• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wccftech - 505 Games, Activision, Nintendo 2019’s Best Publishers Says Metacritic, Sony Not in Top 20

DryvBy

Imagine caring if the 7/10 crew thinks about games. If we went by Metacritic, people would think Gone Home is a GOTY type game.

kyoji

I think you forgot the Wii, and I’m not salty at all. I think it’s funny. Some grumpy ppl round here today.
Oh dont confuse my involvement in this thread as me being grumpy, and i did not forget the wii. I just guess when you havent had much to look foward too for an entire generation you began to lick your chops and salivate at any scrap of new info or detail as it is hope for change in the future. Fortunately for me i have plenty to play to keep me from thirsting for the next big info. As well as much left still to be released for current gen playstation 4. I dont know what systems you own nor do i care Kagey so this last comment isnt really directed at you even though i quoted you, my 1st sentence only really applys. Its just comical how much clickbait threads you see around these parts lately, but it was pretty dam quiet for an entire gen, idk some people must just be pretty bored i suppose.

thelastword

Banned
  1. 505 Games - 80 (306.7)
  2. Activision Blizzard - 79.9 (301.4)
  3. Nintendo - 80 (299.2)
  4. Paradox Interactive - 77.8 (296.8)
  5. Capcom - 79.1 (291.1)
  6. Annapurna Interactive - 80.5 (290.7)
  7. Xbox Game Studios - 76.4 (289.6)
Games published by XGS 2019
  • Halo: The Master Chief Collection Metacritic Score 85
  • Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition Metacritic Score 84
  • Crackdown 3 Metacritic Score 60
  • Forza Street (formerly titled Miami Street made by EA 2018), some reviews :
  • No steering 1/5
    This isnt even a real game, all you do is click the gas. that IT. Its basically a small program to show you what races look like. This game is just horrible. brings forza a bad name.
    3/5 restaurants near me
  • REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE 1/5
    Playing from a pc....i wish i hadn't downloaded this its a mobile game made for mobile not for pc
    Most are from users "unknown", score ranges from 1 to 5 ... giving it a 3/5 even though the consensuses = no steering, bad upgrade, shitty pc port, full of microtransactions, gives forza a bad rep, etc.
  • Gears 5 Metacritic Score 84
  • Gears POP! Metacritic Score 65
Only counting 5 out of 6 (excl. Miami .. Forza Street)
75.6/378 and not 76.4/289.6
Counting all 6 incl. Forza Street (3/5 = 60%, probably even lower based on yt reviewers)
73/438

If we ignore both mobile games we get 313 points and not 289.6? With an even higher avg. of 78.25. Im not going to bother with the other publishers.

#BANwccftech
Thanks Onehit.... I'm on mobile and I'd really love to see a list from the major publishers to see which games we are talking about here, thankfully you posted MS's list, but I had a hard time remembering what they published last year outside of Gears 5 which I got on gamepass.

I know for a fact that Sony had more games, especially AAA vs MS last year, some even GOTY contenders.....

Also, how is MCC a new game.....?

Kagey K

Banned
Alright well I'm not bothering with this shit. Motherfuckers have games from 2001 on here lmao

SalBedv.png
So what you are saying is that MS actually produces a lot of games, and Sony not so much

217 vs 87. That’s very interesting, and shows how many of those precious “exclusives” aren’t made by Sony. Microsoft is one of the biggest most prolific publishers of games in this time, despite everyone saying they don’t produce games.

Its funny how the numbers shake out despite the narrative.

Last edited:

Flick

Banned
That score is only for 2019, not the entire gen and Xbox Game Studios just became a thing last year.

7 games since Sept vs 87 for the entire gen. Nice comparison.

That’s the thing though. And a good thing.

This really shows how the future of Xbox series X WILL be. And this is the most important thing.
And Microsoft isn’t even done yet. They will buy more studios.
It will be glorious. Can’t wait

Kagey K

Banned
That’s the thing though. And a good thing.

This really shows how the future of Xbox series X WILL be. And this is the most important thing.
And Microsoft isn’t even done yet. They will buy more studios.
It will be glorious. Can’t wait
Nope everyone who doesn’t game on Xbox thinks Forza, Halo, Gears.....

But the fact is anyone with half a brain realized they do more then that, PS fanboys are waking up to a cold cock in the face right about now.

thelastword

Banned
FUN FACT: Sony publishes so many games across PS4/VR/Playlink……..Lots of indies and VR games in there....First time I've heard of Dawn of Fear which got a 33 Meta....

nikolino840

FUN FACT: Sony publishes so many games across PS4/VR/Playlink……..Lots of indies and VR games in there....First time I've heard of Dawn of Fear which got a 33 Meta....
Maybe Sony lack of marketing for Indies or maybe you don't follow the Sony's channels for indie games

Alright well I'm not bothering with this shit. Motherfuckers have games from 2001 on here lmao

SalBedv.png

So, multiple platforms included with same games.....i mean..what? I'm sure Sony or Nintendo doesn't have that amount of ports of the same games on the list.

Last edited:

Flick

Banned

Buddy, relax. Take a deep breath. You are seriously bothering and it looks kinda worrying. It’s just games. It’s not your life or something.

Go a little outside, break some fresh air. This might help you. Don’t worry too much, it’s just a plastic box, nothing more.

Clarissa

Banned
My friend who is a Nintendo fanboy and Sony hater is telling everyone to wait for all the Playstation exclusives to come to the PC and pirate them. "Don't give em a single cent!" he said.

He also said that Nintendo fanboys and Xbox fanboys should unite to defeat the arrogant Sony Fanboys. He said he's glad to see the Xbox and Nintendo fans here united in bashing the PlayStation. Stadia fanboys should join in bashing Sony too.

He predicts that PS5 will be the last console by Sony and that Sony is doomed desu. They have to sell all their buildings to stay afloat.

And that thing about RDNA 2.0? The Playstation 5's is just RDNA 0.2.

Lastly, he recommends everyone to buy some Mario underwear.

Last edited:

nikolino840

My friend who is a Nintendo fanboy and Sony hater is telling everyone to wait for all the Playstation exclusives to come to the PC and pirate them. "Don't give em a single cent!" he said.

He also said that Nintendo fanboys and Xbox fanboys should unite to defeat the arrogant Sony Fanboys. He said he's glad to see the Xbox and Nintendo fans here united in bashing the PlayStation. Stadia fanboys should join in bashing Sony too.

He predicts that PS5 will be the last console by Sony and that Sony is doomed desu. They have to sell all their buildings to stay afloat.

And that thing about RDNA 2.0? The Playstation 5's is just RDNA 0.2.

Lastly, he recommends everyone to buy some Mario underwear.

Need this then

• Fire
Reactions: TLZ

Zannegan

Well, it makes sense. Sony puts out a lot of games, big and small, and not all of them have mainstream appeal. Not all of them are even good, IMO, but I appreciate that they take chances on some weird things and smaller projects. *shrug*

If I wasn't so lazy, I would seek out and post a gif of someone happily stirring a bowl of feces (or chocolate pudding), because that's all this article really is.

Three

The 2019 published games higher score is mostly and rather comically attributed to them launching their old games again in 2019 on other platforms. Why are xbox owners so happy about this?

ZywyPL

Banned
Sorry. I'm just saying the truth though. Also 7 games to fucking 87 lmao. No wonder why xbox has a 5 point higher score. Where's all the xbox games at?

It's called quality over quantity.

Which is funny because quite frankly that's exactly what delusional fanboys actually say that about Sony, based on the 3-4 top-tier games, while completely ignoring/denying all the other not-so-successful titles.

Acti/Blizz on 2nd spot tho, I guess that's just perfectly sums up the current state of gaming and why it's so bad...

Three

It's called quality over quantity.

Which is funny because quite frankly that's exactly what delusional fanboys actually say that about Sony, based on the 3-4 top-tier games, while completely ignoring/denying all the other not-so-successful titles.

Acti/Blizz on 2nd spot tho, I guess that's just perfectly sums up the current state of gaming and why it's so bad...
The 'quality' (if you can call MCC that) was from prior years. In 2019 MS (xbox) game studios released only one new 'quality' game on xbox. Gears 5. The other games are old games rereleasing on switch and PC (MCC on PC, Ori on Switch). The other old game isn't even on xbox which is AoE definitive edition on PC. The only other 'games' actually on xbox in 2019 were Forza's lego expansion dlc and crackdown 3. Yeah quality.

Last edited:

Flick

Banned
The 'quality' (if you can call MCC that) was from prior years. In 2019 MS (xbox) game studios released only one new 'quality' game on xbox. Gears 5. The other games are old games rereleasing on switch and PC (MCC on PC, Ori on Switch). The other old game isn't even on xbox which is AoE definitive edition on PC. The only other 'games' actually on xbox in 2019 were Forza's lego expansion dlc and crackdown 3. Yeah quality.

Is that you barp? Relax bro. It’s just a plastic box.

This year Microsoft delivered more and better games according to game critics. It’s a fact.

Just live with it. Don’t hate

DonJorginho

Banned
Of course Sony weren't going to do well, as none of their exclusives were wanted by everyone.

Days Gone was seen as (and in many ways was) a generic Ubisoft esque open world title, and was plagued with day one bugs.

Concrete Genie was a very niche indie kind of title too so that was never going to do well with critics.

And Death Stranding was so wacky no-one understood it, and by the time people realised what it was they didn't want it anymore.

I got both on launch and loved both, but I can see why the masses didn't catch on, as they aren't accessible titles.

Last edited:

Flick

Banned
Of course Sony weren't going to do well, as none of their exclusives were wanted by everyone.

Days Gone was seen as (and in many ways was) a generic Ubisoft esque open world title.

And Death Stranding was so wacky no-one understood it, and by the time people realised what it was they didn't want it anymore.

I got both on launch and loved both, but I can see why the masses didn't catch on, as they aren't accessible titles.

Masses? This is based on critics score, no? Or are you saying critics score are only based on the taste of the masses?

DonJorginho

Banned
Masses? This is based on critics score, no? Or are you saying critics score are only based on the taste of the masses?

I am saying the masses of video game critics, as in the hundred of critics who review games.

Neither of these games were games that were going to please all.

ZywyPL

Banned
e 'quality' (if you can call MCC that) was from prior years. In 2019 MS (xbox) game studios released only one new 'quality' game on xbox. Gears 5. The other games are old games rereleasing on switch and PC (MCC on PC, Ori on Switch). The other old game isn't even on xbox which is AoE definitive edition on PC. The only other 'games' actually on xbox in 2019 were Forza's lego expansion dlc and crackdown 3. Yeah quality.

Numbers/statistics don't lie. But please feel free to drive the narrative/excuses the way it makes you feel better.

Last edited:

Three

Numbers/statistics don't lie. But please feel free to drive the narrative/excuses the way it makes you feel better.
Never heard the phrase "Lies, damned lies, and statistics" then I guess ? I've just explained the statistics to you. You can create your own damn narrative from it if you like.

Is that you barp? Relax bro. It’s just a plastic box.

This year Microsoft delivered more and better games according to game critics. It’s a fact.

Just live with it. Don’t hate

Where do you get 'more' from? Not hating but you should try to understand what data you are looking at. Nothing suggests more at all. They released 6 distinct titles.

2 were xbox one games and 1 DLC
Gears 5, Crackdown 3, and Forza Lego DLC.

It was a pretty shit year and I can't believe the hype machine of xbox fans is trying to make that sound amazing.
What bolstered their metacritic average in 2019 were a bunch of rereleased old games on other platforms. MCC on PC, AoE: DE on PC and old Ori on Switch.
That makes up the total of 6 distinct games released last year that metacritic mentioned. How is that more, how is that a great year?

Last edited:
Top Bottom