• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[WCCFTECH] NVIDIA ADA LOVELACE GPU Gets First Rumored Specs: Absolute Monster At 18432 CUDA Cores And 64 TFLOPs Of Graphics Horsepower

jhjfss

To be released by March 2017, nice.

NVIDIA Lovelace AD102 Rumored GPU Specifications​

GPUAD102GA102TU102
ArchitectureAda LovelaceAmpereTuring
Process5nmSamsung 8nmTSMC 12nm NFF
Graphics Processing Clusters (GPC)1276
Texture Processing Clusters (TPC)724236
Streaming Multiprocessors (SM)1448472
CUDA Cores18432107524608
Theoretical TFLOPs64.537.616.1
ReleaseMar. 2017Sept. 192022 (TBC)

I kid.

Anyway that's insane. I love it.

TheContact

I wonder if they reserved a spot at TSMC’s 5nm? Would raise the costs of these GPUs considerably, because Apple pretty much has the first spot at the table at TSMC. Is Samsung really ready for 5nm with good yields?

samsung isn't ready for 5nm yet but they're working on it but it does confirm that nvidia is not working with samsung and tsmc simultaneously. we probably won't see lovelace for a couple years anyway

Monster.

Crypto miners gonna be on that ass day one for sure. Kinda unfortunate some folks not only have to deal with scalpers (small bunch relative) but miners too (those have truly fucked the scene snatching supply).

Mining-farm.jpg

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
So what's the "REAL" TF number this GPU will be? More like 35TF? 40TFs at best?

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
there's no such thing as real TF or fake TF

a Flop is an objectively measurable thing

This isn't true at all. Certain "companies" count TFs differently. Like someone said above that Nvidia at one time combined the calculation of their TFs based on both raw rasterization and RT numbers. And none of us here believes that a proper way to do any of these measurements.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
In 2022 I think is what the article meant to say (they switched the dates on the old GPU and the new one)

Mithos

And how many RT cores?

I mean since Nvidia is "ALL IN" on that.
Wanna bet its less then on 3000 series?

If you're "ALL IN" Nvidia, I don't wanna hear less then trippledigit RT core count, on the xx60 version of ADA LOVELACE GPU cards.

I can't wait to not be able to buy it! Bots ahoy!
bots GIF by Product Hunt

I'm totally looking forward to upgrading next year so I hope to hell that I'll be able to pick one up.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
last year we were circlejerking over 12 teraflops. it seems the gap between pc and console is getting bigger and bigger every gen.
I believe they were bigger last-gen than they are this gen, atleast in the CPU department.
Several console warriors on this site refused to believe it. If they can post "PC is doomed" threads, 24/7 prior to console launch, I don't see why that's a problem?
Both of these can be both right and wrong.

But its all stating the obvious really. Top end PC hardware will trounce console hardware.

The question should be if PC hardware can trounce console hardware in the same price range, size range, and so on and so forth.

That argument isn't made here. What is made is stating something very obvious.

And if the point of the argument is to ruffle some console warrior feathers, well... do know that you aren't aiming for quality there then.

I believe they were bigger last-gen than they are this gen, atleast in the CPU department.

Both of these can be both right and wrong.

But its all stating the obvious really. Top end PC hardware will trounce console hardware.

The question should be if PC hardware can trounce console hardware in the same price range, size range, and so on and so forth.

That argument isn't made here. What is made is stating something very obvious.

And if the point of the argument is to ruffle some console warrior feathers, well... do know that you aren't aiming for quality there then.
The lowest end Nvidia 3000x gpu currently, the 3060ti, beats ps5 in performance. So it's not just the enthusiast, high end, and middle end PC with performance crown, but also the low end of PC gaming now. Pricing-wise, consoles will win in that regard. But you are also severely limited with what you can do on a console, vs a PC, which completely changes the dynamic of said price argument.

regawdless

Banned
Push that raytracing performance as far as possible. If overall performance is more than 30% better in their 3080 equivalent for the same price, I'll upgrade. If it's a shit show like the 20xx, GTFO. I hope for AMD but am sceptical.

But these specs look really solid, if true.

Top Bottom