• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weird habits you picked up as a collector?

Umbasaborne

Banned
So, i like to collect nintendo stuff, including games. Over the past couple years, i started buying two copies of every Nintendo game i was interested in. One to stay sealed on my shelf, and a digital copy to play. Is this insane, yes, am i a sucker? Yes, will these games be worth anything in 20 years? With the exception of 3d all stars probably not, but as it stands i own a sealed copy of almost every first party Nintendo game released in the past 5 or six years. I get collectors editions where i can but im too old to fight with bots these days.

Strangely enough ive been fine opening my amiibos, but lately ive been wondering if i should keep those sealed too.

anyway, what do you do while collecting games? Do you only buy at certain prices? Or are you willing to pay the big bucks for a collectors item?

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
giphy.gif

:messenger_winking:

I'm close to a 100% digital on games except for some titles.

But looking what others are collecting and what things can be worth in the future i'd say it is not a bad investment.
Especially when you have sealed copies. Might take a while. Could also be something you bequeath.

Umbasaborne

Banned
giphy.gif

:messenger_winking:

I'm close to a 100% digital on games except for some titles.

But looking what others are collecting and what things can be worth in the future i'd say it is not a bad investment.
Especially when you have sealed copies. Might take a while. Could also be something you bequeath.
Yeah, i have no problem throwing things away and i hate clutter, but this could be the first step to hoarder-dome

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Yeah, i have no problem throwing things away and i hate clutter, but this could be the first step to hoarder-dome
I think you are fine if you have no problem with throwing things away.
I bought and collected games up until and to the end of the PS360 era.
At some point i just didn't care anymore and gave away most of it to friends and family.

It definitely can be seen as a long term investment. You are already there with sealed copies and collector editions.

Top Bottom