• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Web Slinging Face Off: Spider-Man 2 vs Marvel's Spider-Man/Miles Morales

Which game has better web Slinging?

• Total voters

kiphalfton

After playing both games within a short period of time, I am going to have to go with Marvel's Spider-Man. It just works. And this is coming from somebody who LOVED the web slinging in Spider-Man 2 (the movie toe-in game), thought I couldn't be swayed, and swore by it.

I'm gonna combine Marvel's Spider-Man and Miles Morales as they're similar enough (though MM obviously has a slight edge over the the previous game, due to quality of life improvements).

Last edited:

Kuranghi

After playing both games within a short period of time, I am going to have to go with Marvel's Spider-Man. It just works. And this is coming from somebody who LOVED the web slinging in Spider-Man 2 (the movie toe-in game), thought I couldn't be swayed, and swore by it.

I'm gonna combine Marvel's Spider-Man and Miles Morales as they're similar enough (though MM obviously has a slight edge over the the previous game, due to quality of life improvements).

I think one of the main changes they made to make it feel better was making the camera even more dynamic while you swing, plus there is less lag between when you hit R2 and when the web comes out, especially just before you are about to hit the ground after a really long dive.

I have some hopes for the true sequel, but its hard to quantify in text without writing a screed, one thing thats easy to explain though is that I want them to make it so you keep gaining speed as you press X when running vertically up a wall. Not unlimited increase in speed obviously, but at least five as an example. I think it might be a world loading speed problem more than that they forgot to think of it. So much of the rest of the game has this particular it-just-works™ dynamism that I've only seen in the Arkham games before it (maybe some of the Ass Creeds as well but not as much), so when it feels like this fixed rate animation it suddenly is really noticeable to me.

Rolla

Banned
Miles Morales That into the SpiderVerse backwards dive is bliss every single time.

08a3682feb39ad470ae215fe80ad25db.gif

elektrokats

Banned
Unpopular opinion. The best webslinging was from The Amazing Spiderman Movie game for the 360 by Beenox soley due to the slow mo/web rush button.

I really felt like Insomniac should have brought that feature over to new game.

Also the web pull combo move from Web of Shadows is missed...

Last edited:

kiphalfton

Im sure our memories of how Spiderman 2 played are a lot better than how it actually feels if you picked it up today

I picked it up last year. Still pretty satisfying, though even by the end of the game I still wasn’t particularly skilled at it.

Top Bottom