• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weird or Cool Box Art Thread

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Srp5egT.jpeg

Toots

Gold Member
Its a fairy, most fairies are typically small creatures.
Dragons-Crown-JPN-Launch-Art.jpg

Im definitively old, and Kamitani is definitively oversexualizing his characters.
I did not mind with the adult looking characters, like the witch, or even young looking ones like the elf though.

The original name of the game is “flying fairy”. So, a flying fairy on the cover is fitting.
First thing that came to my mind when i read "flying fairy".
v7QS5qE.jpg

Yet they choose to draw a 14 years old gymnast in a somewhat lascivious pose.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Im definitively old, and Kamitani is definitively oversexualizing his characters.
I did not mind with the adult looking characters, like the witch, or even young looking ones like the elf though.

First thing that came to my mind when i read "flying fairy".
v7QS5qE.jpg

Yet they choose to draw a 14 years old gymnast in a somewhat lascivious pose.
I dont know what to tell you but even in mythology thats how faries typically looks like...
5995753764_4e3a209cba_b-714x440.jpg

Even in Disney movies
ZfjzJc6.png

Last edited:

Toots

Gold Member
I dont know what to tell you but even in mythology thats how faries typically looks like...
5995753764_4e3a209cba_b-714x440.jpg

Even in Disney movies
ZfjzJc6.png
Lets agree to disagree.
I don't think the intent of the bravely default artist (imo to draw his fairy in a sexualized way) is the same as the intent of the artists here. First pick all the fairy look like children playing, nothing sexual about it. Tinkerbell on the other hand is more arguable, but here it's just outfit that is revealing, not her pose or attitude.

I'll concede that, as usual with art, it's more about the viewer perception than some kind of absolute truth, and i totally get that you might see this artwork without seeing an hint of sexualization when i do.

Quantum253

Very cool covers. It'd be cool to see Gaf make an alternative cover for some games. There are some really talented people that can get amazing shots with the in game camera.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
I rue the day when children (or....people in their 20's) ask if old game covers are AI Generated.

"I want a man with a tiger belly button running over the front yard of an even older man whos legs are made of monsters from Asian folklore"
"Great...now give him golden testicles that hang out of his tiger bum"

Last edited:
Top Bottom