and walked away with it. Nothing else was missing...not even a few pieces of jewelry and a couple of gift cards which were easily in view near the Switch that was stolen.

This was a thief who had eyes only for that tasty Nintendo goodness.

So, has anyone else here ever had a videogame console stolen from you? Maybe a computer or cellphone? Anything else expensive? "lollipop_disappointed:

(Hopefully not!)
Not to make light of your situation, but it suddenly struck me that if a thief were to steal my own Switch, I would apprehend the culprit by following the trail of dust to his lair :messenger_winking_tongue: :messenger_winking::messenger_smiling_with_eyes:
Sorry for your loss. Sticky fingered ass hats :messenger_pouting:
Edit: Darn, somebody beat me to it with the dust angle :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I had an absolute dumbass friend in grade school, like literally beyond the pale stupid. I wouldn't make fun of him if he was actually autistic or mentally challenged in some way, that's not my style, boy graduated from our high school and wasn't in any special Ed classes, so I don't feel bad. His mother had passed away when he was in kindergarten and so he had bookoo money every month from a life insurance check or some shit, to ya' know, ensure his future. Provide food and money and shelter, money to put away for school, etc. This absolute helmet would take the money and do shit like buy kendo sticks and break them on the road. Or buy thrift store trench coats and then get scabies from them. My favorite was one time he had invited me and my friend out to a Burger King and legitimately ordered 100 cheeseburgers, 14 orders of chicken fries, and a medium Dr. Pepper at the fucking counter, and then decided to throw half of them around town. On bridges. Window sills. In mail boxes. Just because he fucking could.

Anyway, this dude thought I was boning his girlfriend Shamu, so one night he steals my copies of KH, FFVIII, and my blue Nintendo DS. I gave -23 shits about the games, because they were scratched, but I wanted the DS. I called him up, was like "Hey, I think I let you borrow my DS and forgot about it. Do you have it?" knowing full he did. He was like "Oh, yeah, silly me!" and brought it back the next day. Never talked to the chode again.

raduque

Back in 2014 somebody broke into my truck at a TGIF parking lot in San Antonio. Camera, laptop and Surface Pro 2 all gone. I was traveling home after Thanksgiving and stopped for lunch. Lost all the family pics on my camera's microSD card too.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Weak.

I'm guessing you're in college and had a party or something? I just can't think of any other scenario in which someone would steal something who was invited into your home.

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
Thank you for all the kind words of support and all the laughs, everyone! :messenger_heart: I've been a little under the weather the last few days, so I apologize for just now responding.

I was finally able to report the missing Switch to Nintendo, and while even though there's not much Nintendo can do for the situation, at least I was able to log my account out of all devices, remove my credit card information, and change my password.

One thing I did also was change my avatar to that little thief Nabbit to show them I knew it was stolen...if they even get the reference. :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

switchfirmwareupdate.jpg

I also wanted to thank those who shared your stories. I hope each of you receive some blessing in the near future that helps make up for the all the things that were lost. đź’™

Last edited:
Top Bottom