• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

We’re Working On It | skate. Trailer

The Fartist

Gold Member
tight-cool.gif

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Man, I was honestly hoping for the tiniest sliver of gameplay or something. Soon enough!

They only just got the team together, you'll be lucky to get it in the next 3 years. At least we know it's coming.

I really wish this wasn't going to be published by EA. I fear they'll find a way to run it with micro transactions and good knows what else.

The guy saying it looks like skate 2 made me happy.

Any of you guys tried Session? It's pretty awesome and the devs are great.

I want to like it, but I just can't enjoy the controls. I tried, I really did, but I just can't do it.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Any of you guys tried Session? It's pretty awesome and the devs are great.
Yep. 60 hours into Session here. I love it and there is so much potential with it. I am glad they are not rushing to put out a half baked product like Skater XL ended up.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Cool but is anyone from Black Box involved?

I wish the new Team well but still on the fence about buying it new because of the way EA treats their studios. I put hundreds of hours into Skate 1-3, awesome games.

Blond

Banned
I want to be excited but this thing is probably 3 years out.
And will be an open world micro transaction stuffed live service. Activision couldn’t even bother with trying to just remaster Tony Hawk without paid DLC, expect the same from EA.

Also, I was hoping that the name they dropped in the initial reveal was going to stick, Skate For(4)ever, but it didn’t.

anthony2690

Banned
Can't wait for a new Skate.
I've tried skater XL and Session and they just don't come close to skate.

Session has potential, but it's just really really really really rough currently.

And skater XL is literally a full priced tech demo, I regret spending £35 on so bad.

Every while and then, I'll boot skate 3 up as it still looks and plays great, hope it gets a frame rate boost one day though :)

skit_data

I hope they keep their old engine that had a tendency to glitch out completely at times.

Seeing someone ollie off a vert and tangle their limbs together tightly within the span of 0.3 seconds gave me a good chuckle.

o6bU9X9.gif

Last edited:

Kuranghi

The bit with the guy called "Avalanche" made me spit coffee out:

*voice almost devoid of emotion while eyes dance back and forth across PR statement he was sent via messenger 90 second earlier*: "Playing with all the homies will be so sick"

He could just be very into the trailer and so he sounds disconnected but it reminded me of a Tim and Eric segment lol.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Friends of mine smoked weed with Tom Penny in Marseilles

I offered Josh Kalis a joint (DC tour) He (politely) declined lol.

I awkwardly approached Donny Barley (big fan) and asked him if he indeed was Donny Barley. He said yes. I said cool. This scenario keeps popping up at random times, even after 20 years and makes me cringe lol.

Ahhh to be a teenager again

Last edited:
While im disappointed this looks like it's a little far off, I am happy they are atleast talking/giving some kind of an update. Just gotta let them do their thing, the people asked and while it took awhile we're getting it finally

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member

I awkwardly approached Donny Barley (big fan) and asked him if he indeed was Donny Barley. He said yes. I said cool. This scenario keeps popping up at random times, even after 20 years and makes me cringe lol.

You should create a skateboarding community thread :)

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
You should create a skateboarding community thread :)

Alas, Skateboarding is in my past! (Bad indirect associations from that period I'd rather keep buried) This thread just reminded me of some experiences I've had! You still skate once in a while right? I remember you mentioning that I think..

😁

Kuranghi

Quickest way to make a new friend is offer them a doobie, if they say no then all good but if you see their eyes light up you know you've just broken through like three ice walls worth of meeting-a-new-person awkwardness.

Just don't ask them to smoke their weed if you don't have any and they havent offered it, major faux pas right there for all you newbie stoners.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Alas, Skateboarding is in my past! (Bad indirect associations from that period I'd rather keep buried) This thread just reminded me of some experiences I've had! You still skate once in a while right? I remember you mentioning that I think..

😁
Yessir. I'm not good but I love it. I have been paying more attention to the sport more and more lately. I'm excited to see how it fares in the olympics.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Yessir. I'm not good but I love it. I have been paying more attention to the sport more and more lately. I'm excited to see how it fares in the olympics.

Cool stuff! All's well when your having fun =) Hmm, about a month or 3 ago I decided to watch some competitions and barracks flat tricks and oh boy I couldn't believe how far the skill ceiling had been raised. Unfuckingbelievable.... Olympics is gonna be ... gnarly... =P

Top Bottom