• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

We need a everyone is here for Street Fighter

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
They could just slap a 2x2 or 3x3 versus mode (like Marvel, switching chars, or KOF, by waiting line) as an optional feature while keeping the core game 1x1. It would be awesome.

Also, EX3 > SFV (to me).

Yeah, a Team Battle would be great, especially if they added some sorta feature to it like tag skills or moves. Just having the feature will probably get overlooked. I think Mortal Kombat has has had it and it feels like modifiers (Tower buffs) get more enjoyment.

lock2k

Banned
Yeah, a Team Battle would be great, especially if they added some sorta feature to it like tag skills or moves. Just having the feature will probably get overlooked. I think Mortal Kombat has has had it and it feels like modifiers (Tower buffs) get more enjoyment.

I played the shit out of the TAG mode in MK9. Too bad it's gone :(

fallingdove

Having that many characters kinda works in Smash (but not really); it definitely doesn’t work in a fighter with complex inputs. And if you make it 3v3, it isn’t Street Fighter anymore.

yurinka

Having that many characters kinda works in Smash (but not really); it definitely doesn’t work in a fighter with complex inputs.
Mortal Kombat Armageddon: 62 characters
KOF 2002: 60 characters
Tekken Tag Tournament 2: 59 characters
Marvel vs Capcom 2: 56 characters

We have several games with complex inputs with around 60 characters, 70 or so wouldn't be that different. Specially if almost all of them are returning characters with a moveset very similar to their previous entries, so fans will know them since the start.

Last edited:
Aside from the backlash that would take place against reused graphics, if SF6 features 70 characters then fans will be massively disappointed if SF7 doesn’t have the same number of characters. If Capcom makes such a large roster, they must commit to it or suffer the backlash so I don’t think they’ll ever do it.

Also 60/70 characters means a lot more work and a higher budget is needed. A roster like that is a risky decision I don’t expect to be greenlighted.

I want SF6 to have a new art style AND have better graphics. Props to whoever said Arcsys graphics x Akiman art style. Also I like the idea of 2-team combat a lot.

But my number one concern is fucking DLCs. Base roster should have AT LEAST 25 characters.

Characters I want to see back are Dudley and Elena.

lock2k

Banned
Aside from the backlash that would take place against reused graphics, if SF6 features 70 characters then fans will be massively disappointed if SF7 doesn’t have the same number of characters. If Capcom makes such a large roster, they must commit to it or suffer the backlash so I don’t think they’ll ever do it.

Also 60/70 characters means a lot more work and a higher budget is needed. A roster like that is a risky decision I don’t expect to be greenlighted.

I want SF6 to have a new art style AND have better graphics. Props to whoever said Arcsys graphics x Akiman art style. Also I like the idea of 2-team combat a lot.

But my number one concern is fucking DLCs. Base roster should have AT LEAST 25 characters.

Characters I want to see back are Dudley and Elena.

Akiman X Arksys would be the dream.

Fuck Dimps and that dumpster fire artstyle of SfIV and V

Top Bottom