• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weird Sony Flex for the PS5 after Offical Teaser Trailer for SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME

j0hnnix

Aaron Paul He Cant Keep Getting Away With This GIF by Breaking Bad

Jaysen

Banned
This isn’t new. They did that after the most recent Ghostbusters trailer too. It’s just marketing.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Weird flex?

They are promoting products....thats like right now damn near every game thats coming to Game Pass...MS wants to let you know. Did yall check out the last 2 Xbox showcases?

but its weird cuz they didnt even advertise the console and Miles Morales or SM:R lol just the controller?? for a hot second
Hey, at least its something ppl can actually get right now, lol.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Weird flex?

They are promoting products....thats like right now damn near every game thats coming to Game Pass...MS wants to let you know. Did yall check out the last 2 Xbox showcases?

Hey, at least its something ppl can actually get right now, lol.

Ok but why not advertise the console itself or the spiderman games? Just advertising the controller is a head scratcher for me. You had 5 seconds to advertise something and chose the thing that anybody who needs it already has, and if you don’t have a ps5 is useless.

but its weird cuz they didnt even advertise the console and Miles Morales or SM:R lol just the controller?? for a hot second
It's always the top selling accessory in many countries and new colors release is a big deal for them. I bet they make a ton of money from the accessory segment so it shouldn't be stange if they prefer sponsoring those over Spider games.

Bryank75

Banned
It was at the end of Ghostbusters Afterlife too.
This isn't new.

Some potentially good films coming from Sony...

More excited about those than the Eternals anyway. The Eternals sounds like a group from the 60's 70's, Like the Temptations.. or The Supreme's.

Sony should make their own version of the Eternals called The Supreme's!

Kilau

Gold Member
Sony is just using these Spidy movies to stealth promote the relaunch of PlayStation Home.

Hence the titles all having Home in them, you guys thought abandoned was a long con.

They own the movie rights and rights to TV shows longer than 45 minutes. Disney still owns the character.
And disney keeps 100% of the merchandise rights as long as they pay 100 million every 10 years to Sony. Which Sony regrets. And Sony exchanged the under 24 minute tv rights for even stronger film rights. Which then Disney requested to up their film rights in exchange for gaming rights.
WHICH comes to head this moment. Will Sony use the elimination of Iron Man, Black Widow, Captain America, Black Panther, etc to force Disney to give them even more favorable Spiderman rights just to cameo him the in MCU flims permanently. Or can the lesser characters keep those billion dollar box office pulls.

Also if anyone also noticed no Sony Pictures branding in the trailer that's because its actually now considered a parent company to Columbia Pictures, which is own by Sony. I didn't know that until this trailer.

After PS3, everything PS shall be linked with Spideyman until the PS9 when we all become Spidey himself (yes, even the chicks, cause non-binary u know) by jacking into the Matrix.
But for now DualSense = DualSpiderSense. :eek:

Bryank75

Banned
And disney keeps 100% of the merchandise rights as long as they pay 100 million every 10 years to Sony. Which Sony regrets. And Sony exchanged the under 24 minute tv rights for even stronger film rights. Which then Disney requested to up their film rights in exchange for gaming rights.
WHICH comes to head this moment. Will Sony use the elimination of Iron Man, Black Widow, Captain America, Black Panther, etc to force Disney to give them even more favorable Spiderman rights just to cameo him the in MCU flims permanently. Or can the lesser characters keep those billion dollar box office pulls.

Wolverine, Gambit, Magneto, Dorctor Doom and others like Silver Surfer are incredible characters....

However it is Disney's decisions that have really led to some of their recent failures, I personally have no interest in The Eternals or Shang Chi or a Black Widow stand alone.

Even the What if? 's do not hold my interest and I have the sub there.... I didnt watch Loki or Wanda either.

A big load of meh, wake me up when they do a Wolverine, a Doctor Doom or a Surfer film....

Don't really see anything wrong with that.
According to Kinda Funny Games there are things from Insomniac's game world in that actual trailer so it does seem they're trying together more than they had previously. I'd imagine that it's going to be a pretty major advertising stream for the PS5 this Christmas for PlayStation.

Top Bottom