• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Welcome to the NeoGAF Marketplace

Investor9872

The marketplace is a little different from the rest of GAF - in that it'll always be sorted by the date the listings are created. So "bumping" a post isn't really a thing, as replying to your listing thread won't bring it to the top (like what happens in other areas of GAF). Meanwhile, users can find your items via search or filters. Also, you can change your listing titles yourself and also mark items sold - so there is a bit of customization involved when all the parts are moving correctly.

Listings are good for 30 days so if your item doesn't sell before then it's okay if you re-list it (which will bring it back to the top of the page). For now we're just kind of making sure that as many listings as possible have good visibility, but we'll be constantly evaluating the market as we move forward to make sure it's as efficient as possible for buyers and sellers alike.

I understand. Cheers, mate!

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
MOD UPDATE

Just a note, this is not regular GAF where we encourage open discussion and commentary. This board is to facilitate and introduce like-minded buyers and sellers of hopefully super cool stuff. Therefore please keep all posts directly related to the items, e.g. - specific questions. General comments unrelated to interest in the item, disparaging the OP or items to be sold etc will not be tolerated and users will be warned and then banned from the Marketplace.

purvispisgah

If you want to post about items you are looking for (I have a list of PS4 games I'd like to acquire, physical or digital codes), where would we post that? Directly on the marketplace?

Also, how many reactions do you need to have before you can post on the marketplace? I took a long break from Neogaf, but participated in the old B/S/T threads and had more than a dozen transactions give or take.

The Pleasure

Can I sell my vintage playboys here? I got them in the garage doing nothing. I also have penthouse and hustler. I'm sure Papa Papa wants them for his son to get rid of the trap fetish.

purvispisgah

If you want to post about items you are looking for (I have a list of PS4 games I'd like to acquire, physical or digital codes), where would we post that? Directly on the marketplace?

Also, how many reactions do you need to have before you can post on the marketplace? I took a long break from Neogaf, but participated in the old B/S/T threads and had more than a dozen transactions give or take.

Never got any kind of response to this. I'd like to participate in the Marketplace community, but can't currently post a new thread.

Also, WTB Slay the Spire (Steam Key) for $5 (obo) - would like to complete transaction with Paypal.

Hustler

Never got any kind of response to this. I'd like to participate in the Marketplace community, but can't currently post a new thread.

Also, WTB Slay the Spire (Steam Key) for $5 (obo) - would like to complete transaction with Paypal.

I'd like to understand this as well. How do I get the permission to post in the Marketplace?

Sony

Nintendo
I'd like to understand this as well. How do I get the permission to post in the Marketplace?

I second this request. I know that EviLore mentioned that you'll need some reactions to show that you're a currently active user before being able to participate in the marketplace. However it would be very helpful to post the exact requirements that constitute being an active user (total posts? posts/day for a specific time period? etc.).

genjiZERO

Can anyone buy games off the Argentine Switch site? Trying to get Hollow night which is like $2.50. I'll pay $5, Paypal.

52club

Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but I have a message at the bottom right of the Marketplace page indicating 'YOU HAVE INSUFFICIENT PRIVILAGES TO POST THREADS HERE.' Was thinking of possibly posting some stuff for sale, but wasn't sure what the cause of this road block is.

Hi, I've found my way to this thread since it seems like the B/S/T thread is long dead and I haven't been on the site in a few years.

But I don't seem to have privilege to post/create a thread in the forum and didn't see that mentioned anywhere in the OP. What is it I have to do to earn that capability? I used the old trading system a lot and had a lot of good feedback there. Thanks!

Yeah, not many buy sell of trade much. We use to trade a ton on the old GAF. What's weird is that we have more options than the old GAF were trading was regulated to a single thread.

Wow, you aren't kidding, I took a look around. It does seem really quiet compared to that old and lively thread. :(

Last edited:
Top Bottom